Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Guys what is the best choice for second row in talents? I use Greater Judgement, but I'm not sure if its that good if I have only 18% mastery. Should I use zeal instead of GJ?

Quote Originally Posted by Feenuxik View Post
    Guys what is the best choice for second row in talents? I use Greater Judgement, but I'm not sure if its that good if I have only 18% mastery. Should I use zeal instead of GJ?
    GJ is garbage compared to Zeal or FoJ.

I believe Zeal (with high enough gear) sims best for AoE and ST, but I use FoJ because it "smooths" out my rotation more. aka its more enjoyable to me with less gaps in waiting for something to press.

i wish they can make zeal 3 charges instead of 2

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    Being very usefull, are we?

A more useful tip would be to write into the note that you come with a flask, pots and drums. (Which everyone actually should, but noone does)
    That would at least help you getting into groups without a shammy or a mage. Or one that has a mage who wears the "no hero debuff"-legendairy.
    unfortunately most people dont know u have all those things (or read notes) 5-10 M+ so a invite may be hard to get. i enjoy having a ret in my grp usually gives me a buff helps my dps hit over 500k but its pug mentality.. ilvl and class is all most people see. im a 886 mage and get instantly picked every time i que.. its all in perception get higher ilvl and things might change... rewards for m+ ilvl are very low anyways 7-10 i get gear way lover then what i have.. maybe 1 out of 100 runs do i see a upgrade.. just farming ap and lookin for legs is why i run them and u can do that at any lvl..

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    GJ is garbage compared to Zeal or FoJ.

I believe Zeal (with high enough gear) sims best for AoE and ST, but I use FoJ because it "smooths" out my rotation more. aka its more enjoyable to me with less gaps in waiting for something to press.
    GJ often pulls ahead in dungeons with lots of 4+ mob pulls if you don't have the cape.

Bumpity bump.. I'm lvling my Ret at the moment for M+ with Prot as an offspec, I'm casual and only play DH at the moment..

TBH I had the choice between Outlaw, Survival/BM, Ret and Fury, but wanted a nice PvP/PvE balance, so I've seen Ret as possibly my best option... plus having Prot as an offspec is nice, reminds me of my DH a little, 1 dps spec + 1 tank spec, makes life simple...

Out of the classes I've listed above, is Ret competitive with them with AND without legendaries? Speaking anything from +5 to +20

For Ret to be competitive, you need to fill out your weapon. All 3 gold traits are pretty necessary to be competitive. Starting off fresh, you'll struggle for a while until you get the AP.

Every spec and class in the game is both viable and competitive in M+.

However, not all players are both viable and competitive in M+.

Want to get invited into M+ groups as a DPS ? Get 885+ ilvl (in bags), else someone else with higher ilvl will get invited instead of you, no matter their class or how much they suck. Want a real solution ? Build an offspec, play prot. Paladins have a great advantage in their ability to play tank. Good luck finding a group on a mediocre ilvl rogue, mage, warlock, hunter, and so on. Tanks, and - to a much lesser degree in my experience - Healers, are highly sought after, and there simply aren't enough tanks around for every group.

It may not be fun or exactly what you want, but that's the best solution. I never wanted to build a Brewmaster spec (spend AP on the spec, build a proper gear for it, etc) but I had to do it if I wanted to do as much PUG M+ as possible. And God knows Windwalker is strong in M+, yet playing tank is still miles easier.

Deleted
    rets are good in mythics and raids realy high dps