Fiery Red Maimers ...wtf?

I don't understand the design of this legendary at all. 500% increased damage to maim....but don't worry at least it hits an extra target once every minute and a half. I feel like this legendary was designed by someone who has literally no idea how feral is played.
    Last edited by Dannygoy; 2016-12-02 at 10:50 AM.

The effect before change was rly bad except in some keystone levels but this new ome is just meh

Well here's the thing. I just tested it out on PTR and if the target is immune to cc or it is on DR the damage is not even dealt. it just says immune. But the real thing I am wondering is how does this make it through the design phase? You get a cleave stun that costs combo and does mediocre damage every minute and a half. This is worse than sephuz in my opinion.
    Last edited by Dannygoy; 2016-12-02 at 11:02 AM.

Does this provide feral with burst damage for WQs/soloing?

Quote Originally Posted by Kainslife View Post
    Does this provide feral with burst damage for WQs/soloing?
    I see your point, but that issue shouldn't be addressed through a legendary

Quote Originally Posted by mikklas View Post
    I see your point, but that issue shouldn't be addressed through a legendary
    Why not? WQs are endgame content for some folks.

Deleted
    It would be a lot better for the game in total, if that was the only thing that legendaries addressed. But that is just my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Kainslife View Post
    Why not? WQs are endgame content for some folks.
    Let's try to fix our bad design with legendaries so we make it so if people don't have them they are dogshit!

I'll let you know a little secret, this is exactly what they did with boomkins

Quote Originally Posted by Dannygoy View Post
    I don't understand the design of this legendary at all. 500% increased damage to maim....but don't worry at least it hits an extra target once every minute and a half. I feel like this legendary was designed by someone who has literally no idea how feral is played.
    If you hadn't noticed yet most of the class design makes no sense across the board.

Quote Originally Posted by pies1 View Post
    If you hadn't noticed yet most of the class design makes no sense across the board.
    Its just frustrating because if they want feral to be strong at single target and weak at aoe, thats fine. But they keep doing bullshit like the shadow thrash node in the artifact weapon or the Nighthold set bonuses as half-assed attempts to make the aoe better but it wont matter its not nearly enough to make our aoe competitive and it hurts the potential for single target. If you look at Assasination rogue's set bonuses they are much more synergistic with their play style whereas feral makes no sense at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Greif9 View Post
    It would be a lot better for the game in total, if that was the only thing that legendaries addressed. But that is just my opinion
    Agreed. I'm not a fan of how boring-yet-necessary the raid BiS legendaries are. And I have them. This looks fine. The problem isn't that this is bad but that many others are far too good.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Quote Originally Posted by Alltat View Post
    Agreed. I'm not a fan of how boring-yet-necessary the raid BiS legendaries are. And I have them. This looks fine. The problem isn't that this is bad but that many others are far too good.
    I'd agree too but the problem with that is that good legendaries exist. And even if they didn't and legendaries were just quality of life improvements this legendary still doesn't even make sense. Why would maim need a damage buff. Its used as a cc. Even with the damage buff the damage it does is trash and it has a long cool down.

Deleted
    The cooldown is 8 seconds..? It does more damage than a FB for less energy and stuns 3 targets for 5 seconds.

Unless you live in a world where you have a choice of all legendary items, please stop complaining its niche, fun etc. we already have good choices in belt/boots/gloves, and even luffa to some degree. There is no reason to expect everything they make for us to be the biggest DPS increase of all time (we don't need it).

Quote Originally Posted by Nidums View Post
    The cooldown is 8 seconds..? It does more damage than a FB for less energy and stuns 3 targets for 5 seconds.

Unless you live in a world where you have a choice of all legendary items, please stop complaining its niche, fun etc. we already have good choices in belt/boots/gloves, and even luffa to some degree. There is no reason to expect everything they make for us to be the biggest DPS increase of all time (we don't need it).
    the cooldown of maim is 8 sec but the legendary effect only activates after you use ashmane's frenzy. So it only activates once every 1.5 min. And i agree there are great legendaries for feral that's why i hate that this peice of shit is going to dilute my chances of getting a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Nidums View Post

If the target is immune to CC the damage won't be dealt, SO what is the point of the item solo WQ mobs or kill trash mobs? it is non sense

I was really excited for this legendary despite it not being #1 raid dps therefor a waste (sigh) but then it got linked to AF............

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsongs View Post
    If the target is immune to CC the damage won't be dealt, SO what is the point of the item solo WQ mobs or kill trash mobs? it is non sense
    They're potentially useful for mythic+ runs, which is one of the current "endgames".
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Quote Originally Posted by Alltat View Post
    They're potentially useful for mythic+ runs, which is one of the current "endgames".
    The previous version was pretty good for M+, the new version is trash. Then again, making a legendary that affects Maim is pretty clearly just a case of fucking with us anyway, not actually anything serious.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Dannygoy View Post
    Just like the Balance Shoulders that are infinitely more useful for Guardian/Feral? Yeah it's almost like none of the Devs play Druid but somehow got our healing and tank specs down pretty well

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    The previous version was pretty good for M+, the new version is trash. Then again, making a legendary that affects Maim is pretty clearly just a case of fucking with us anyway, not actually anything serious.
    On the same level as giving Boomkins a worthless gold trait (Echoing Stars) or Guardian a worthless 3 point minor trait (+3% Crit to Maul, a spell that no one uses).
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.