Kinda offtopic but still: What does Ghostcrawler actually do nowadays?

No I'm not whining about MMO-C still displaying his tweets or something, but 2 out of 3 newsposts in frontpage, he has an essay written about some vapid question. I've read ages ago that he's working with Riot now but doesn't the guy have anything better to do but cherrypick tryhard questions about a past chapter of his life?
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Don't you have anything better to do but get butthurt over a man answering questions?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Don't you have anything better to do but get butthurt over a man answering questions?
    Well you have a Trump avatar and a comment of a mod which I'm sure is hilarious to you, so you tell me chump.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Maybe he does it in his spare time or during breaks? I dunno.

People wanna read his stuff, so it's nothing more than blogging really.

Deleted
    What are you actually doing posting in a forum about a 12 year old game? And then wondering why someone would answer to people asking him questions instead of just ignoring them?

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkbonk100 View Post
    Maybe he does it in his spare time or during breaks? I dunno.
    Well my point really was to connect to the guy emphatically; when GC was at the helm everybody hated him, forums would explode in a cascade of butthurt every time he posted something. IF I was him, I wouldn't even want anything to do with that chapter of my life and I'd just flip the bird to the questions incoming. Then again I'm not perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    No, not everyone hated him, but that can appear so if you just live on a forum and filter everything positive towards Blizzard as apologetic and fanboi-ism
    Yeah find one post of me labelling someone as a "fanboi". Go ahead.

He works for riot dealing with champion balance on league of legends
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Deleted
    So much salt - can't be healthy ! ...
    But yeah I was wondering the same. I don't mind GC, I even follow him on twitter. But the amount of posts here recently seems a bit strange..

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Well my point really was to connect to the guy emphatically; when GC was at the helm everybody hated him, forums would explode in a cascade of butthurt every time he posted something. IF I was him, I wouldn't even want anything to do with that chapter of my life and I'd just flip the bird to the questions incoming. Then again I'm not perfect.
    Not everybody hated GC. The smart people at least listened to what he had to say and tried to understand the overall process. The dumb people blamed him for everything, even though he said many times, there were many people involved in the process. I like reading what he has to say, even when I don't fully agree with whatever decision they go with, I like to at least hear their thought process

People like to hear stories about how movies were made 20+ years ago. In 10-15 years, once wow is basically dead, many will be dying to hear what life was like in Blizzard. Granted many will want to be able to say "I told you so!"

Isn't it technically Chaud that keeps posting his stuff? Maybe ask Chaud why he keeps putting it on the front page
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2016-12-05 at 04:09 PM.

It's amazing how fast this thread went off-track.

On topic, I don't know but I wish him the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper Zanjin View Post
    Which, btw, OP could've figured out with a simple google search

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greg_Street
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Ghostcrawler has years of experience in WoW and can explain points of view and things about the game very few people can, now he has even more experience since he's working on another huge game, i mean age of empires, world of warcraft, league of legends.

This is exactly the man to hear from about game design.

do you have a list of people with better experience in game design and specifically WoW who will give some insight? or could you post more nonsense.

I wonder why he doesn't talk more about his experience in Riot, working on a whole different game.

It's a shame we've lost passionate and talkative designers like Xelnath and Ghostcrawler and got Celestalon and Holinka instead.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Then I have no idea why you claim that everyone hated Ghostcrawler. Since you put the word in italics, I understood you meant it literally.
    Not literally everyone hated ghost crawler, but it was the prevailing sentiment, just like right now it seems that everyone hates Ion, Holinka, Celestalon, and every other Blizzard dev they know the name of.
    The community in general just can't be trusted to know the names (even pseudonyms) and contact details of any staff members.

Not literally every member of this forum does this, but it's clear what someone means when they say "everyone" as shorthand and being pedantic by saying "not every single person!" isn't at all helpful.

Deleted
    wow...salt? much?

To the OP:
    I've often wondered if RIOT are happy with him doing it and secondly what his motivation for doing it is? As i don't follow his tweets I only ever see the ones that get posted on MMO-C which suggest to me he only ever tweets about WoW, which I'm sure isn't really the case at all.

So to answer your question, I have no idea what he has better to do but like yourself have wondered why he does what he does...which doesn't really answer your question at all, but at least I wasn't salty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keeper Zanjin View Post
    This is the correct answer.

For the record he writes a lot about League of Legends as well. We don't publish those tweets and articles as we remain a site primarily dedicated to Blizzard games.

Closing the thread.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."