Deleted

Exclamation GPU broken, need new one!

Hey,

my GPU just got shit on, so, unfortunately, I need a new one.

My System:

Win 10 - 64 Bit
    i5-4670k
    Asus Z87-A Mainboard
    600W Be Quiet! PSU
    16 GB Ram
    old GPU: MSI N770 Twin Frozr GTX 770 with 2GB

Do you guys have any recommendations for a new GPU. Prince range would be around 150-180€.

Any help is appreciated.

1050 ti , its the best you can get for your budget.

Deleted
    Is it worth the money, or should I get something better? (higher price range)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by g4rwin View Post
    Is it worth the money, or should I get something better? (higher price range)
    A gtx 1050 TI is roughly the same as a gtx 770 I'm afraid. It has more VRAM and due to driver optimizations it's gonna be a bit better in newer games, but you're not gonna notice any big differences.

I would say that it's not worth upgrading a 770 to anything less than a GTX 1060 or RX 480. Of course those require a bit higher budget although not excessively so.

If you wanna stay within your budget I'd recommend finding some second hand cards. You could get a used GTX 970 for example within that budget.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakadam View Post
    A gtx 1050 TI is roughly the same as a gtx 770 I'm afraid. It has more VRAM and due to driver optimizations it's gonna be a bit better in newer games, but you're not gonna notice any big differences.

I would say that it's not worth upgrading a 770 to anything less than a GTX 1060 or RX 480. Of course those require a bit higher budget although not excessively so.

If you wanna stay within your budget I'd recommend finding some second hand cards. You could get a used GTX 970 for example within that budget.
    His GPU is dead, it isn't an upgrade it is a replacement.

1050ti is a very good budget card for 1080P. To the OP, you'll pretty safely be able to run everything on decent settings. I'm actually using the 1050ti in a build I'm doing. I don't know the price of it in euros, but the MSI variant is 140$ from newegg right now.

Another decent option if you have the money would be a 1060 but for strictly 1080P 60hz gaming I think the 1050ti is a better bang for the buck card.
    Last edited by Mythbredor; 2016-12-05 at 03:25 AM.

Deleted
    I did some research and decided to raise my price limit to a maximum of 250€. I got two cards in my mind, and maybe you can help me decide, or find something better.

On the one side, the GTX 1060 3GB, and on the other side, the RX 470 Nitro+ 8GB.

Since I am mainly playing Blizzard games, I am not too sure about buying an AMD card, or aren't there any issues with that? But I am also not sure, if the 3GB of the nvidia card are enough, looking into the future.
    Last edited by mmoce9c2310739; 2016-12-05 at 10:08 AM.

Deleted
    I did some research and decided to raise my price limit to a maximum of 250€. I got two cards in my mind, and maybe you can help me decide, or find something better.

On the one side, the GTX 1060 3GB, and on the other side, the RX 470 Nitro+ 8GB.

Since I am mainly playing Blizzard games, I am not too sure about buying an AMD card, or aren't there any issues with that? But I am also not sure, if the 3GB of the nvidia card are enough, looking into the future.
    Personally of the 2 of those, i would go for RX 470, as it is a bit more future proof. Also as far as i am aware blizzard games are all really CPU heavy and relies less on the GPU, so being scared that AMD is not good enough because of it, seems to be to be a silly argument.

I personally have an RX 470 MSI Gaming X 8GB, and for me, the only issues i have in WoW is that my CPU is an old AMD which doesn't really agree with it, but the rest of the blizzard family runs Perfect on w/e setting, however not tried Ultra or w/e the highest setting is in HOTS.

Just my 2 cents.
    Regardless of what you get i hope that you will enjoy your new GPU.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythbredor View Post
    His GPU is dead, it isn't an upgrade it is a replacement.

1050ti is a very good budget card for 1080P. To the OP, you'll pretty safely be able to run everything on decent settings. I'm actually using the 1050ti in a build I'm doing. I don't know the price of it in euros, but the MSI variant is 140$ from newegg right now.

Another decent option if you have the money would be a 1060 but for strictly 1080P 60hz gaming I think the 1050ti is a better bang for the buck card.
    Well, OP did ask if it was worth the money or if he should get something better, which I offered my opinion on.

Regarding GTX 1060 3gb vs RX 470 8gb it's a toss-up really. They trade places depending on what game you're looking at. The 1060 is probably a little better at Blizzard games since they tend to like Nvidia more, but I'd probably still go for the 470 because it's more future proof, having much more VRAM and being generally better at DX12.

Not sure about the Nitro+ though, I've read they're quite loud. I'd look into getting a card from MSI or ASUS as they have better cooling imo.

Deleted
    So, i think i will go with an AMD card.

Got these two in my mind:

https://us.msi.com/Graphics-card/Rad...#hero-overview

or:

http://sapphirenitro.sapphiretech.com/en/470-8.html

What do you guys think?

[leaving supersampling disabled] at 1080p 3-4gb of vram is enough for next couple years, right?
    what about 1440p, is 6-8gb of vram overkill? ie, is someone with a higher end graphics card be more likely to buy a new card before that 6-8gb becomes useful?

just curious, and it seems relevant to the current choice op is facing especially, that 8gb 470 costs a fair bit more than the 4gb one!

or:

What do you guys think?
    What resolution are you playing at and what games are you playing?

Deleted
    Most of the time, I am playing WoW, Arma 3, Guild Wars 2, CS:GO and Overwatch. Playing at 1080p

Most of the time, I am playing WoW, Arma 3, Guild Wars 2, CS:GO and Overwatch. Playing at 1080p
    No question go with 1060 3gb. This is the one id grab:
    http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/W...60-gaming-x-3g

10+ Year Old Account

or:

What do you guys think?

Go for the MSI. You can read some reviews if you want but it's generally considered that MSI has the best cooling solution for AMD cards right now.

Quote Originally Posted by the boar View Post
    [leaving supersampling disabled] at 1080p 3-4gb of vram is enough for next couple years, right?
    what about 1440p, is 6-8gb of vram overkill? ie, is someone with a higher end graphics card be more likely to buy a new card before that 6-8gb becomes useful?

just curious, and it seems relevant to the current choice op is facing especially, that 8gb 470 costs a fair bit more than the 4gb one!
    At 1080p: 3GB is borderline right now, new graphically intensive games are hovering just above or just below that mark. 4GB might last a couple of years still. More than 4GB is fine, technically overkill but it doesn't hurt performance in anyway.

At 1440p: 4GB is minimum right now. 6GB will probably be fine for some years still. 8GB obviously also fine.

4K: Gonna need the latest and greatest GPU's for playable framerates and they don't come with any less than 8GB VRAM.
    Last edited by Shakadam; 2016-12-05 at 08:00 PM.

Deleted
    Yea, I guess I'll stick with the MSI, and hope I do not have any problems with AMD in WoW. Thx for the help!