Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by donmargarito View Post
    it´s actually realistic due to the fact you are using arcane shot, it takes maybe 10 seconds to get all the charges. LaL gives u a proc that can maybe give u 1 more aimed in a vulnerable window and a lot of times you will cap focus because of that.... imo true aim is better right now
    In a purely singletarget scenario, possibly, I guess. Anything that's AOE or target switching reliant (which is all fights but Guarm right now), I'd stick with lock and load. Remember if you're using trick shot over sidewinders, your focus gains really aren't that big; Overcapping with aimed shot due to LnL shouldn't be a huge concern when you're getting focus in drops of 5-10 rather than loads of 55.

Haha they nerfed some things in Survival, that's hilarious.

I was excited for the waylay 200% inc damage on explosive trap, but that's gone. snake hunter nerfed. butchery buffed (still shit) serpent sting buffed (still shit).

Deleted
    with arcane shot you have enough mobility, right now imo, nythendra elerethe ursoc cenarius xavius true aim would be better, ilginoth LaL would be better I think.

It´s easy to stack

with arcane shot you have enough mobility, right now imo, nythendra elerethe ursoc cenarius xavius true aim would be better, ilginoth LaL would be better I think.

It´s easy to stack
    Not sure if serious. If your guild lets you tunnel the boss on Cenarius/Xavius rather than hit priority targets as-is needed, I'm not sure why they're letting you play a hunter and not something that CAN'T switch targets at the drop of a hat, like a feral druid or some shit.
    Do you mean heroic?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Not sure if serious. If your guild lets you tunnel the boss on Cenarius/Xavius rather than hit priority targets as-is needed, I'm not sure why they're letting you play a hunter and not something that CAN'T switch targets at the drop of a hat, like a feral druid or some shit.
    Do you mean heroic?
    you should read before posting, I am talking about 7.1.5 where the use of arcane shot lets you stack true aim faster than now

you should read before posting, I am talking about 7.1.5 where the use of arcane shot lets you stack true aim faster than now
    I'm 100% aware of what you ment. What I said still stands. It still takes far too long to build up stacks on relatively quickly-dying adds, compared to the burst of instant lock and load aimed shots. You used EN encounters as an example, and on both those fights I mentioned, adds will die long before you get to any meaningful stacks of true aim.

Deleted
    I'm 100% aware of what you ment. What I said still stands. It still takes far too long to build up stacks on relatively quickly-dying adds, compared to the burst of instant lock and load aimed shots. You used EN encounters as an example, and on both those fights I mentioned, adds will die long before you get to any meaningful stacks of true aim.
    On the other hand, if you are using arcane shot and not SW... how good can LnL possibly be for target switches. The first hit might be free, but after that, you need to apply MS first. And tbh, it's not reliable either. What kind of guarantee do you have that you can actually use LnL for something like that.

I really wonder if LnL in 7.1.5 is even as strong as it is right now. Considering that it's easier to squeeze in 3 AiS now, even without the instant cast... and if you want to cast 3/Vulnerable, the last 2 AiS are more "important". Depending on when you get that proc (somewhere in the middle of a cast for example) you might not even gain something.

Meh... whenever I think about LnL, I just think about how useless/unrealiable it is... never understood why it is so strong.. even for ST, it always seemed to be so surreal - but I'm not going to argue against the numbers that people crunched if I didn't crunch them myself .
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-12-07 at 01:55 PM.

Deleted
    LnL is rng, you can´t choose when to proc so the burst you´re talking about is not real.

True aim gives you aoe dmg thanks to trick shot for example but anyway we can´t know until 7.1.5 comes so be polite because maybe you are wrong (or maybe me) and you will have to say sorry

LnL is rng, you can´t choose when to proc so the burst you´re talking about is not real.

True aim gives you aoe dmg thanks to trick shot for example but anyway we can´t know until 7.1.5 comes so be polite because maybe you are wrong (or maybe me) and you will have to say sorry
    Saying that just because you can't control a proc it doesn't allow for burst is asinine. Ever heard of saving up procs for a specific burn target?

As for saying sorry, I don't have to say sorry for stating something that's *currently* a fact. Speculation is fine, but you're just as guilty of pushing your own belief as fact.

Deleted
    I've yet to see an encounter where the ~1s gain on a priority target from saving LnL would actually outshine the downsides that come along with it.

It's not like LnL is a proc you want to safe unless it lines up really well. You are wasting so much by doing that... at worst the proc itself.

First of all, I'd have to apply Vulnerable on that target.. with a spell that currently generates 55 focus. Chances are you are wasting a lot of focus for that. For a target that'll most likely survive long enough for a few Vulnerable windows.

I mean, we aren't talking about Trueshot here, we are talking about the only Focus Spender we have.. that also deals 50% of our overall damage.
    If you use Windburst for that target first, you won't even gain much of an burst from LnL, because you have to wait anyway. 7.1.5 might change that due to how AiS works on new targets though (which is pretty cool).
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-12-07 at 02:50 PM.

Deleted
    In mythic + with NH trinket and set bonus. Trueshot burst will be almost on every pack. Dont think combo of Trick shot and True aim is best for M+ considering after trueshot pack will be mostly dead and u cant even stack True aim.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    On the other hand, if you are using arcane shot and not SW... how good can LnL possibly be for target switches. The first hit might be free, but after that, you need to apply MS first. And tbh, it's not reliable either. What kind of guarantee do you have that you can actually use LnL for something like that.

I really wonder if LnL in 7.1.5 is even as strong as it is right now. Considering that it's easier to squeeze in 3 AiS now, even without the instant cast... and if you want to cast 3/Vulnerable, the last 2 AiS are more "important". Depending on when you get that proc (somewhere in the middle of a cast for example) you might not even gain something.
    if you get it in the middle of the cast, that pretty much the dream scenario, you get enough time to react and maybe delay LnL charge by half a second, if it means extra stack on vulnerable etc, imagine you are already in the middle of the last aimed during vulnerable and aim for the highest damage, when you get the proc, you immediately fire a second aimed for the max bonus, thats some good shit, not reliable, but certainly good and if you dont get it at the right moment and basically delay both charges because you couldnt squeeze an extra one into vulnerable anyway? then after the second LnL, you go into immediate marked shot (assuming you play with SW) or windburst into next vulnerable window with pretty much full focus to get another 3 easy aimeds

But I dont see non-sw builds to have enough focus to do 3 aimed windows consistently, nothing changed regarding arcane focus regen and we certainly dont have enough focus on live and thats with larger focus pool, I cant imagine on top of that not taking LnL and rely on fully ST talent, that takes time to stack

frankly, I think both SW and LnL are way too much of a convenience (especially SW with target switching) for the other talents to be viable with the current numbers

I have tested this build as well. In my opinion, anything that is non-sidewinders is far more enjoyable for me as it has a more dynamic rotation, and I feel more in control of my focus and I tend to focus-cap a lot less. The only issue though with True Aim is that although there is a great benefit to it on single-target fights such as Nythendra, Ursoc (even Mythic if you don't switch off), and Guarm is that having such a huge majority of your damage coming from Aimed Shot (roughly 40-55%) means that if the fight requires you to move around a lot (and pretty much all of these single-target fights demand it) then your damage suffers.

Yes the damage is great for stand-still, but once you have to move, it suffers. Arcane Shot spam does not compensate for this, and we no longer have the benefit of Lock & Load. The only saving grace would be if we could move and cast Aimed Shot. I wish they made this either baseline, or a talent. The mere fact that they made it a legendary item (same with the BM legendary granting Dire Beast 2 charges) is a huge insult to the Hunter community.

Beast Master has yet to have been addressed, and frankly never will. And Blizzard is still trying to rationalize/justify their decision on making Survival a melee spec by tinkering with it every chance they get. The new changes to Survival do seem promising, but purely from a PvP standpoint.

Basically the boots is going to be as required as the emerald dreamcatcher and all.

I'd rather blizzard just send every marks hunter a pair of boots rather than nerf it.

Quote Originally Posted by andreasels View Post
    Should be fixed, since it doesn't deal 100% increased dmg if out of combat anymore, but 100% increased damage against targets you didn't damage yet instead.
    Hm. Does this mean that Shadowmeld and Feign Death will become standard CDs in our rotation? I assume that dropping out of combat resets this 100% buff, even if it's only for a slight moment. Feral druids have something similar where they can use shadowmeld to buff their rake

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nize View Post
    Hm. Does this mean that Shadowmeld and Feign Death will become standard CDs in our rotation? I assume that dropping out of combat resets this 100% buff, even if it's only for a slight moment. Feral druids have something similar where they can use shadowmeld to buff their rake
    But you aren't really out of combat if you do that on bossfights.
    Otherwise you could drink as many potions as the CD would allow you to.
    Might work on trashpacks between bosses... not sure.

Deleted
    I´ve made new tests.

- Single target, arcane shot build, same items than my character on 7.1, no food, no flask, no bl, no bullseye: 415k dps but with 200 ping (ptr server...) that´s a big handicap because it´s harder to time the vulnerable windows for 2 aimeds and I waste a lot of focus, I think that with a normal ping I could get 20k more. Right now I do 350k on ST on 7.1 on dummy so that´s an improve close to 100k dps, we will see what happens.

you tube.com/watch?v=zLeH5nVt9m4

-Single target, arcane shot build, 4 pieces from Nighthold, legendary boots, legendary gloves (bugged, they proc only during True Shot), trinket from Nighthold -CD True shot, no food, no flask , no bl, no bullseye. I have made this test to see the nerf to the bonus from Nighthold and the nerf to the legendary gloves and boots. Before I could achieve 600k dps now onlye 5XXk, anyway it´s good imo.

you tube.com/watch?v=tsKP-juxG6c

In the immortal words of Bruce Lee "Target Dummies Do Not Hit Back". Nor do your feet have to move due to raid mechanics. I was hopeful that you were going to showoff MM DPS in a raid setting. Even better would be MM vs. BM comparison in a raid setting.

Hopes smashed on the rocks.

Im just pissed off that I don't have the boots and my 5th legendary is probably eons away. I feel like they are going to be on the balance druid/unholy level of making the spec once the new patch comes in.

Deleted
    I hope you dont use simulationcraft or any guide where they sim different gears and talents