Question Need help deciding which monitor is best

Need some expert help to find out which monitor would be best for these two PCs down below. I want to know so I don't get the wrong one

Hard Drive Capacity: 1120 gigabytes
    Hard Drive Type: SATA+Solid State Drive
    Operating System: Windows 10
    Processor Brand: AMD
    Processor Speed: 3.5 Gigahertz
    Processor Model: AMD FX-Series
    System Memory(RAM): 8 gigabytes
    Cache Memory: 8 megabytes
    Type of Memory(RAM): DDR3 SDRAM
    Number Of Memory Slots: 2
    System Memory RAM Speed: 1600 megahertz
    Graphics Type: Discrete
    Graphics Processing Unit/GPU: NVIDIA GeForce
    Video Memory Type: Dedicated
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
    Video Memory: 3072 megabytes
    Operating System Architecture: 64-bit

And the other PC is pretty much the same but:
    Hard Drive Capacity: 1000 gigabytes
    Hard Drive Type: SATA
    Hard Drive RPM: 7200 revolutions per minute

Then idk if this helps but current games I am playing on my PC right now are:

World of Warcraft
    Heroes of the Storm
    Overwatch
    Fallout 4
    Skyrim: SE
    Dishonored: Definitive Edition
    Dishonored 2
    and have Darksiders Warmastered Edition and 2 Deathfinitive Edition but not downloaded yet

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    You should probably include relevant stuff like what resolution you want, what size, what refresh rate, and how much you want to spend. They really only needed the GPU you have in the description. SInce you have a 1060 you can go 4k if you want but it will not hit 60 fps. If I was you I would look at this site and see what they have to say in the area you are interested in and narrow it down some. Most everyone is going to give you their personal opinion when it comes to monitors.
    Last edited by vindicatorx; 2016-12-03 at 08:02 AM.

I'm willing to trust some personal opinions since I really don't know much how monitors work, reason why I made an account and asking for help

Well to narrow it down. I want a smooth clean game play experience (no tearing or stuttering or any ghosting) while at the same time want graphics to look amazing and colorful (want all settings to be able to be put on Ultra or higher. Idk if thats based on graphics card or the monitor lol), size between 21 - 25 and price range around 200-600+

Quote Originally Posted by Spagetto View Post

Not many reviews (it's a new model released in August) but this looks like an insane deal (on sale for $119.99 at the time of my posting) for an Asus IPS monitor.
    That is insanely good! But is 5ms okay? From what I read up 1ms is like the best.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandam23 View Post
    Well to narrow it down. I want a smooth clean game play experience (no tearing or stuttering or any ghosting) while at the same time want graphics to look amazing and colorful (want all settings to be able to be put on Ultra or higher. Idk if thats based on graphics card or the monitor lol), size between 21 - 25 and price range around 200-600+
    I mean I don't know lot's of stuff but I research it on my own. Smooth game play is kinda vague but I assume you mean you don't want ghosting. When describing an LCD or flat-panel display, ghosting is used to describe an artifact caused by a slow response time. As the screen refreshes, the human eye still perceives the image previously displayed; causing a smearing or blurring visual effect. So to combat that you want to look at refresh rates, Interesting article to educate everyone on refresh rates. This article also clears up that whole response time you guys were talking about as well. Next you say you want the graphics to look amazing that's kinda vague as well. I mean Your card is 4k ready but you are going to see lower frame rates I would guess no more than 40 depending on the game. While you could go with a 2k resolution and it would still easily hit the 60FPS most everyone wants. You still didn't mention size so I will have to guess. using the article I linked in my first post I would go with a sk resolution at 144mhz and they just so happen to have a really nice one at around $530 for a 27 Inch I would go with this one.
    it's a badass.

PS: Don't worry about the GSYNC it won't affect the performance at all.
    Last edited by vindicatorx; 2016-12-04 at 10:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    I mean I don't know lot's of stuff but I research it on my own. Smooth game play is kinda vague but I assume you mean you don't want ghosting. When describing an LCD or flat-panel display, ghosting is used to describe an artifact caused by a slow response time. As the screen refreshes, the human eye still perceives the image previously displayed; causing a smearing or blurring visual effect. So to combat that you want to look at refresh rates, Interesting article to educate everyone on refresh rates. This article also clears up that whole response time you guys were talking about as well. Next you say you want the graphics to look amazing that's kinda vague as well. I mean Your card is 4k ready but you are going to see lower frame rates I would guess no more than 40 depending on the game. While you could go with a 2k resolution and it would still easily hit the 60FPS most everyone wants. You still didn't mention size so I will have to guess. using the article I linked in my first post I would go with a sk resolution at 144mhz and they just so happen to have a really nice one at around $530 for a 27 Inch I would go with this one.
    it's a badass.

PS: Don't worry about the GSYNC it won't affect the performance at all.
    WOW that monitor is really good! But to get your opinion, is 4ms still good or it just anything lower than 5ms just the same?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandam23 View Post
    WOW that monitor is really good! But to get your opinion, is 4ms still good or it just anything lower than 5ms just the same?
    Anything 5 ms and under is more than fine especially, if you had read the linked articles you would know, with the other built in features.