Deleted

Elemental . Valid spec for mythic raiding and mythic + dungeons?

Hello

I am currently resto druid 880/885 ilvl 4/7 mythic and ive done more than 200 mythic + and hit 35 in my weapon. I love doing mythic + like 8-12 all the time outside of raiding. I just simply love pve. But now I want to play an alt. For what it feels like is that the only few classes i enjoy outside of healing sucks.... I want to try Elemental Shaman. I like the spells, the effects and sound. But who the heck plays elemental these days hello? or am i wrong because i cant recall any time ive seen ele inside my mythic +.
    what are the other classes i enjoy... hmmm.... ye wlocks but they are out of the questions because they sucks too. You have to level like all 3 weapons and i cba doing that and they have 0 mobility.

i dont even know, man. blizzard really sucks creating dps classes. ive played this game since 09 and all classes ive enjoyed, ret paladin, hunters, rogues they all just sucks or are plain retarded easy rotation.

i am down. i wanna cry. please help me. i want to play ele :/ or at least try but at the same time be competitive

If you are good at the game, you will be desired regardless of what class or spec you play.

Play whatever you want, man.

Elemental is very fun and has great utility and damage for mythic+, it's one of the best specs in the game when it comes to heavy aoe (5+ targets). If you get lucky with your legendaries, nothing will stop on mythic+, excluding single target damage of course. Single target is extremely underwhelming right now, no matter what you do and how good you are, especially if you find yourself with fire elemental on cooldown on mythic+ bosses. I'd say that it is viable for mythic raiding, but it's certainly a bit below average comparing to all the other classes. It's a lot of fun though, and this is coming from someone that also plays enhancement - one of the most fun specs in the game, without a doubt.

The good thing is, as of right now, elemental received a tremendous buff on ptr, with potential to do around 25% more single target damage than on live, and they didn't even fix the primary stat yet, after the nerf on secondary stats. Even our aoe received a slight buff. Things might change a little bit, but I'm confident that elemental is going to be one of the top specs on 7.1.5, on both mythic raiding and mythic+. So if you find it fun to play with, go for it.

Deleted
    Sweet. you both made my day. I'll just shoot with it and hope it get some love .

Quote Originally Posted by Iamcute View Post
    Sweet. you both made my day. I'll just shoot with it and hope it get some love .
    im playing my Elemental shaman and I am nonstop in top 3 dmg done on most fights in raids. granted we are only 1 down in mythic EN - but cleared rest HC.

I LOVE my Ele shaman so damn much, I know we are on the weaker side but who cares. its just more of a challenge and its oh so satisfying for me to get an overload chain lightning proc - "Join the dark siiiiide".

you wont regret going Elemental imo, I know I didnt ^^

Elemental shaman damage is dependent on procs at the right time.

Lightning Bold and Chain Lightning damage is boosted (3x) while the artifact ability is active (Stormkeeper). You ofc get to do that once per minute. During the buff active time, you have 3 shots x 3 multiplied damage. If all 3 hits crit, you are golden. It is even better if overload procs for all these crits. If you have PotM up (you could try to time SK over a PotM proc), you become a damage god. Put some Lighning Rod procs in there and you dominate the party!

But if none of this happen, you hit like a dry towel. Mobs start laughing.

Mythic+ is good for elemental. Even bosses are fine if you don't get the affix which increases their HP by a lot. With fire elemental up and all CD's blown, you do have a nice burst, since fights dont take as long as raid boss fights.

I don't agree with what anyone here have said yet
    Elemental is bad right now and if u have other classes in your raid that cant beat ele shaman on dps It means they are very bad players
    Raids I'm in the eles are always around the bottom

The main problems are that all the good single dmg we have comes from a 5min cd and that the range of CL is too small
    If u apply this to legion content it looks something like this...

In raids we are currently only viable if it's a very aoe cleave heavy fight where we can use chain lightning as our filler instead of light bolt
    And currently it's only on dragons in EN but even there u gotta be a dps whore to make it to the top
    Helya in tov had a chance to be a good ele fight but CL range problems drags us down since it's not possible to CL the blobs that spawn in a efficient way while fire mage and mm hunter can just go nuts

In m+ dungeons we are currently viable up to lvl 10, if u have tyrannical as third affix then there is no reason to even try anything higher but if it's fortified then you can aim higher

I think ele is a upcoming spec, we've had some changes on the current ptr but it still isn't enough to make us top, as long as 5min cd affects our dmg this much we are gonna be behind on single target

If u aim to play it OP be ready for a up hill battle

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
    I don't agree with what anyone here have said yet
    Elemental is bad right now and if u have other classes in your raid that cant beat ele shaman on dps It means they are very bad players
    Raids I'm in the eles are always around the bottom
    Come on, we're not nearly as bad as you say we are. Especially not in M+, where we are basically top-tier from a combination of our damage and our utility (even with tyrannical, trash is a huge chunk of the dungeon, and it isn't like we don't do any boss damage).

Yes, we are at the low end, but considering progression is already over at the high end, your spec matters significantly less than your skill/enjoyment. Not to mention, 7.1.5 is coming out extremely soon, so why not play something while looking forward to the buffs?

For reference: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...ter/923207/10/ is my character. My group isn't bad, but we aren't anywhere close to a world first guild, and I compete just fine.

Enhancement certainly seems a lot easier to master.... I can pull pretty viable DPS in my enhance offspec (with only 2 golden traits), I tried to put together a good elemental set, and it ... wasn't even emotely good. Been awhile since I played a ranged DPS though.

Quote Originally Posted by freddy090909 View Post
    Come on, we're not nearly as bad as you say we are. Especially not in M+, where we are basically top-tier from a combination of our damage and our utility (even with tyrannical, trash is a huge chunk of the dungeon, and it isn't like we don't do any boss damage).

Yes, we are at the low end, but considering progression is already over at the high end, your spec matters significantly less than your skill/enjoyment. Not to mention, 7.1.5 is coming out extremely soon, so why not play something while looking forward to the buffs?

For reference: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...ter/923207/10/ is my character. My group isn't bad, but we aren't anywhere close to a world first guild, and I compete just fine.
    Agreed. Some people just like to complain. Even if we were the fotm, we'd have complainers.

We're one of the best M+ dps right now with our aoe dps and the earthquake knockback. Also, pretty sure "In m+ dungeons we are currently viable up to lvl 10, if u have tyrannical as third affix then there is no reason to even try anything higher but if it's fortified then you can aim higher" just proves that he's never actually done anything beyond 10. Trash is easily the hardest part of mythic 10 and above, and our earthquakes make a huge difference to keeping the tank alive and keeping things stacked up longer. And let me just break down that argument about tyrannical and fortified for you... if you're killing the trash much faster with ele shaman aoe, that saves a lot more time than taking some other dps that's stronger at ST damage because of the sheer amount of time we spend on trash compared to bosses in a mythic+. After an entire dungeon, ele aoe is a net gain even if its ST dps isn't as amazing.

In raids, yeah, we're not the best, but we're still not the worst. We're middle of the pack rdps right now. That'll change in the new patch though.

Quote Originally Posted by freddy090909 View Post
    from looking at ure guild logs I would say that ye, u have bad players in your raid
    Your obviously performing very well which makes the others lack of skill to not be able to beat you

WW monk, SP, the hunters, mages and specially the enhance shaman should all beat you on single target focused fights

I'm also curious how good the legend ring is?

- - - Updated - - -

U done lvl 15 tyrannical as ele shaman kargos?

U done lvl 15 tyrannical as ele shaman kargos?
    /golfclap

Good job, you used a logical fallacy to distract from the point I made about aoe vs. single target dps because you don't have a good rebuttal. Is tyrannical hard? Sure. Is fortified also hard? Sure. Which is worse and will likely cause more wipes and use up more time? It's definitely fortified (depending on the dungeon, some more so and some less). It's those trash packs that cause most of the problems and use up most of the time in a mythic+, so going back to what I said in the first place, ele dps is perfect for those trash packs, saving time and keeping the tank steadier.

Even though tyrannical gives more damage and health to the boss, I've never wiped on a mythic+ boss fight before unless the healer or tank was awful. It's the trash pulls that take time, and let's be honest, if we're really pushing timers, you're going to want to pull multiple trash packs at a time depending on the mobs, and the longer you let those trash mobs live, the more likely they'll kill someone or wipe the group. That's exactly why elemental is great for mythic+: earthquake knockdownand great aoe damage.

On a side note, that fire elemental is usually up for a greater percentage of the boss fights, making our single target damage on bosses much better in mythic+ than in raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Kargos View Post
    Even though tyrannical gives more damage and health to the boss, I've never wiped on a mythic+ boss fight before unless the healer or tank was awful.
    You will most certainly wipe on a few tyrannical boss(es) if your Dps sucks.

Some Bosses will just kill you if the fight drags on too long.

Fortified is overall the more difficult affix, but Tyrannical is the ultimate killer in certain instances, like Darkheart Thicket.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    You will most certainly wipe on a few tyrannical boss(es) if your Dps sucks.

Some Bosses will just kill you if the fight drags on too long.

Fortified is overall the more difficult affix, but Tyrannical is the ultimate killer in certain instances, like Darkheart Thicket.
    Again... Never said tyrannical bosses aren't hard, but "if your Dps sucks," then you'll have just as hard of a time on the trash. As you said, fortified is the overall harder affix, and ele excels at dealing with it. Ele may not be great at ST, but also don't fall into thinking that it's nonexistent; especially with the way fire elemental works and how short dungeon boss fights are compared to raid bosses, it's still middle of the pack for ST.

And again... All I'm saying is that if you have to choose between only doing ST or only doing AOE really well... AOE is the way to go for mythic+, just as it has always been the way for challenge mode dungeons in expansions past, and ele shaman currently is one of the best at dealing with aoe trash packs.

I've never been in a run that have trash problems, even on 10 or higher fortified isn't any problem if u have a solid aoe team with stuns which a lot of classes can do

The only roadblock trash I've came across yet while fortified have been up are the 2 giants before 4th boss in eye of aszhara
    And what do u need to get past this? Good single target dmg to nuke the fury caster one down

So if u pop fire elemental on them as ele sham u won't have it ready for boss while other classes will burst u down on dmg on those giants and then do double your dmg on the boss just after because they don't rely on a 5min cd so much

I've never been in a run that have trash problems, even on 10 or higher fortified isn't any problem if u have a solid aoe team with stuns which a lot of classes can do

The only roadblock trash I've came across yet while fortified have been up are the 2 giants before 4th boss in eye of aszhara
    And what do u need to get past this? Good single target dmg to nuke the fury caster one down

So if u pop fire elemental on them as ele sham u won't have it ready for boss while other classes will burst u down on dmg on those giants and then do double your dmg on the boss just after because they don't rely on a 5min cd so much
    All I've been saying is that ele shaman is good for mythic+, and having "a solid aoe team with stuns" is pretty much ele shaman's bread and butter. Our aoe is even better than everyone else's too in that it has built-in stun. And that pair in eye is awful no matter what you do, but one pack is the exception, not the rule. What you said earlier about not being able to do more than 10 is just wrong.

Again... Never said tyrannical bosses aren't hard, but "if your Dps sucks," then you'll have just as hard of a time on the trash. As you said, fortified is the overall harder affix, and ele excels at dealing with it.
    The bitch about the Tyrannical affix is that a Boss becomes you win or lose thing, you can cheat around difficult trash packs with Hard CC (as long as Bolstering is not active), against a boss you have to kill him or he kills you, which very often results in a depleted keystone.

Ele may not be great at ST, but also don't fall into thinking that it's nonexistent; especially with the way fire elemental works and how short dungeon boss fights are compared to raid bosses, it's still middle of the pack for ST.
    Boss fights with tyrannical usually last around 3 minutes, FE won't carry you there.

All I've been saying is that ele shaman is good for mythic+, and having "a solid aoe team with stuns" is pretty much ele shaman's bread and butter. Our aoe is even better than everyone else's too in that it has built-in stun. And that pair in eye is awful no matter what you do, but one pack is the exception, not the rule. What you said earlier about not being able to do more than 10 is just wrong.
    Well if u name fortified roadblocks I can only name 1 but if u name tyrannical roadblocks there a few more imo
    Remember that u can cc trash but u can't cc bosses but then again I'm not talking about 3 chesting lvl 15 stones, more about just making it on time
    A lot of single target focused dps classes have made it easily like this

I play elemental btw

You both are right in your own ways. Yes with high lvl tyrannical keys, if you are looking to make it past those bosses which are major road blocks, dont bring an ele shaman. Kargos is right in that with our dmg and utility makeup, trash is where you are going to make up most of your time and the majority of mistakes come in to play. Spoonman is arguing such a small portion of actual runs while Kargos is arguing for the vast majority of them. Yes high lvl tyrannical. So 3-5 bosses, only 1 is probably actually bad for ele. While kargos, any key of any level, the entire dungeons, not just boss, makes a better argument.

Quote Originally Posted by AsapShocky View Post
    You both are right in your own ways. Yes with high lvl tyrannical keys, if you are looking to make it past those bosses which are major road blocks, dont bring an ele shaman. Kargos is right in that with our dmg and utility makeup, trash is where you are going to make up most of your time and the majority of mistakes come in to play. Spoonman is arguing such a small portion of actual runs while Kargos is arguing for the vast majority of them. Yes high lvl tyrannical. So 3-5 bosses, only 1 is probably actually bad for ele. While kargos, any key of any level, the entire dungeons, not just boss, makes a better argument.
    Exactly!