Insignia of Ravenholdt Mechanics Questions

Hey all, just got Insignia of Ravenholdt so I had a few questions about how it works with AP.
    I'm assuming since it does 35% of all mutilate damage, AP only needs to be applied to the target you are mutilating to get the damage increase?
    Does the insignia double dip if multiple targets have AP applied? I.E. if we have 3 targets with 5 stacks of AP on them, will the insignia hit on the two targets not hit by mutilate get its ~35% extra damage from your current target, as well as another 35% on the extra targets?

Have Insignia holders found that single-target AP and mutilate has surpassed spamming FoK with deadly poison for multi-target occasions? Do you use your energy / globals trying to keep stacks of AP up on up to 3 targets for that big double dip, if it exists?? Thanks for your time fellow rogues!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lobocito View Post
    Hey all, just got Insignia of Ravenholdt so I had a few questions about how it works with AP.
    I'm assuming since it does 35% of all mutilate damage, AP only needs to be applied to the target you are mutilating to get the damage increase?
    Does the insignia double dip if multiple targets have AP applied? I.E. if we have 3 targets with 5 stacks of AP on them, will the insignia hit on the two targets not hit by mutilate get its ~35% extra damage from your current target, as well as another 35% on the extra targets?

Have Insignia holders found that single-target AP and mutilate has surpassed spamming FoK with deadly poison for multi-target occasions? Do you use your energy / globals trying to keep stacks of AP up on up to 3 targets for that big double dip, if it exists?? Thanks for your time fellow rogues!
    To my knowledge insigna was fixed so it doesn't double dip. The damage is based of the mutilate dmg and the ''procs'' doesn't benefit again from AP (as mut already does) it doesn't double dip on crit either if i remeber correctly. The crit chance of the procs is based on your crit level. they changed it a lot of time since it's in the game but i'm almost 100% sure about the way it works with ap, not so sure about the way uit beave with crit now.

For 2-3 target mut might be better if you play with AP just because FoK does almost no AoE dmg and most of the AoE dmg of the rogue comes from rupture and deadly poison tho if you run with AP the target need to up for long time.

On more than that you should probably play with DP and use FoK for more CP and faster rupture spread. AP is mostly a 1-2 target spec as with more target than that especialy if does don't live super long deadly poison is going to be one of your top source of damage.

Thanks for the tips Kalador. I definitely agree with most of your statements and some basic testing confirmed that.
    Some quick testing of mine showed this is accurate; even if the second target has full AP stacks, insignia seems to only get the damage from one which is kind of disappointing. I guess some testing with FOK/DP vs pure Insignia damage will show which is superior for multi target but I'd guess your first instinct is correct and that for anything over 3 targets DP/FOK is going to outdamage the Insignia procs. Oh well, thanks!