Page 1 of 12
... LastLast
    Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account

To all those ilvl fanboys

Hello there.
    I'm casually playing a ret pally, and by casually I mean I no longer raid mythic which I used to do.

I haven't killed a single boss in EN mythic / ToV mythic, I only do HC raids from time to time and only do sub-10 mythic dungeons and Kara.
    Currently got 872 ilvl equipped.

So whenever I apply for Maw of Souls boosting groups I get declined for whatever reasons.
    I guess it might be that 880 overall ilvl (which the group leaders see when I sign up) isn't high enough to be able to do a +7 or +9 MoS.
    Or it's probably rumors that ret paladins are bad in any situation, have no utility whatsoever and the group can't benefit from having a ret.

Now what I want everyone to understand is that ilvl DOESN'T guarantee higher dps. IT. DOES. NOT.
    Even a 10 ilvl difference DOESN'T mean the character with lower ilvl is far worse in terms of damage output.
    Secondary stats, trinkets and item bonuses STILL matter A LOT.

My simDPS is 459724. I managed to pull 514K dps on Ursoc HC last week (before I had a chance to level my artifact to 35 which is a plain 5% dmg increase).

Now my friend who is also a ret with 7/7 EN M and 2/3 ToV M experience and 889 ilvl equipped with 2 best in slot legendaries sims for 441330 dps.

Notice that it's a 18k difference.

PLEASE STOP being the victims of stereotypes and learn to use something except Pawn.
    At least check warcraftlogs before mindlessly declining people who can actually shine in your group.
    - Give the sword to Verral, he's got russian damage dealer prio.
    © Twentytwo

Statistically higher ilvl means higher dps. Generally, i890 person should do more dps than i820 person, for instance.

I would decline you too, becasue I can get anybody with higher ilvl easily, so why should I not?

Deleted
    the biggest problem for dps is that there are ussualy 20 that apply in the first 5 seconds you put the group up, before any ilvl or class considerations are even made.

as for how good a random will be? well they are called random for a reason, sometimes you get lucky sometimes you don't, no easy way to tell.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's probably not that your ilvl isn't enough, it is, but that they get applicants with even higher that they take instead.

If I'm looking for 1 dps, I'm usually going to get a fairly big list of applicants. I can either intentionally go for the lower ilvl ones hoping that it works out, this would give you the perception that I wasn't "falling for the ilvl trap" - or I could simply invite the highest ilvl ones, which statistically would give me people with higher damage and more experience in the content.

Deleted
    If you are as good as you say you are, I'm sure your friends list is big enough not to worry about pugging.

There are hundreds of dps signing up the moment someone makes a group. Group creators don't know you, they don't know how awesome you are. The only thing they can see is your ilevel and class. There are people with higher ilevel and classes that have better utilities signing up. Do you really expect group leader to pass them for some random ret paladin?

Quote Originally Posted by Verral View Post
    At least check warcraftlogs before mindlessly declining people who can actually shine in your group.
    Are you for real? There are hundreds of dps signing up the moment someone makes a group. Do you really expect anyone to check logs?

Deleted
    yeah i hope the next blizzard mmo has NOT the shity old damn annoying tank-heal-dd meta..

healers are okay , but there are probably 50dds to ONE tank in legion..

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wenoxar View Post
    Statistically higher ilvl means higher dps. Generally, i890 person should do more dps than i820 person, for instance.

I would decline you too, becasue I can get anybody with higher ilvl easily, so why should I not?
    Well, I would do the same thing after checking your armory.
    At least I hope you've got Medivh trinket in your bags.
    © Twentytwo

I would love to see some proof that your 872 sims higher than an 889 double BIS ret, because that sounds like a flat out lie

Join a guild and don't pug. When I make a pug group, I have ZERO idea who this person is, how they play... and the safest bet is to grab the higher ilvl.

I do avoid 890's though as they almost always leave after one wipe.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    Are you for real? There are hundreds of dps signing up the moment someone makes a group. Do you really expect anyone to check logs?
    I always do. A short glance at the numbers which actually mean something does neither take long nor hurt.
    © Twentytwo

15+ Year Old Account
    I always do. A short glance at the numbers which actually mean something does neither take long nor hurt.
    For what content?

If you're checking armories before 5-man content for everyone who applies, you'll often spend more time trawling through armory than in the actual instance. I don't believe you.

Deleted
    ilvl872
    514k DPS @Ursoc

so according to warcraftlogs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...din&bracket=16
    top dps is 499k DPS for 872-874

so unless you got more proof to your story, i would call it a bunch of lies.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    For what content?

If you're checking armories before 5-man content for everyone who applies, you'll often spend more time trawling through armory than in the actual instance. I don't believe you.
    It's your right not to believe me but I know every classes BiS legendaries, trinkets and stat priorities.
    Checking a person's armory takes me 20 seconds tops (hint: use ArmoryQuickLink addon).
    Another 40 seconds to check wlogs.
    It gives me a MUCH better general idea of what the person is capable of than simply inviting him purely because his ilvl is higher.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JhonnyQ View Post
    ilvl872
    514k DPS @Ursoc

so according to warcraftlogs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...din&bracket=16
    top dps is 499k DPS for 872-874

so unless you got more proof to your story, i would call it a bunch of lies.
    You should've paid more attention reading my post. Clearly stated it was Ursoc HC.
    I'm not saying it's a huge achievement but it's pretty decent with the ilvl given.
    © Twentytwo

Deleted
    So I check armory, see you applied, see a 890 monk with +15 Mythic+ achievement, 7/7 M EN and some ToV M bosses. Which one I take?

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BaltazarDZ View Post
    So I check armory, see you applied, see a 890 monk with +15 Mythic+ achievement, 7/7 M EN and some ToV M bosses. Which one I take?
    You obviously choose the monk, but he might be the worst player in his mythic squad. You can never know.
    © Twentytwo

i'd invite some 875 guy over an 890 or even 885+ guy most cases because their ego is HUGE and they leave after 1 wipe or talk mad to the group. I had that happen multiple times with high 880+ people. I usually black list the latin america servers because they don't speak english or understand group chat and how to communicate. I also blacklist the PVP meme servers of tryhard people with terrible humor Kel'Thuzad/Tichondrius/ that think its cool to vape while playing wow and it makes them feel thug. I also blacklist most OZ/aussie realms because their dank memes and sick cunt jokes usually result in them having a very short temper and leads them to talking shit to the group or leaving after a bad pull, (Frostmourne usually).
    Last edited by Brewhan; 2016-12-03 at 09:57 AM.

It's your right not to believe me but I know every classes BiS legendaries, trinkets and stat priorities.
    Checking a person's armory takes me 20 seconds tops (hint: use ArmoryQuickLink addon).
    Another 40 seconds to check wlogs.
    It gives me a MUCH better general idea of what the person is capable of than simply inviting him purely because his ilvl is higher.

- - - Updated - - -

You should've paid more attention reading my post. Clearly stated it was Ursoc HC.
    I'm not saying it's a huge achievement but it's pretty decent with the ilvl given.
    Amazing, almost to the point of being flat out impossible to believe. You would be in the top 200 in the world and surrounded by people 10+ item levels higher then you and being able to put their buffs on other people at 880+ item levels.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

You obviously choose the monk, but he might be the worst player in his mythic squad. You can never know.
    So if you know why people will "obviously" choose people with a higher ilvl over you, why did you make this thread?

Even the worst person in a mythic +15 that finishes in time on top of being a 7/7 m raider is going to be pretty solid.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Floreon View Post
    So if you know why people will "obviously" choose people with a higher ilvl over you, why did you make this thread?
    Because it's wrong.
    © Twentytwo