Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Touching Video about high school shooting trending

So Sandy Hooks came out with a touching video this week. At first, before I had clicked on it I was like what is this? Sandy Hooks? Isn't it that school that got shot up? So I clicked on it. I continued to watch and was like, um what is this exactly? Once I got to the end, I realized this was a really powerful message and really did a good job of displaying different sides to different stories. If you see anything suspicious or any bullying, I recommend people report it.

"You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

That was an interesting video, thanks for sharing.

I don't necessarily think interest in rifles/guns isn't necessarily predictive of school shootings, it's pretty mainstream in certain parts of the US. It's a good message, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    That was an interesting video, thanks for sharing.

I don't necessarily think interest in rifles/guns isn't necessarily predictive of school shootings, it's pretty mainstream in certain parts of the US. It's a good message, though.
    Yeah the video surprised the heck out of me. I didn't know -what- it was about or what it had to do with Sandy Hooks but as far as rifles go, most school shooters before they claim the title, usually talk about guns a lot or practice shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Yeah the video surprised the heck out of me. I didn't know -what- it was about or what it had to do with Sandy Hooks but as far as rifles go, most school shooters before they claim the title, usually talk about guns a lot or practice shooting.
    Quick lock up all the young folk who go hunting!
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    Quick lock up all the young folk who go hunting!
    Ironic enough, hunting can actually be a "symptom" of it if you want to get technical.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    No, the lesson is to watch for a Sudden interest in guns in teenagers, and anyone else, because that is a warning sign.
    This is almost as stupid as thinking a person is going to mug you because he is black!
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

10+ Year Old Account
    This is almost as stupid as thinking a person is going to mug you because he is black!
    You're not always going to be into guns or what not. Someone will always be black or whatever race they are.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Saying that this is almost as stupid as thinking a person is going to mug you because he is black is almost as stupid as thinking a person is going to mug you because he is black.

As has already been explained to you...it's the Sudden interest that's a warning sign. If the kid that goes hunting with his dad every summer starts talking about how he got a new gun for hunting with his dad that summer...that's not a warning sign. If a kid who has never talked about guns before starts talking about how to convert an AR15 to be fully automatic...that's a warning sign.

No it's not, it's advice from people whose entire job is trying to prevent suicide. Take your posturing elsewhere.
    How many folks who like guns have gone on to commit mass shootings compared to the over all number of folks who like guns? Really really really stupid way to profile potential threats. All this will do is ostracize young folks who like guns. Its a good way to instill fear in folks towards folks who like guns. There is very little truth in it aside from more propaganda about one of most useful tools man has ever made.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    Saying that this is almost as stupid as thinking a person is going to mug you because he is black is almost as stupid as thinking a person is going to mug you because he is black.

As has already been explained to you...it's the Sudden interest that's a warning sign. If the kid that goes hunting with his dad every summer starts talking about how he got a new gun for hunting with his dad that summer...that's not a warning sign. If a kid who has never talked about guns before starts talking about how to convert an AR15 to be fully automatic...that's a warning sign.
    We're all assuming that the kid fully explains everything to people around him, which is very often not what's happening.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Ironic enough, hunting can actually be a "symptom" of it if you want to get technical.
    Umm....wat

How many folks who like guns have gone on to commit mass shootings compared to the over all number of folks who like guns? Really really really stupid way to profile potential threats. All this will do is ostracize young folks who like guns. Its a good way to instill fear in folks towards folks who like guns. There is very little truth in it aside from more propaganda about one of most useful tools man has ever made.
    Do they like guns or do they suddenly like guns? It'd be nice if you read everything.

Cuz thats what this video portrayed as a warning sign. No they started off with him reading a gun magazine please as in thats what you should be looking out for! ridicules.

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    We're all assuming that the kid fully explains everything to people around him, which is very often not what's happening.
    We're not assuming anything of the sort. It's just a potential warning sign.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Do they like guns or do they suddenly like guns? It'd be nice if you read everything.
    Yeah that is a great quantifier that means jack all of nothing.

Cuz thats what this video portrayed as a warning sign. No they started off with him reading a gun magazine please as in thats what you should be looking out for! ridicules.
    Yes, if a kid that usually reads PC Gamer all of a sudden is reading Guns and Ammo...that's a potential warning sign.

Yes, if a kid that usually reads PC Gamer all of a sudden is reading Guns and Ammo...that's a potential warning sign.
    Then my first post stands, better go lock up all the young kids who like to go hunting, make sure they are safe.

No, the lesson is to watch for a Sudden interest in guns in teenagers, and anyone else, because that is a warning sign.
    no the real lesson is if you see someone beingi bullied intervene and stop it - treat the cause not symptoms - no wonder so many shooting occur when people didnt notice the bulling scene only noticed the guns scenes.

That's not what i said. What i said is right there with what you quoted. Did i say "People who like guns" or did i say "People who have shown a SUDDEN INTEREST", i literally even bolded and italicized sudden, and you still couldn't FUCKING READ IT!
    Yeah go ahead and keep using that quantifier as if it really means anything. How you going to prove sudden interest when the kids who tend to shoot up schools are loners who have very little kinship in the school to begin with? You are talking about a perfect scenario that doesn't happen while others are already saying just reading a gun magazine or liking to hunt is are warning signs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    no the real lesson is if you see someone beingi bullied intervene and stop it - treat the cause not symptoms - no wonder so many shooting occur when people didnt notice the bulling scene only noticed the guns scenes.
    How? The US schools have this retarded system where if you retaliate or do anything to prevent it, you get punished aswell. They keep wondering why people resort to this sort of thing in the end? Because they get nothing out of it from trying to take a stance, except more punishment.