Help me diagnose! (Won't post)

This is the computer that I am working on...

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($437.53 @ Amazon)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.99 @ B&H)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Pro4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($52.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Samsung 840 Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($179.89 @ OutletPC)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($49.78 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7870 XT 2GB Video Card
    Power Supply: Rosewill Green 530W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply ($125.94 @ Amazon)

The issue started when we attempted to install the unreal engine 4, it crashed while installing. I had to do a hard reboot, three times. Then it finally came back up. And everything was fine. Then my son tried to play a game, and it crash again never to return.

The problem, it won't post. Hit the power, fans spin and that is it.

I have tried testing the sticks of ram ( tried 4 different sticks to be sure) - no change.

I am leaning towards the motherboard being the issue, because there is no activity on the usb devices (Keyboard doesn't light up, no laser for my mouse)

Are there other things I can do to test the motherboard , other than putting a different cpu in it? (Don't currently have one laying around...)

Thank you for your time.

I had a similar thing happen a few years ago while playing GTAV. As it turned out, my GPU had fried itself.

Go to the electronics store and pick yourself up a cheapo GPU, and try it. At this point, you're still in the guessing phase (having only ruled out that it's not memory related), so cheap is key here. Or, if you're lucky like me and still had your old GPU around, just pop that in and see what happens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Disconnect the drive and remove the video card. See if that posts. If not, remove the battery from the motherboard and put it back in. See if that posts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasukkin View Post
    Go to the electronics store and pick yourself up a cheapo GPU, and try it.
    Or just connect the monitor to the motherboard and use the iGPU...

Quote Originally Posted by DarkXale View Post
    Or just connect the monitor to the motherboard and use the iGPU...
    Ah yes, I forgot that this is often an option with many newer motherboards. My old Sabertooth X58 didn't have that capability. But yes, if your motherboard supports on-board, integrated video output (which yours does), that's an even better option. You still need to remove your GPU first.

did you try turning it off and on again?
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano