Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Should the achievement and PvP weapon skins be account bound?

Considering they can take months to do on one character and it's purely cosmetic...

Honestly i think everything tied to an account style achievement should automatically be unlocked for alts AFTER they've unlocked the initial appearance for the specific row. Looks like blizzard is following the pvp ruleset where each accomplishment is character based and not player based.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dwarfkicker View Post
    Honestly i think everything tied to an account style achievement should automatically be unlocked for alts AFTER they've unlocked the initial appearance for the specific row. Looks like blizzard is following the pvp ruleset where each accomplishment is character based and not player based.
    Which is unfortunate because i won't be getting some appearances for alts due to arbitrary restrictions /shrug

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Considering they can take months to do on one character and it's purely cosmetic...
    No, cause this could and WOULD heavily be abused. IE top pvpers would buy themself a second license for 5 bucks and after archiving it would sell that license for high money. So NO.

- - - Updated - - -

Which is unfortunate because i won't be getting some appearances for alts due to arbitrary restrictions /shrug
    And you are not supposed to have them on all your ALTS....

It's not a given but in all likelihood they won't be removing the achieves to get most of those skins from the game when the next expansion hits - much like the mounts from dungeon/raid achievements. So you should be able to solo them without too much trouble later on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Then why make one of the appearances already account bound

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm very old-school about this. I don't believe much of anything should be account-bound.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    No, cause this could and WOULD heavily be abused. IE top pvpers would buy themself a second license for 5 bucks and after archiving it would sell that license for high money. So NO.

- - - Updated - - -

You honestly believe people would pay "high money" for a cosmetic skin that is no problem getting on your own? Lel.

I wish it was account bound, same with the mounts that takes 100 3v3 wins to obtain. The top ranking titles etc can be on each character, as that is more a feat of strenght though. But everything that simply is a grind should be account bound.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Yes. It's stupid as it is now.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

10+ Year Old Account
    If you ask me I think everything should be account wide, after all I'm the one who earned those things not my character.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would agree on large achievements, not the small ones. So, if you were rewarded for a certain level of PvP, yes. If just for a small achievement, no.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    i feel it is acceptable for only on the chraracter you earned them on.
    Hi

I think all elite PvP gear no matter how old should be unlockable with the appropriate rating. Also gives the top 0,5% a gladiator saddle and let them choose the new gladiator mount or any of the old ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    But Glory of the Legion Hero is account bound... Why not Unleashed Monstrosities which arguably is going to take AGES due to the wait

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    Why do you say that?
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    It's not a given but in all likelihood they won't be removing the achieves to get most of those skins from the game when the next expansion hits - much like the mounts from dungeon/raid achievements. So you should be able to solo them without too much trouble later on.
    Do you not have to have the artifact weapon equipped to do them though ?

I think the Balance of Power's skin must be account-wide, that thing is the worst of the worst.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes.

Speaking for the mounts. I have a few PvP mounts I don't even use. Mainly because they don't fit my transmog. I would much prefer that they be account bound instead of bound to the character I achieved it on, as it would mean MORE use for me.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I don't think every skin should be account wide (beside things like Glory), but I think they should lower requirements on alts when another skin is just pure grind. For example:
    1) Balance of Power - increase drop rate and enable this on LFR on alts
    2) Prestige - after you reach 13, make it avaiable on alts for 1->2->3->4 prestige
    3) Lower requirement for hidden color variant.

I know it will be completable after Legion, but it will be kinda useless if skin don't go to Wardrobe tab.

It is my understanding at least he skins will stick around past legion so any alt you put time into pvping with will get them.