Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Looks good. Well the trailer looked good. Suicide Squad has taught me to not get hyped for movies with amazing trailers. Cruise is pretty good in action-thrillers so at least we have that.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Hmm...Tom Cruise and ...the more original Mummy? But...Sofia Boutella is playing the Mummy. And Russell Crowe is playing Dr. Jeckyll...

Well, it's got my attention..

I'm intrigued.

Deleted
    Shouldn't there have been a Trailer today? So, where is it??

Nvm, here I founds it
    Last edited by mmocced9c7d33d; 2016-12-05 at 03:07 AM.

Looks like a 7/10 movie. I'll rent it. Tom Cruise can carry most movies.

I just hope, being a mythology buff, they at least have a character that taps into a bit of the history a bit. The sense I get from that trailer is that the woman is an Egyptologist and Tom Cruise is some sort of soldier.

Similar to the Brendan Fraser Mummy, but obviously this one is much darker in tone.

I actually quite liked that trailer, will give it a go

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    The fuck is it with all these reboots recently? Leave good movies alone and stop tainting them. Ben-Hur has already suffered from it.
    Hollywood's boner for sequels and reboots won't stop until people stop shelling out cash hand over fist for them. A new IP represents risk, the one thing Hollywood likes the least.

fuuuuck off universal. I not agasint reboots so much as I am with studios going through the motions and giving us a "grittier" version. you know what made the original movies good? they didn't take themselves seriously. this? uuuuuugh.

1999 Mummy was a great fun movie.

Young Rachel Weisz was so cute.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    ... Did they replace Brendan Fraser with Tom Cruise?
    They did indeed. I like Brendan Fraser, and at least the first Mummy was pretty good. (I like Cruise as well, of course - and this will probably be good, too).

Hmm, that trailer was uninspiring, maybe I will give it a watch when it comes out on the TV... "Tom Cruise" Well, shit, that just propelled itself to never watch then.

unpopular opinion: I dislike Tom Cruise.

To me it looks like it could be interesting. Not something ill go to the movies and watch but I may get it on Blu-ray.

The chick gave me a Queen of the Damned vibe and I mite be one of the few people who enjoyed that movie.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Brendan Fraiser we miss you :/

This trailer look kinda meh. I enjoy Russel Crowe so maybe he will salvage it in a baddie role.

Looks like Mission Impossible with a Mummy. That plane scene could have come out of any action movie ever. The actual Mummy stuff looks pretty good though. Hopefully they focus on that.

I guess my main concern is that it's going to be too much of a generic Tom Cruise thing. A mummy movie needs to have some level of horror to it. Even the Brendan Frasier movies (or at least the first one) while more-or-less Indiana Jones-lite adventure movies, still made the Mummy fairly creepy.

Deleted
    Trailer looked terrible. Just like any generic action movie.

The first Brendan Fraser one was a lot of fun. And I did fall head over heels for Rachel Weisz, and her bookish character. (Librarians can be so hot)

Tom Cruise tends to go all out for his character. (He's never been a bad actor in any movie I've seen with him in it. Just the opposite) Add in Russell Crowe and I think this has the promise of being their best "classic remake" of these monster movies.

Meh, I'm all for cinematic universes but this just doesn't do it for me. How the heck does the mummy fit in with all the rest? Maybe it's just nostalgia talking.

Well, if I recall they plan on doing two other "classic remakes;" The Invisible Man and the Creature from the Black Lagoon.

Frankenstein, Wolfman, Dracula, Mummy...all classics.