Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinningMan View Post
    You... You don't understand that? It's pretty damned clear what he meant.

The Obamas and the Trumps probably don't want to live in the same house.
    Except it isn't go read it again. I could make tons of assumptions on the broken sentence. Again thanks but try. See?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Exactly the point, they however require the same security.
    So the "First Family" should at all times be together? I mean the Obama girls should never leave Barack's side? This is ridiculous.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly the point, they however require the same security.
    I'm not disagreeing that it is a lot of money to spend I just don't see the problem. His family will be afforded protection anywhere. Just like every president elect beforehand because they couldn't occupy the White House until they were swore in.

Even though I consider myself conservative I wouldn't be complaining if this was Hillary. What else are they supposed to do?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan2k10 View Post
    So the "First Family" should at all times be together? I mean the Obama girls should never leave Barack's side? This is ridiculous.
    You don´t see a difference in protecting one house or two houses in two different cities?

Please don´t work at security, i mean at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

You don´t see a difference in protecting one house or two houses in two different cities?

I see everything clearly. It is just a non-issue.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Of course there is a difference. But they are necessary differences and the costs in protecting Trump and Obama at the same time is going to be spent. The cost of protecting the President does not end when he leaves office even. They have life time secret service protection 24 hrs a day.

The one which really annoys me is the cost the tax payers had to pay for Obama to campaign for Hillary. Totally should not be allowed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Of course there is a difference. But they are necessary differences and the costs in protecting Trump and Obama at the same time is going to be spent. The cost of protecting the President does not end when he leaves office even. They have life time secret service protection 24 hrs a day.

The one which really annoys me is the cost the tax payers had to pay for Obama to campaign for Hillary. Totally should not be allowed.
    Except they aren´t. o_O
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Except they aren´t. o_O
    Except they are. Both in terms to the degree of protection, how it is done and more than likely the costs involved.

Quote Originally Posted by MysticSnow View Post
    Old news, but I didn't see it here so... Anyway this is bullshit, Trump and his family should have known that the presidency would change their life's and now NY tax payer will be forced to pay for his child sensbilities. And no Obama did not do the same.

Protecting Donald Trump costs New York City more than $1 million a day

Protecting President-elect Donald Trump and his family is costing New York City more than $1 million a day, according to three city officials.

And those costs won't necessarily drop significantly once he moves to the White House.

That's because Melania Trump and their 10-year old son Barron expect to stay at their home at Trump Tower in midtown Manhattan, at least until the end of the school year. And Donald Trump has indicated he plans to return home regularly, especially while they're still here.

Adding to the expense is the cost of police assigned to Trump's adult children and his grandchildren, who are also receiving Secret Service protection, John Miller, NYPD's deputy commissioner of intelligence & counterterrorism, told WCBS Monday. All of them live in the city, and all are entitled to receive Secret Service protection.

"The number one imperative here is safety and security. We owe that to the president elect, his family and his team," said New York Mayor Bill de Blasio at a press conference on Friday. But he added the city will need help with those costs, particularly police overtime.

"This is a very substantial undertaking. It will take substantial resources," he said. "We will begin the conversation with the federal government shortly on reimbursement for the NYPD for some of the costs that we are incurring."

While primary responsibility for the protection of the president, or president-elect, rests with the Secret Service, local law enforcement is charged with assisting them, particularly in controlling movements of the general public.

Every president is required to have local law enforcement protection when they return home during their terms. But protecting Trump in New York City is particularly costly, given that he lives in the most densely-populated neighborhood of the nation's biggest city.

"We have never had a situation where a POTUS (president of the United States) would be here on such a regular basis," said de Blasio. "The details of his future plans are unknown, but we certainly know over these next 65 days [until the inauguration] he will be here regularly. The NYPD is up to the challenge and the city of New York is up to the challenge, I have no doubt about that."

The city has sought and received reimbursement for protecting world leaders in the past, such as when heads of state visit the United Nations, de Blasio said. City records show it received $26 million in reimbursements for such expenses in the 12 months ending June 30, or about $500,000 a week. But the fact that the city will need to protect Trump on an ongoing basis is unprecedented, de Blasio said.

"This makes [previous protection efforts] look quite small obviously," he said. "We'll have to establish a new set of ground rules."

The police have set up barricades around Trump Tower at 56th Street and 5th Avenue, smack in the middle of the city. While a block of 56th street has basically been closed to traffic, 5th Avenue remains open, although the traffic flow on that major thoroughfare has been affected.
    And as Trump moves through the city, police need to close streets accordingly. For example, the Lincoln Tunnel was closed to traffic on Friday afternoon during rush hour when Trump traveled to New Jersey.
    yeah but he does not take his 400k salary.....lol ( that is what trump voters would say).....

Its funny to see, that mr i am going to drain the swamp etc is filling the swamp with some much shit.

Its insane so in 4 years 1,4 billion dollars....holy shit....

Old news, but I didn't see it here so... Anyway this is bullshit, Trump and his family should have known that the presidency would change their life's and now NY tax payer will be forced to pay for his child sensbilities. And no Obama did not do the same.

Protecting President-elect Donald Trump and his family is costing New York City more than $1 million a day, according to three city officials.

And those costs won't necessarily drop significantly once he moves to the White House.

That's because Melania Trump and their 10-year old son Barron expect to stay at their home at Trump Tower in midtown Manhattan, at least until the end of the school year. And Donald Trump has indicated he plans to return home regularly, especially while they're still here.

Adding to the expense is the cost of police assigned to Trump's adult children and his grandchildren, who are also receiving Secret Service protection, John Miller, NYPD's deputy commissioner of intelligence & counterterrorism, told WCBS Monday. All of them live in the city, and all are entitled to receive Secret Service protection.

"The number one imperative here is safety and security. We owe that to the president elect, his family and his team," said New York Mayor Bill de Blasio at a press conference on Friday. But he added the city will need help with those costs, particularly police overtime.

"This is a very substantial undertaking. It will take substantial resources," he said. "We will begin the conversation with the federal government shortly on reimbursement for the NYPD for some of the costs that we are incurring."

While primary responsibility for the protection of the president, or president-elect, rests with the Secret Service, local law enforcement is charged with assisting them, particularly in controlling movements of the general public.

Every president is required to have local law enforcement protection when they return home during their terms. But protecting Trump in New York City is particularly costly, given that he lives in the most densely-populated neighborhood of the nation's biggest city.

"We have never had a situation where a POTUS (president of the United States) would be here on such a regular basis," said de Blasio. "The details of his future plans are unknown, but we certainly know over these next 65 days [until the inauguration] he will be here regularly. The NYPD is up to the challenge and the city of New York is up to the challenge, I have no doubt about that."

The city has sought and received reimbursement for protecting world leaders in the past, such as when heads of state visit the United Nations, de Blasio said. City records show it received $26 million in reimbursements for such expenses in the 12 months ending June 30, or about $500,000 a week. But the fact that the city will need to protect Trump on an ongoing basis is unprecedented, de Blasio said.

"This makes [previous protection efforts] look quite small obviously," he said. "We'll have to establish a new set of ground rules."

The police have set up barricades around Trump Tower at 56th Street and 5th Avenue, smack in the middle of the city. While a block of 56th street has basically been closed to traffic, 5th Avenue remains open, although the traffic flow on that major thoroughfare has been affected.
    And as Trump moves through the city, police need to close streets accordingly. For example, the Lincoln Tunnel was closed to traffic on Friday afternoon during rush hour when Trump traveled to New Jersey.
    I guess my first logical question is, why is the secret service not handling all security personnel needs?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Demona3 View Post
    I like how people rant about how it costs taxpayers 1 million per day for Trump - Obviously he's going to have protection until he becomes president. So did every president before him that had protection before they took office.

Lets think about this:

How many projects does the government have that costs the taxpayers millions - that is not even fucking concerning to us? I invite you to read Senator James Lankford's report. His report is a FREE DOWNLOAD.

For example: NIH did a study of about $2 million to see how children perceive food including testing to see when if food is sneezed on…if five-year-olds will still eat the food.

Tax dollars are being used to find out the effect of climate change on Chinese Pandas.....why? Who the fuck cares. WHY, this is China's shit, why are we WASTING American taxpayer money on fucking pandas that are NOT even native to our country?

So when someone sits here and bitches about how taxpayers are being forced to provide protection to the next sitting president, I laugh.

Oh and edited, because this one is a big one imo, can be found on the report as well:

Did you know that America's security and nuke programs are still currently on ...wait for it... FLOPPY DISKS!? lol The government still actually spends money on this shit to maintain it! Lets not upgrade our equipment at all, or hell, even place the program on a $10 thumb drive. No, lets keep the floppy disks. Google it. Here, I did it for you - and mind you, one of the sites that actually reported on it was CNN!

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-w...s-floppy-disks
    I was agreeing with yu but then u went over the line n criticized PANDAS!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Except they are. Both in terms to the degree of protection, how it is done and more than likely the costs involved.
    No they aren´t, the trump family doesn´t need to stay at two places.

Quote Originally Posted by Warhoof View Post
    I was agreeing with yu but then u went over the line n criticized PANDAS!
    I'm so sorry! lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by siegfrid View Post
    Here's a hint:
    "I moved on her like a bitch." - Donald J. Trump, in his 50s, bragging about sexually assaulting a married woman when he couldn't find a little girl.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    And finally as it has been explained to you a trillion +1 times, he intends to use both the White House and his New York residence. He is essentially acting like a ruler and not like an elected official.

Republitards have been coming up with Faux bitching sessions every single fucking time Obama went on holidays or made diplomatic trips about the costs involved, but if Trump just spends a million of New York's money on a whim, every fucking day, that's A-OK!
    Did you know that FDR had his own private platform constructed under Grand Central Station in New York? Did you know they had to build a massive elevator as well to accommodate his specially designed presidential limousine, so that it could be unloaded underground from his presidential train and lifted to the streets above. Imagine how much something like that would cost today.

This is not unprecedented.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

No they aren´t, the trump family doesn´t need to stay at two places.
    Every PotUS has had a vacation home.

What you people probably don't even grasp is that ALL of the candidates during the election and their children had secret service security. You are letting your hatred blind you.
    Even past PotUS and their families will continue to have SS protection for life. It is part of the package.

It's easy to see why it was a piece of cake to sell snake oil to these people.

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    This is not unprecedented.
    Just because something isn't unprecedented it doesn't make it right.

Deleted

Good news indeed!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post

What you people probably don't even grasp is that ALL of the candidates during the election and their children had secret service security. You are letting your hatred blind you.
    Even past PotUS and their families will continue to have SS protection for life. It is part of the package.
    Not spread out over two locations.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post

There´s a difference between having a vacation home and having to protect two homes at all times.