Future of WoW Predictions!

Hi all, hope everyone is having a good Holiday Season. Lately there has been a lot of stress and concern on the forums and I thought maybe we could funnel that into something more creative. I'm interested in what everyone thinks the Future of WoW will hold!

My Prediction:

I believe that WoW has Legion and two, possibly three expansions left.

Legion: We already know we kill someone specific (For those who hate spoilers) in the Nighthold and we know we face at least the Avatar of Sargeras within The Tomb of Sargeras and we know we are going to Argus come 7.4. The Tomb of Sargeras being the most interesting part in my eyes. This is the first time we've ever encountered even a part of Sargeras himself. I believe we've heard just his voice once but have never seen a manifestation of him. This leads me to believe that we are closing in on the root of all that's Evil.

On Argus I Believe that we will take down KJ once and for all giving time for Sargeras and what's left of the Burning Legion to escape/retreat. I could however see a Mythic only encounter where we fight Sargeras / Lesser form of Sargeras and see just what it is we are up against (Pretty much like MoS/HoV where we fight Helya and Odyn to a certain percent, but during the encounter we are teleported away by some unknown force as Sargeras Cleaves the Planet in two.

In the next expansions pre release event it picks up when we came back from Argus and Queen Aszhara and her army have taken over Stormwind and Ogrimmar and we have to take back our capital cities. This would introduce the Queen into the game fully instead of as a Shadow or past form and Legion would end.

Next Expansion: Call of the Madning Sea

This expansion would take place within the South Seas and would be heavily based around Queen Azshara and N'zoth.

First Tier of Raiding would include taking the fight to the Queen herself and either killing her or severely weakening her and the Naga. We would receive help from Nepotlian (Sorry spelling) who IIRC we haven't seen since Throne of Tides.

In a mini raid Tier we would enter his Realm and be forced to cleanse him since he was corrupted by N'zoth. After cleansing him with the help of Azeroths Baby Titan whose powers have begun to manifest he remembers where N'zoth sleeps and better yet, how to reach and kill him. We just need a few things of course.

In the second raid Tier we travel back to Ulduar where they have the raid remade. We needed the assistance and powers of the keepers in order to reach and kill N'zoth. N'zoth who at this point was shocked and frightened of the the new baby titan sends his minions there to try and kill the keepers and also resurrect Yogg. We fight through the raid rescuing the keepers but find them all in a state of demise and they pass their remaining powers into the baby titan.

As we reach the prison where Yoggs body laid we find the Black Prince and we come to understand he was the power that saved us back on Argus. He explains to us that he has been searching for a way to reach N'zoth and hoped to find answers in Ulduar. Azshara meets us there in an even more corrupted old god form and fights us and with the help of the Black Prince we defeat her. She holds an essence of N'zoth which is needed to reach his lair. The Black Prince would explain that the essence is too corrupted and it's too much of a risk for anyone but himself to contain. He absorbs its power.

After this the Black Prince says he needs time to control the essence and he will summon us when the time is right.

Last Tier:

We receive a summons from the Black Prince to meet him at the Tomb of Sargeras. Upon meeting him he notes the old god slumbers in a cavern far below where the light cannot reach. We trek through the Tomb until we come to a room where there is ancient writing on the wall and the Black Prince with the help of Khadgar unlock its seal. We are instantly greeted by N'zoths most powerful Lieutenants and both Khadgar and the Black Prince have to stay back and rest.

Once we encounter N'zoth Khadgar and the Black Prince join us and we fight him Sinestra Style. During the encounter Khadgar is fending off an attack from N'zoth and while we are dealing with his minions the Black Prince kills Khadgar and absorbs his power. He explains to us that he has always been a manifestation of one of the Void Lords and he simply wanted to test our strengths. We are empowered from the death of an ally and we are able to destroy N'zoth.

In the pre expansion event all hell breaks loose on Azeroth and we are essentially experiencing Armageddon. Jania comes back from a long drought and explains she was fighting with the Army of Light and tells us they've located the location of the Void Lords and she assumes Khadgars mantle. We have to escape Azeroth as Sargeras cleaves the entire planet in two and only us (heroes) and the main characters make the escape.

Final Expansion: The Dark Beyond

We don't exactly know where we are, but we are told we aren't exactly anywhere or at any point in time. The Caverns of Time was the means of our travel and we are both everywhere but no where. We are within the Realm of the Void Lords and we are surrounded by the Army of Light. The leader of this Army of Light is Variann! He was teleported just as Gul'dan thought he blew him up and he has been leading the fight since then. They explain that even though the Void Lords have no physical form and are made from Shadows there is a way to kill them, but first we have to find an artifact that only a titan can wield that will shed light on the realm and make it so the Void Lords cannot remain hidden.

Tier 1:

In this tier it's all about finding the Artifact and giving it to the Azerothan Titan. We fight through different times in WoW (remember we are somehow in the Caverns of Time). We would witness crucial events such as the First and Second great wars. Eventually we would come in contact with the Dragon Aspects who would reveal the location of such an artifact, a prototype of the Dragon Soul if you will, and we retrieve said item.

Tier 2: We make contact with the Manifestation of Sargeras and he explains that even with the destruction of the Void Lords, Azeroth itself would still be destroyed and the Void Lords would trap the heroes there forever. We make battle within his stronghold and finally face him. During the Fight our titan shoots a heavenly beam at Sargeras vanquishing his illusion and allowing us to fight the physical form. After heavy casualties we win the fight, purifying the Titan and realize that we have a chance after all.

Tier 3:

This is where my "fantasies" draw to a close. I do not know how this could play out but essentially we are ambushed by all of the remaining Void Lords and the entire Army of Light is destroyed and most of our Key Characters. With the final battle at hand we fight valiantly but realize their power is too much. The Azerothan Titan absorbs all of the artifact power and with the combined power of it and Sargeras are able to destroy the Void Lords and resurrect Azeroth and all those who perished.

With all of the major threats from Azeroth gone there is a long peace and the Horde and Alliance learn to live together unified as one.

Possible Last Expansion: Peace

This expansion I would imagine free to play. They would bring it so you can play cross "faction" and it would simply finish off remaining stories or aspects of the game that was never shown. They would keep the servers up until they decided there was no more content or until they decided the money was no longer there.

Well that was a lot. What do you guys think will happen? Btw I wrote this all on the toilet and I think my legs are now dead. Happy Discussions!

this is super cringy, you can't be serious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emaias View Post
    Btw I wrote this all on the toilet
    i believe you.
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they will continue to release crappy expansions and maybe, if we are lucky ,one decent or good every now and then until the end of time.