Deleted

Editing posts not working properly

90% of the time the buttons to save editing changes are missing. Is this a known issue, or just me?

Works for me. What browser/OS are you using?

Deleted
    Explorer. It has usually worked, but lately it has started to bug out more than ever. Refreshing the page or restarting the browser used to take care of it most of the time, but not any more, it seems.

- - - Updated - - -

And I can't edit even this post now. All other sites work fine though, it's only MMO-champ that I'm having issues with.

A screenshot would be useful

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    A screenshot would be useful
    There's really nothing special to be seen. All the buttons under the text window -- "save changes" and "cancel" and whatever there are -- are just completely missing. All of them. There's not even that white box with a cross that you get if a picture is missing from a site, and moving the cursor over their supposed loctions shows nothing either.

Deleted
    Allright, so these days I never have any of the save/cancel/go advanced buttons available when I try to edit my posts. It used to work sometimes -- like 1 out of 10 times -- but now the buttons never appear. The problem persists on all computers, in all locations, even on a brand new laptop straight from the store.

However... I made another account to test stuff out. And guess what? Everything works flawlessly. So, for one reason or another, this seems to be an account specific issue and not a technical one.

I've had clashes with a certain marxist-leninist-stalinist moderator who keeps spamming me with infractions under shabby excuses whenever I challenge his political views. Maybe that and this problem are related?

10+ Year Old Account
    Chrome also has its quirks in this regard, for example opening the "Go advanced" window results in a huge unresizeable editing area where you have to scroll right down to the buttons.

Firefox seems the only browser that's fully keeping up with html5 standards but it has stability issues in other areas like watching streams.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    Allright, so these days I never have any of the save/cancel/go advanced buttons available when I try to edit my posts. It used to work sometimes -- like 1 out of 10 times -- but now the buttons never appear. The problem persists on all computers, in all locations, even on a brand new laptop straight from the store.

However... I made another account to test stuff out. And guess what? Everything works flawlessly. So, for one reason or another, this seems to be an account specific issue and not a technical one.

I've had clashes with a certain marxist-leninist-stalinist moderator who keeps spamming me with infractions under shabby excuses whenever I challenge his political views. Maybe that and this problem are related?

I can guarantee this isn't it. I have more infractions than you can hope to + others that have more than me don't have any issues with editing post.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    Chrome also has its quirks in this regard, for example opening the "Go advanced" window results in a huge unresizeable editing area where you have to scroll right down to the buttons.

Firefox seems the only browser that's fully keeping up with html5 standards but it has stability issues in other areas like watching streams.
    Yeah. But the thing is, everything works fine on my other account I made to test it, but not on this one.

- - - Updated - - -

So it's not a browser/OS specific issue.