Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Death Stranding World Premier Trailer[Kojima Productions]

I gotta say, even though this tells basically nothing about the game it sure has me interested. Mads Mikkelsen as the (assumed) bad guy, tentacle tanks, tube babies. Can't wait to see more. What do you guys think?

Things of Interest in the video:
    -Upside down rainbow
    -Mads compass spinning crazy when he releases the skeleton soldiers
    -Mads using a Modern AR, while his soldiers are using WW2 era rifles

What Kojima has said in interviews and volunteer gumshoes found out i can remember seeing is:
    -The location of the first trailer was Deception Island, a volcanic caldera near the south pole where whales kill themselves en masse every few years in an act known as a 'death stranding'
    -Also home to king crabs currently swarming the south pole and destroying valuable ecosystems and both were dead in the trailer on the beach
    -Multiple playable characters
    -Multiple locations including deception island and iceland
    -Ties to the rapture with the four figures in the sky meant to be the high host of angels lead by lucifer in the center with his arms crossed
    -"a story about environmentalism not war"
    -requires "an engine that can deal with a city flooding in real time"
    -online influenced by dark souls and the division
    -"strings that pull people together and sticks we can use as tools or weapons"
    -ways to leave messages like dark souls
    -Ludens has nothing to do with it
    -Not set on our earth but 'one close by'
    -script complete, engine found a few months ago
    -rumoured reports that ito, del toro and joosten have been seen in meetings with Hideo and longtime Kojipro artists
    -third person shooting and action elements included 'because my fans expect it'
    Last edited by Treeskee; 2016-12-02 at 11:56 PM.
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

Deleted
    The biggest takeaway for me was that Del Toro will be involved.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I think I speak for my entire nation when I say "What the fucking fuck?"

Oh and yeah, Mads is a badass.

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    what the fuck

honestly, that trailer makes it a little less interesting to me than the one from E3.

E3 trailer had this esoteric vibe, like some kind of lovecraftian shit. it still looks good, just... idk. less intriguing.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Feels like the guys from Silent Hill/Kojima throwing a nice fuck you to everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    The biggest takeaway for me was that Del Toro will be involved.
    That is huge. Hell the SH teaser was awesome and short as hell, cannot wait for a full fledged game.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

yeah im really glad Del Toro is stil involved despite konami+Silent Hills situation, this should be good

A baby in a jar
    Tanks with tentacles
    Skeleton soldiers

It all makes sense now.

This just makes me want to see more.....sadly we are 3+ years away from seeing the full game
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Its going to be one hell of a sci-fi horror game is what i think!

Unleashed Kojima is best it seems!
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

10+ Year Old Account
    The trailer was awesome. Whens this thing coming out?

Looks awesome. I have no idea what I watched but I loved every second of it!

And like I said Kojima does it again. He has you wondering what the game is all about, he has generated hype and all in all I'm fucking hyped. He seems to be in a much better place and happier since he said adios to Konami while they proceed to shit all over their own legacy and the Metal Gear legacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    And like I said Kojima does it again. He has you wondering what the game is all about, he has generated hype and all in all I'm fucking hyped. He seems to be in a much better place and happier since he said adios to Konami while they proceed to shit all over their own legacy and the Metal Gear legacy.
    Dude they could announce a CE for it tomorrow and I would Pre-Order it. These two trailers have given me such a mind fuck and I enjoy it lol.

Like the last trailer, ill watch this one a few times just to try to figure it out.....

It won't work but ill enjoy it lol.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I was on Kojima's team everytime he asked me to model something for the game, I'd probably just say, "Wait, what do you want me to make? You know what, nevermind. Whatever you want Kojima."

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    If I was on Kojima's team everytime he asked me to model something for the game, I'd probably just say, "Wait, what do you want me to make? You know what, nevermind. Whatever you want Kojima."
    Kojima senpai gets what Kojima senpai wants lol

I'd consider it a honor just to be on his team to be honest. I love someone who can make games feel like movies. It takes a lot of work to do so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I'd consider it a honor just to be on his team to be honest. I love someone who can make games feel like movies. It takes a lot of work to do so.
    Oh for sure. But looking from the production values of the game so far, it seems like his team is filled with extremely talented people.

Oh for sure. But looking from the production values of the game so far, it seems like his team is filled with extremely talented people.
    Aye. Reedus, Mikkelsen and Del Toro. Wouldn't be surprised if he has another big name up his sleeve.