+10 Nelth's Lair this week

Anyone here managed a +10 or higher nelths lair this week? I just tried to heal one and found it utterly impossible to keep people alive, while the +10 VotW I did 2 days ago wasn't an issue.
    It seems like the combination of teeming + fortified is making the pelters incredibly hard to deal with - some packs have 4 or more, so even with CC (hex and dominate mind) we couldn't get them all. Add on a little bit of random skittish damage and I have people going from 100% to 30% in 1 hit from the pelters jagged disk, and then comes avalanche or random agro at the same time and they're dead before my gcd has finished.
    On some of the pulls I was doing 430k+ hps for over a minute straight, my shadowmend crits are hitting for over 1mil (averaging over 600k) and I still couldn't stop people from getting globaled by the pelters+avalanche/skittish. I hardly had a spare GCD to dot or even cast penance

We gave up shortly after the 2nd boss, when everyone's armour was broken and we only had 13 mins left. It seemed to be partially because the dps weren't strong enough (I didn't see anyone regularly over 400k on trash, and they were often around 250-300k) and I don't think the CC was great either, but even still I felt like it was my fault for not keeping people alive. So has anyone here managed it this week?
    Disc Priests: Just 2 mana trinkets away from becoming Withered

There is no reason for anyone to get hit by avalanche. If they do, it's their fault they are dead. You can just move a bit as the cast completes, or even better, get a Weak Aura that tells you when to move.

Nelt with fortified can be a bit rough, but it is completely doable with 870+. The worst part is the scorpions before last boss.
    You say people are doing 250k dps on trash. That is what you do with 820 ilvl, so no wonder it gets difficult. On teeming fortified you should use CDs on trash mainly.

I did a 12, would have beat the timer but tank accidentally aoe gripped 2 things we cc'd and had 6 deaths from that, and 6 deaths from skittish on the 1 melee dps. Took it slow after the big wipe ccing a bunch of stuff. Hex on the adds with scorpions at the end, made sure we had at least 1 healing cd for each scorpion. The only person that died really was the dh melee, even if 2-3 people are hit by each avalanche it wasn't killing anyone.
    Last edited by kopy; 2016-12-05 at 09:31 AM.

I'm kind of relieved that apparently I wasn't the only one having problems with that combination. We had this combination on EU 2 weeks ago (if memory serves correctly) and while my disc priest is my alt, I thought it should be fine doing +10 with Ilvl 872 and a 21 traits in Light's Wrath.

I was wrong. Teeming = more pelters = lots of party members getting insane spike damage almost randomly. Some packs are just brutal. I think with better gear it's defintely possible, but it is one of the hardest dungeons I've healed so far.

I made +10 NL and upgraded to - you guessed it - +11 NL. We missed the timer on that one by about 2-3 mins. This week DPS is just so important for those big packs. The infamous pelter group before 2nd shard was hell even with my MC and shaman hex (MC is a godsend by the way, if you aren't using it currently). I say DPS is important because 1.) getting at least one down before CC breaks, and 2.) getting the entire pack down before the damage gets out of control or someone gets gibbed by a triple-tap pelter throw...there's just nothing you can do about that, and higher DPS minimizes the time-frame for unfortunate stuff to happen to your group.

whew, antoher 'I'm not the only one' relief post.

Definitely. I'm 876 and I was even having trouble on 6s and 8s. definitely was a dps/cc issue but same thing, should have kept em alive. The one pull after the patrol before the 2nd boss is KILLER. I also had issues casting dots or penance between, if I stopped spamming sm once someone would die.. and then they did anyway. So glad this affix is over so I can farm my headpiece in peace this week.

Avalanche is the key there. you can heal 1 pelter easy, 2 if geared, but if people get hit by avalanche there's nothing to be done.

Either that guy will get healed and u will fall behind on the group dmg or you heal the group and let him die. If multiple ppl get hit it's probably a wipe if you dont use cds