Mythic Renferal - Violent Winds positioning question

Mythic Renferal - Violent Winds question

before the boss casts violent winds he leaps to the edge of the platform but Ive seen him jump towards the direction he was facing and other times hop backwards.

How exactly do you control the direction+where he leaps and after he lands can you turn him around before he starts channeling the spell?

I believe it's random. If you have a paladin, this mechanic is completely nullified with Divine Shield and Blessing of Spellwarding; if you got any paladins in your group that could go Prot for this fight, it's well worth doing so for the ease of the mechanic and it lets DPS stand there for a long time and just focus on DPSing her down.

There is no rhyme or reason to this mechanic. She will jump literally anywhere on the platform within 40 yards or so. Is there a reason why you need her to go a specific direction?

Also, the Paladin thing really does make this mechanic completely trivial, but the entire fight is fairly easy as is, so don't stress too much about it. Once the boss clicks for your raid, you'll probably never wipe again to this boss.
    Last edited by Atoned; 2016-12-03 at 08:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Atoned View Post
    There is no rhyme or reason to this mechanic. She will jump literally anywhere on the platform within 40 yards or so. Is there a reason why you need her to go a specific direction?

Also, the Paladin thing really does make this mechanic completely trivial, but the entire fight is fairly easy as is, so don't stress too much about it. Once the boss clicks for your raid, you'll probably never wipe again to this boss.
    I believe I just figured it out, just watched 5 different kill videos and she only ever jumps to 3 spots (marked by the 3x blue "R"s in the screenshot)

http://imgur.com/a/YXXoH (Ignore the yellow lines)

Any tank can solo the violent winds with external healing cds, not just prot paladins... I do it every week, since week 1 of Mythic raiding together with my druid tank (i'm a warrior)