Horde [order hall] Champion Stacking Buffs?

Just a general question about our champions. Are the bonuses from equipment additive or multiplicative? Does anyone know how equipment interacts with their abilities?

Like say a champion has an ability that gives him a 15% bonus to missions longer than 8 hours. If I give him equipment that increases that chance by 30% and 40%, does that mean he'll have a 85% success bonus on those missions, or is the actual number going to be smaller than that?

They do stack additively like that, so yes, it would be +85% success chance on applicable missions.

It's pretty cool when you can get 200% or near it without even countering the bosses...

Nice! Now I gotta see if I want to stack matching bonuses or spread it out a little. As a hunter player, I've been trying to get all of my champions a Lucky Doodad...or better.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kabbie View Post
    Nice! Now I gotta see if I want to stack matching bonuses or spread it out a little. As a hunter player, I've been trying to get all of my champions a Lucky Doodad...or better.
    Bad move. I have great success with my upgraded troops and followers with their respective boost item. Lucky doodad will just add a 10%. The legendary (if you ever get it) a mere 20%. Go with the troop boosting items, it will pay off, ESPECIALLY on the raid missions, which start at a negative number.

My philosophy is for your dude that already has a bonus to your tier 2 troops, give him 2 items that further increase that bonus. Then throw the items on one asshole that boost success by 20% on missions over 8 hours and don't use the guy that reduces mission time and don't counter increased mission time (or at least keep it over 8 hours).

I very often get 200% success chance with just 2 champions, don't even need to send a third lol.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Bad move. I have great success with my upgraded troops and followers with their respective boost item. Lucky doodad will just add a 10%. The legendary (if you ever get it) a mere 20%. Go with the troop boosting items, it will pay off, ESPECIALLY on the raid missions, which start at a negative number.
    But they can handle two pieces of equipment, right? So I figure one troop booster and one flat bonus. So yeah, if the bonuses are additive, then it pays to have the respective boost item, but I don't think you can, or should, stack them.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kabbie View Post
    But they can handle two pieces of equipment, right? So I figure one troop booster and one flat bonus. So yeah, if the bonuses are additive, then it pays to have the respective boost item, but I don't think you can, or should, stack them.
    You cannot use the same equipment twice on a follower. However you can use, for example, the rare and epic version of the same equipment on a follower. Imagine using the 30+40% success on missions below 4h. You get a 70% success on one mission slot (out of three).

Shame we haven't had a similar to WoD thread with optimal follower configuration. The whole mission setup is easy to figure if you have all 5 followers available, however an optimization would be useful so you can queue missions with optimal setups all day.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
    My philosophy is for your dude that already has a bonus to your tier 2 troops, give him 2 items that further increase that bonus. Then throw the items on one asshole that boost success by 20% on missions over 8 hours and don't use the guy that reduces mission time and don't counter increased mission time (or at least keep it over 8 hours).

I very often get 200% success chance with just 2 champions, don't even need to send a third lol.
    I mostly do the same (despite what my example to Kabbie suggests).

The +8 hour buffs are the best ones.

The sturdy hiking boots are common as dirt and the bottomless flask is not too hard to get either. Together, they give you a +50% bonus to success chance for each champion that has both of them.

So between your 3 dudes, that is 150% from those items and +30% from the champions themselves, giving you 180% success chance PURELY from those items and nothing else. That isn't factoring in anything else you happen to counter or any other little buffs that these guys tend to have like +10-15% chance from missions with minions/hazards/whatever.

I get 200% success chance on nearly every mission by doing this because all my guys have the sturdy hiking boots + bottomless flask. I imagine with the epic or legendary variants of this equipment it would be even better, but i'm not lucky enough to ever get that. Not that I need it.

The minion buff guys for the tier 1 minions give 15% innately, so if you put on the shitty minion item with the second level minion item, you get a total bonus of +40%. With the base bonus you get from the champion (10%) and the tier 1 minion (15%) you get a total of 65% from the two slots it would take to use that champion plus the tier 1 soldier.

The champ that buffs your tier 2 soldier gives you 15% innately, 35% from the items that improve tier 2 soldier, 10% for his own success chance, 30% for the tier 2 soldiers by themselves. Totalling +90% for for this champion + tier 2 soldier combo without any counters.

So yeah, again, focusing on your T2 soldier buff dude and loading everyone else up on 8hour mission buffs will net you auto bonus success just about every time. It is exceedingly rare that I get a success chance below 195% using this setup. It's always 195 or 200.

On missions shorter than 8 hours, I use a T2 minion coupled with the champ that innately buffs T2 minions, then for the third slot I just throw the champ in there that I need to counter shit. Countering cursed being the priority because you won't get bonus loot anyway with cursed, and if there is no cursed or it's already countered throw a counter to powerful in there to jack up your success chance even higher. If you need it for the counter, you can substitute your guy that buffs t1 minions instead if he actually counters something to make it worth using him over your t2 guy.
    Last edited by Dasani; 2016-12-05 at 01:16 PM.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.