Question about Deep Dungeon Palace of the Dead

Haven't played in a few months, decided to log in during the free time and check out the Deep Dungeon. My understanding going into it, was that it was for 1-4 players and a nice alternative to fate/dungeon grinding for leveling. So far I've lost count of how many times I've failed it going solo. Is this really not meant to be done solo? I've been doing it as Dark Knight and the farthest I've managed to get was the 9th floor. (which I failed when I missed the cast from the snails that one shot you) I tried grinding out more levels, but then I realized it was timed so that's really not an option. Just wondering if it's really not solo-friendly or if perhaps DK isn't the best job to try with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Deep dungeon isn't solo friendly. It's still a party first thing and without the aether weapon/armor maxed out for the majority of soloing, it's rather slow and hard to do it.

Okay, that's kind of the impression I was getting but figured I'd ask. Thanks for the clarification.

You really have to learn your way around the floor mobs and the overall mechanics. That said, SMN or SCH are prolly the best choices for solo play. But run with groups and build your Aetherpool up, you'll want the numbers yellow for the floorset in order to really try and solo.