Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I think one possible reason could be a stealth fix. The Ruby itself has a text that it proccs of RANGED attacks and Spells. I think pre-nerf the procc was happening from any attack/spell, making it equal on Melee DPS as well as casters.

Since it's a caster/range trinket, I think they just hotfixed it to work as intended and due to that it feels like a huge nerf to any melee class not using spells consistently. Could be wrong, but from the text and posts, I'd say I'm pretty close atleast.

Deleted
    they should nerf it for ranges aswell. every goddamn cleave/aoe trinket for melees is bad.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I only got it when I first read it was ninja nerfed. I have noticed for ret it almost never procs compared to holy or prot. I also noticed it almost never procs on bosses. I use it on holy and just drop Consecration on trash packs and tend to get 1-2 procs dealing a few million damage. I feel this spell alone is a huge reason that it feels to never proc on ret. It's aoe that deals damage every second(faster with haste). Also rets ranged abilities are a bit more limited then holy and prot. Throwing your shield into a pack has gotten me double procs but those are extremely rare. It's hit with the aoe effect around each target hit I feel has a lot of chance to proc it compared to just judgement, Blade of Justice or Divine Storm.

So all in all I feel it's very lack luster for ret in the current state it's in. But still offers a lot of damage for our other two specs. I wonder if specing into Consecration will actually make it deal more damage but would it be worth the damage loss?

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    There is no need. Just get FCM from mythic+ and the one from the last boss is karazhan the name escapes me.

If youre lucky you can get a good stat stick from odyn aswell.
    Got lucky with Jim this week .
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Guinevere View Post
    they should nerf it for ranges aswell. every goddamn cleave/aoe trinket for melees is bad.
    I was testing one that looked pretty good on the PTR. Creates waves of rock that hit everything in a cone.

Ofc, pending simming.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Guinevere View Post
    they should nerf it for ranges aswell
    It's supposed to be a ranged trinket though, it was never intended for the likes of us hence it not even being on our loot table. This is more of a bug fix than a nerf.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no need. Just get FCM from mythic+ and the one from the last boss is karazhan the name escapes me.

If youre lucky you can get a good stat stick from odyn aswell.
    Don't forget to keep an eye out for any Swarming Plaguehive drops that your guild casters might not need or want from Nythendra in Emerald Nightmare, it's currently one of our best trinkets... It also only procs off our spells (Judge/Wake of Ashes and Divine Hammer if you happen to be spec'd for it), and is also not on Ret's loot table, but procs often. Mine usually does around 4.5% of my damage, it's a pretty beefy proc.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

primary stats trinkets are primary i rely on my strength witch is 31k ... Eye of command and Chain of valorous or any other trinkets that gives me buff to my strength ( crit or vers stats) gives u a stable Dps, not saying FCM is bad but i'm not gonna rely on my burst only

I was testing one that looked pretty good on the PTR. Creates waves of rock that hit everything in a cone.

Ofc, pending simming.
    Is it http://www.wowhead.com/item=137357/m...onus=1497:3410 you mean? Cause I have that and I simmed and tried it in dungeons, it looks cool but was extremely lackluster compared to almost any other 840/845 I had :/

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Don't forget to keep an eye out for any Swarming Plaguehive drops that your guild casters might not need or want from Nythendra in Emerald Nightmare, it's currently one of our best trinkets... It also only procs off our spells (Judge/Wake of Ashes and Divine Hammer if you happen to be spec'd for it), and is also not on Ret's loot table, but procs often. Mine usually does around 4.5% of my damage, it's a pretty beefy proc.
    And procs off GBoM (main reason why its strong) if you buffed yourself. Once PTR changes are in and we lose GBoM I assume Plaguehive will no longer be as valuable, which sucks because I don't have a strong backup trinket.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    And procs off GBoM (main reason why its strong) if you buffed yourself. Once PTR changes are in and we lose GBoM I assume Plaguehive will no longer be as valuable, which sucks because I don't have a strong backup trinket.
    I suppose we can already test right now whether or not it will proc enough without GBoM by simply running a test without GBoM... That being said, if you even have some generic stat stick trinkets like STR+Haste/crit/vers it will probly be a good alternative next patch, since all of those are getting their strength values increased, that's what my backup trinket is right now.

That being said, as I said before it also has a chance to proc off each Divine Hammer tick, and Divine Hammer is getting an extreme buff next patch, if my math is right, enough to offset the loss in HP generation and be competitive on ST... Rotation would be slower but Plaguehive would still be a good trinket...
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2016-12-15 at 05:53 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    I suppose we can already test right now whether or not it will proc enough without GBoM by simply running a test without GBoM... That being said, if you even have some generic stat stick trinkets like STR+Haste/crit/vers it will probly be a good alternative next patch, since all of those are getting their strength values increased, that's what my backup trinket is right now.

That being said, as I said before it also has a chance to proc off each Divine Hammer tick, and Divine Hammer is getting an extreme buff next patch, if my math is right, enough to offset the loss in HP generation and be competitive on ST... Rotation would be slower but Plaguehive would still be a good trinket...
    I know for a fact it won't proc enough without GBoM. Now what I did not know was that DH ticks can proc it. That's very interesting and worth me testing out. Esp. considering it's getting buffed.

Personally my trinket selection sucks nuts atm.

845 FCM, 865 EoC, 880 CS, 865 w/Socket SPH, and 875 Urn.

Do we have a consensus yet? I'm wondering whether to keep farming this for my prot pally.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    Do we have a consensus yet? I'm wondering whether to keep farming this for my prot pally.
    Aran's trinket is worthless for Ret, but if you care about Prot dps it should be a high damage trinket with Avenger's Shield, Cons and Judgment able to proc it.