Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    Thanks. The video link he later posts was good too. Atleast it has been acknowledged that they know of the problem and are looking at it

Am I wrong to be completely flabbergasted that they just buffed straight damage to Rogue, Mage, Ench Sham, Priest but not Monk? Or am I reading something wrong from the notes?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vins04 View Post
    Am I wrong to be completely flabbergasted that they just buffed straight damage to Rogue, Mage, Ench Sham, Priest but not Monk? Or am I reading something wrong from the notes?
    The PTR is not finished yet. There are more tuning changes to come. We will likely see the monk tunings after they apply whatever fix they end up going with to SEF

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You're reading something wrong. Those auras aren't buffs, their just ways that blizzard can tune things quickly before transitioning them to the abilities. It doesn't mean that they got buffed.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Deleted
    You're reading something wrong. Those auras aren't buffs, their just ways that blizzard can tune things quickly before transitioning them to the abilities. It doesn't mean that they got buffed.
    These auras are buffs, but of course with regard to state of these classes on PTR not on live.

Quote Originally Posted by ginfleth View Post
    These auras are buffs, but of course with regard to state of these classes on PTR not on live.

Once the PTR cycle is concluded, these adjustments will most likely be moved from that passive aura into the baseline spells, but in the meantime, please be aware that what's seen via datamining may not immediately show all of the actual changes that have taken place.
    That's from the blue post. Says likely but Babylonius is correct in saying that the aura's are not intended to make it to live.

They are buffs that Blizzard is considering. They use the aura to have a single thing to turn dials on for balancing without having to go through 10 abilities but the intend is very much to arrive at 'balanced' values and then move those buffs out of the aura into the actual abilities.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Berlitz View Post
    That's from the blue post. Says likely but Babylonius is correct in saying that the aura's are not intended to make it to live.
    They represent damage buffs that would make it to live if these changes were made final. Just instead of correcting 20 abilities, they apply an aura.

Deleted
    The reason of nerfing serenity is probably new class trinket from Nighthold. It works with serenity and reduces its cooldown to roughly 1min.

Quote Originally Posted by Nedros View Post
    The reason of nerfing serenity is probably new class trinket from Nighthold. It works with serenity and reduces its cooldown to roughly 1min.
    i really hope thats not the reason, cause balancing a class around ONE trinket would be a desaster. if you're lucky and got the trinket, you're in a good spot, if not you're just hanging behind the other......same bullshit like they did with the legendaries.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nedros View Post
    Where do we see that trinket?

More dramatic than any drama queen I've ever seen it's still over a month before we'll see this go live and a lot of time between now and then. Also, when did monks ever need a buff? I absolutely destroy enhnancement shamans in everything except straight up single target 5m + encounters, rogues have to choose between outlaw to compete in aoe or go sin for single target, mages well, they are kinda funky all over the place anything can come out pretty good after this and priests? Well got buffed because they nerfed s2m.

Way too early to cry about anything considering we're sitting in the best spot out of everyone all around and jesus christ brewmaster is definitely going to turn into the best tank at this rate.

Quote Originally Posted by ehxy View Post
    Way too early to cry about anything considering we're sitting in the best spot out of everyone all around and jesus christ brewmaster is definitely going to turn into the best tank at this rate.
    Maybe at the start of the expansion. With current scaling monk is at the bottom of the damage metters, and as people get more gear we are falling further behind
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...et=90&sample=7
    I really doubt a SEF bugfix will solve this problem and so far we've seen no plans to solve the scaling issues. Even unholy DKs are doing more damage now and on their forums they are crying their spec is unusable...

Quote Originally Posted by ehxy View Post
    More dramatic than any drama queen I've ever seen it's still over a month before we'll see this go live and a lot of time between now and then. Also, when did monks ever need a buff? I absolutely destroy enhnancement shamans in everything except straight up single target 5m + encounters, rogues have to choose between outlaw to compete in aoe or go sin for single target, mages well, they are kinda funky all over the place anything can come out pretty good after this and priests? Well got buffed because they nerfed s2m.

Sounds like your still running low level contents with low iL people
    Monk scaling is a known issue and has fallen behind for quite some time

I made a account just so I could like this thread!!

do you see any buff to wlocks? They have it a lot worst ... trust me ... Currently the WW dps is okey ... way above average ... can't say the same for a DPS class that his only role is DPS and all 3 specs suck

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuskchi View Post
    do you see any buff to wlocks? They have it a lot worst ... trust me ... Currently the WW dps is okey ... way above average ... can't say the same for a DPS class that his only role is DPS and all 3 specs suck
    I wouldn't call WW dps way above average, we're just average. And very lacklustre on ST.

Still no spell changes for Monks on PTR notes, makes me nervous.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuskchi View Post
    Demonology is one of the strongest single target dps specs in the whole game.

WW DPS most definitely is not okay, it is terrible single target while aoe dps is pretty good but not capable of the same burst AOE dps as other classes.

Deleted
    Some legendary nerfs on ptr today, devs are definitely trying to lower diferences between best and worst legs. I just hope theyll make something up for this dps nerfs... geez I'll be missing my 5M absorb from karma

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgrim View Post
    I wouldn't call WW dps way above average, we're just average. And very lacklustre on ST.

Still no spell changes for Monks on PTR notes, makes me nervous.
    Check WoWHead for your notes, MMO are crap these days. 4% buff aura for us in the build.