Thread: Lol or Wow?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Lol or Wow?

Give honest opinions. I wanna know what the majority prefers.

Deleted
    LoL because i can be imaginative and create my own build with unique runes, masteries, items and be different from everyone else.
    I always like to be different and in WoW is just impossible with all the change removal of any kind of customization.

Bit of a stupid comparison. That's like comparing F1 to Borderlands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    Completely different games. LoL is easier if you have little time. WoW is much more fun if you have a lot of time to invest.
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

I tried LoL a long time ago. I researched the game, watched some playthroughs, then found a character and style I thought sounded fun.

Then I discovered that said character/style wasn't really viable until you had hit summoner level 30, which required a lot of grinding. Not exactly what I had been looking for in a game with the style of LoL, so I tried looking for more characters.

Did decently my first few matches, then ran into a few issues. Decided to venture onto the forums for help, ran afoul of the community. Was significantly less than pleasant. I expect vitriol everywhere on the internet, but I didn't find anything of particular value outside a few stickied posts to balance it out. In the end, it felt like the cost of dealing with the terrible community, the terrible in-game reactions, and grinding was not worth the potential of truly enjoying the game if and when I finally mastered it.

I also hate the "last hit" mechanic. I'm capable of it, but find it distasteful. If I ever seriously go back to a MOBA, it's likely to be HotS for that reason alone.

Football or icecream?

But for real, why not both? Why do people feel they only can play a certain amount of games, or even just one? I play like 5 different games each day, some BF1, some LoL, some WoW, some random Steam game I felt for right there and then.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Butthurt Beluga View Post
    Yeah, different games and all...

League of Legends used to be really, really fun back around S1/S2/Maybe even S3, but afterward the game continued to get progressively worse (likely due to Tencent) and continues that trend today.

This is coming from someone who played the game almost religiously, played at a relatively high level (Diamond~ during S3) and spent over $1,000.00 on the game over a course of several years.

I definitely will go back to WoW long before I go back to League.
    What exactly is it that makes the game so bad now? Just curious, as I find it rather enjoyable at the moment. Started in S3 though, so missed out on what you felt was so amazing with this game.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

League of Legends used to be really, really fun back around S1/S2/Maybe even S3, but afterward the game continued to get progressively worse (likely due to Tencent) and continues that trend today.

This is coming from someone who played the game almost religiously, played at a relatively high level (Diamond~ during S3) and spent over $1,000.00 on the game over a course of several years.

Been here since beta of LoL, brought the starter pack, with goth annie, king rammus and silver kayle (think there is a fourth but I don't remember)
    I find the game in its current state so much better then it was back then, where it was fiddles or WW jungle and Annie mid every game.

It looks better it handles better the skill cap on most heroes has gone up separating the bad players form good.
    I'm curious what don't you like about the game now?

Sounds like a bunch of personal problems, and not many LoL problems then.

Sure the game got meta picks, but it also got off-meta picks. And I am rather sure you didn't get banned for playing AD brand, there is always more to the story.
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

LoL is much more nuanced. There's a lot to learn and it's very unfriendly to beginners because of that. At the highest level there's a lot of things that players will do that new players may not even register.

WoW is pretty simple and beginner friendly, not to mention it's more of an adventure. You can progress as much as you want, whether that be LFR or Mythic Raids. There is a skill element but it's not nearly at the curve that LoL is at the higher levels.

There are comparable achievements in both games. A diamond rank in LoL may translate to the same level of skill a Mythic Raider needs, however being a Mythic Raider implies you're a part of a group that does group content together, that your achievement is not only your own but your guild's, where as in LoL you can solo queue to whatever rank.

They're not similar games, the only similarity is the class aspect, both being games with different classes and subclasses of character that perform different roles. That's about it.

I'm fairly good at lol (Last 3 seasons Diamond + finish) but it has a lot to do with the fact I started playing it early, whereas with WoW I'm a pretty competent raider with AOTC and a +11 clear under my belt and I've mostly played on and off. When LoL changes drastically season to season there's a lot of catchup knowledge wise but with WoW everything is pretty easy to understand.

Just depends on the person. You definitely don't want to play WoW by yourself, but in LoL that may work for you. There are people who play LoL exclusively in groups but that doesn't mean you have to.

Lots to consider. Would not recommend LoL to new players, but would not recommend WoW to new players who can't pay for the sub and don't have friends who play.

well I go from playing wow, to taking a break on wow to play league a lot...just cause I tend to get bored in wow at times when I've gotten everything I've been needing and want to play a much more fast paced game. Hard for me to favor one over the other though since they are completely different games, I love both equally :3

basically whatever you are more in the mood for playing, an MMO, or a fast paced pvp sort of game
    "don't let anyone with bad eyebrows tell you shit about life"

Deleted
    Very different games and therefore impossible to get a answer.
    If you compared lol to hots I could give you my opinions. Or wow compared to another MMO.

So... Fast pace gameplay go lol.
    Adventure and exploration with endless progression go wow.

Do you like character progression, playing with a bunch of people etc? WoW is the stuff for you.

Do you like something more fast paced, tactics (what items to get etc) then LoL is for you.

Are you like me and can enjoy several games at once, then both fits fine. WoW costs a small fee each month, LoL is 100% free (unless you want a bunch of skins). Playing both is perfectly fine.

Deleted
    Just depends on the person. You definitely don't want to play WoW by yourself, but in LoL that may work for you. There are people who play LoL exclusively in groups but that doesn't mean you have to.

Intel processor or dust from spaceship?

You can't compare the uncompareable.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

ah, the typical "s3 was the only good time". Because nothing was more fun than getting a twitch with 60 seconds of invisibility, gaining attack speed as they are invisible, and being able to shred a team with a 6 tiamat build while ulting. Because back then twitch had no deduction per target hit, also gaining 100% attack speed while ulting and firing penetrating rounds through a wave of minions and 5 people. Fun

so different games... but LoL

Deleted
    atm i prefer wow, just because of the better community

Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    Football or icecream?

But for real, why not both? Why do people feel they only can play a certain amount of games, or even just one? I play like 5 different games each day, some BF1, some LoL, some WoW, some random Steam game I felt for right there and then.

- - - Updated - - -

What exactly is it that makes the game so bad now? Just curious, as I find it rather enjoyable at the moment. Started in S3 though, so missed out on what you felt was so amazing with this game.
    Increased team focus is what I get from a lot of friends also the switch from pure mmr to division.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

LoL is dying.. wow was dying.. balance scale