Poll: Are you purchasing ranks 36+, or waiting for new artifact traits?

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Artifact Power after 35...

I reached 35 ranks in Truthguard, earning my +10% all armor, then purchased 26 ranks for Ashbringer so I can have a viable off-spec. Now I'm back investing in Truthguard, because even at 1% per rank armor matters. How about you? Are you spending your AP now, assuming you've already reached 35, or are you saving it until the new artifact traits come out?

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Reached 35 for my Feral weapon, dumping into Boomkin now, and after that I'll probably do Resto and Bear as well, unless more traits have been added by then.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

I'm almost always healing,,, Yet, I don't think I'll be able to stand not having my other 3 speccs filled out to 34 points. I might skip feral, as while I have history with the specc, its legion incarnation is so horrible in comparison to balance that I never find myself in need of it (Other than as a way to access Flap). But yeah, 0.5% healing vs getting my balance weapon up to snuff is a rather easy choice for me. The question then becomes if I go for guardian or not. But as I only tank normal mythic dungeons and the like (due to aforementioned healing) there's not much point in it.
    Part of the multi legendary crowd. Resto Drood from Silvermoon-EU Nesandur

I should have included an option for "I've switched to investing in OS weapons." I'll try to add that now.

- - - Updated - - -

Nah, it'll let me edit OP, but not add options to poll. :P

- - - Updated - - -

I am at +11% armor now; I'd love to be at +15 or +20%

Deleted
    I'll hit 35 this week ( my alt is now my main so i am behind ) then i will just pool AP as i have 0 interest in my offspecs.

The .5% damage or healing boost isn't worth it for over 1.9 mil AP. If the new traits come out and you don't need all 20 points in the paragon level then those who saved and banked their AP will likely be able to get a lot more of the new traits a lot faster. The new traits could contribute a lot more than the full traits from the paragon levels, so unless you farm mythic+ all day every day and have overflow of AP, I'd save it.

About to hit 35 and right after that I'm banking my AP.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2016-12-05 at 10:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not that stuff past 35 would be as good as any, but I'm completely flushed after my 35th

Deleted
    I'm warlock, so I need all 3 specs to 35, because Blizz is always messing with warlocks .

Points after the jump from 35-36 just start getting smaller amounts of AP needed per point. For example from 36 to 37 is only like a 200k jump in AP. The points don't feel awful later with how artifact knowledge just keeps scaling higher and higher but the AP needed isn't scaling much per level anymore. I'll just cap out my main weapon.

Deleted
    New Traits won't be out until 7.2 (probably even after Tomb of Sargeras). There was a blue post somewhere that said they are still thinking about what is needed to unlock the new traits once they are put into the game. Possibly all 20 paragon traits.

Given how they are throwing AP at alts in the next patch, I'm pretty sure that they will require at least some paragon traits, if not all 20 of them.

In any case: With AK25 in January, you can farm 1.9M for 36th in a day by doing only the WQs and a Dungeon or 2. Probably even Paragon 20 won't take longer than a week.

Good luck banking AP till the new traits come out. Hope you have a lot of 100-space containers in your bank box

Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    New Traits won't be out until 7.2 (probably even after Tomb of Sargeras). There was a blue post somewhere that said they are still thinking about what is needed to unlock the new traits once they are put into the game. Possibly all 20 paragon traits.

Given how they are throwing AP at alts in the next patch, I'm pretty sure that they will require at least some paragon traits, if not all 20 of them.

In any case: With AK25 in January, you can farm 1.9M for 36th in a day by doing only the WQs and a Dungeon or 2. Probably even Paragon 20 won't take longer than a week.

Good luck banking AP till the new traits come out. Hope you have a lot of 100-space containers in your bank box
    Can just put the AP into your artifact but not press the button.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    The .5% damage or healing boost isn't worth it for over 1.9 mil AP. If the new traits come out and you don't need all 20 points in the paragon level then those who saved and banked their AP will likely be able to get a lot more of the new traits a lot faster. The new traits could contribute a lot more than the full traits from the paragon levels, so unless you farm mythic+ all day every day and have overflow of AP, I'd save it.

About to hit 35 and right after that I'm banking my AP.
    you have maxed out everything when it comes

considering even after 34 points you get the 0.75% stamina, ill keep putting into my dps weapon, im almost 39 with 30 in tank

Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post

Someone remind me what are "paragon traits"? I am not familiar with that term.

I'll get to rank 35 once I reach AK20 or some shit like that.

Anything below that is a fuck no. :/ I'm only at 16/17 AK, I just need a bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    The 20 point dump trait at the end.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    They mean the 35-54th traits. They're called paragon points because they're minor upgrades, similar to paragon points in Diablo3
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    You do? I thought those bonuses stop at 34 traits
    Don't think so. The tooltip in the top left says up to 34 traits.

I want more armor. I want all the armor! When we go to Argus I want to be a damn turtle.
    Last edited by Felfaadaern Darkterror; 2016-12-05 at 11:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    How AK and AP work there's no reason to save up in things to come, by now you already easily get 300K+ on the map at 18, it will easily twice that making it a trait a day again by the time of release.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    They mean the 35-54th traits. They're called paragon points because they're minor upgrades, similar to paragon points in Diablo3

Don't think so. The tooltip in the top left says up to 34 traits.
    Pretty sure Blizzard said the paragon ones give the stamina bonus as well on twitter recently.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU