Thread: 35 Energy Feint

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Thankfully my raid consists of players so skilled that none of our rogues or me have to waste energy that could be funneled in more dps. I realize that is not the case for many other people who are treated like plebs in their raids. Oh and I also didn't have to step aside and bandage during vanilla raiding. I guess using every single energy to dps makes me bad.

Enjoy feint with 35 energy
    You haven't experienced cutting edge content before if you have this mentality. Not that you need to, but Feint is a strong ability that alleviates raid mechanics. When Elusiveness was extremely powerful, you removed close to 70% of the damage of the initial smash damage (This was mandatory in every high-end progression guild). The sheer amount of AoE reduction is something you should try to capitalize on. Also, Bandaging Loatheb in Vanilla Naxx was in most cases; mandatory, even with every single boss buff.

Hi and welcome to the rogues. First of all thanks for confirming what some people here deny just to deny that spamming feint is dps loss. If that loss is big or small everyone knows it for themselves. We are not robots sometimes you can slip one more feint during a stress condition. If unwanted it can cost you a lot. Ofc people here are willing to die before accepting it's possible to make a rotation mistake esp when it regards a spam able ability.

Thing is in pvp sin, feint is the only thing keeping the rogue alive even for a little while. At the same time the rest of the pop rotation is clunky and devoid of notable cc (which will be the case even if they re-add blind to sin).

Finally as you are new to the rogue class you should try to understand a bit of its history. What blizzard did to the specs this expansion was stupid. Removing all cc and giving ridiculous damage to a spec is not "identity". Trying to fix that shit by toying around tested abilities is also wrong. Finally it's rather unfortunate that as it seems the rogue developers operate in a vacuum away from everyone else or they haven't played a rogue in serious conditions to understand where they screw up with the specs.
    Yes, you are probably right. I really do not know a thing about PvP, but a person doesn't have to play rogue for 10 years to understand that current version of Feint is too powerful in PvE.

Deleted
    Your problem is with me not with my argument. You tunnel vision so hard that you cant even fathom the possibility that I am not even playing sin for pve. You are also so stuck to your own conclusions (or well entirely ignorant regarding pvp) that you evade the actual problem which is the effect of the nerf at pvp.

Finally I don't really give a fuck if someone like you takes me seriously or not so I don't feel the need to post logs. You don't need to either its obvious that you have a 50-60K dps loss per fight by simply spamming feint instead of finally learning to step out of that green shit on the floor.
    We are getting into the phase where you start running low/out of actual arguments so you start attacking people calling you out.

"Your problem is with me not with my argument."
    I dont know you. The only thing i have to go on is your arguments. I dont hate people who state outrageous things on forums.

You tunnel vision so hard that you cant even fathom the possibility that I am not even playing sin for pve
    I'm not talking specificly Sin but if you mean that you arent talking PvE:

Thankfully my raid consists of players so skilled that none of our rogues or me have to waste energy that could be funneled in more dps

Also

You are also so stuck to your own conclusions (or well entirely ignorant regarding pvp) that you evade the actual problem which is the effect of the nerf at pvp.
    I'm not evading any effect it has on PvP. I've never said it wasnt a problem for PvP. I dont pvp in wow however so it doesnt affect me at allin pvp. I'm not sure why you are trying to make it seem like i've said things that i havent.

You are starting to dig a very deep grave for yourself and isntead of presenting some arguments you are basicly resorting to attacking me.

Everyone on this forum knows you are wrong, even you do. You just dug yourself in so deep you refuse to aknowledge it. By all means keep digging

10+ Year Old Account
    I stopped reading right there. Why on earth would you ever need to soak so much damage in a pve situation?
    I stopped reading right there.

Using WF guilds to back up your argument after Exorsus only makes me laugh. You are also exaggerating the value of a damage reduction over 5 sec vs the energy cost and the danger of spamming it which is what everyone ends up doing under stress (except ofc the posters in this forum who are ALL full time mythic raiders skilled and twitch tv legends and never fuck up anything). So yeah you call me names when you don't know fuck all about me.

You just post libel and insults because making an impression is cheaper this way. Its ok throwing mud at others is a proffession around here.
    Wat. So Exorsus and co were banned and that invalidates everything WF guilds do? I am not exaggerating anything, if you can't see the value of a well placed 5sec duration 50% reduction in damage for a measly energy cost, I can only deduce that you have never played at a reasonably high enough level. I don't need to know anything about you other than the fact that you apparently don't want to use what is essentially our strongest ability ever. You might have fine dps I honestly don't give a shit, but please realize that you not using an ability doesn't mean it's useless. Just because you've never had to be in a situation where your raid is so severely undergeared that everyone has to do everything possible to minimize damage just so you can stay alive doesn't change the value of this ability.

As for my tone; get a grip, you don't get to go all haughty on people like
    Sure I do. One boss mechanic does not warrant blanket use of feint. If you can't comprehend that Im sorry but I can't help you.
    and then complain people dish it back to you. And if you can't comprehend that Feint has been used to great effect in every raid tier since it's been out, meaning not just "One boss mechanic", that's on you and again it's fine but don't come in here like you know more than other people.
    “It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what.”

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by noralya View Post
    Wat. So Exorsus and co were banned and that invalidates everything WF guilds do? I am not exaggerating anything, if you can't see the value of a well placed 5sec duration 50% reduction in damage for a measly energy cost, I can only deduce that you have never played at a reasonably high enough level. I don't need to know anything about you other than the fact that you apparently don't want to use what is essentially our strongest ability ever. You might have fine dps I honestly don't give a shit, but please realize that you not using an ability doesn't mean it's useless. Just because you've never had to be in a situation where your raid is so severely undergeared that everyone has to do everything possible to minimize damage just so you can stay alive doesn't change the value of this ability.

As for my tone; get a grip, you don't get to go all haughty on people like and then complain people dish it back to you. And if you can't comprehend that Feint has been used to great effect in every raid tier since it's been out, meaning not just "One boss mechanic", that's on you and again it's fine but don't come in here like you know more than other people.
    What he said.

Since rerolling DH only thing i really miss at this moment from my rogue days (vanilla-WoD) is feint and overall rogue's survivability compared to dh (outside Meta that is).
    Feint is probably the best personal survival ability in the game.

That said, 35 energy to feint sounds horrible.

Oh so I should work feint because it was relevant one expansion ago. And perhaps I should also play outlaw with daggers because combat daggers was the absolute IT for killing Nefarian in vanilla.

Think a bit before you post?
    do you know what an example is? clearly not

all im saying is if you truly believe that feint is useless in pve and you NEVER use it, you're either not doing your job as a rogue, or you're raiding normal.

You don't need to either its obvious that you have a 50-60K dps loss per fight by simply spamming feint instead of finally learning to step out of that green shit on the floor.

Perhaps even stop standing on green shit. Just an idea.
    Made an account just to reply to this specific part of your argument. You're continuously stating that rogues should "step out of that green shit". Mind you that's what every player SHOULD be doing unless you have some ability (CoS, bubble, etc) that negates the damage coming from that "green shit". What you keep failing to comprehend is that we are stating its more so about UNAVOIDABLE Raid Damage that occurs where feint would be WAY more beneficial than any other ability besides CoS IF it's even up that is... Damage that cannot be avoided due to the raid mechanics of the fight. Do you remember fights like Ultraxion? Where you're GOING to take damage from Twilight unless your CoS was up? Feint is single-handedly one of the most important abilities in our toolkit.. ESPECIALLY talented.

You are clearly wrong here..

p.s. just because feint was relevant an expansion ago does not mean it still isn't. There's a reason it was used then and there's a reason it's still used now.. you just fail to recognize its usefulness because of your own arrogance & inflated ego it seems..

Deleted
    watcher still getting pwned by rogues on his mage...

I can just see him fistslamming his desk with both hands and then going 'yep, still op'

... AND THEN THE CREEPY MUSIC PLAYS Q.Q

This thread started bad but spawned discussion. Too bad it derailed immediately on attacking each other from everyone.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.