Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    See, now don't you feel better now that your being honest with yourself.

You've inspired me. While I still hold to my stance that a square is more than a rectangle which is why it is classified differently... I will once again confirm that it does indeed hold a place in the rectangle family.
    I'm truly disappointed now. In all truth - no personal attack at all - this is childish behavior. Good luck in life and I wish you all the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Thwart View Post
    I'm truly disappointed now. In all truth - no personal attack at all - this is childish behavior. Good luck in life and I wish you all the best.
    I don't see what's so childish about holding to the notion that a square is a discrete shape. Calling it a rectangle is truthful...yet not the complete truth. I find it best that when classifying an object...one should be as specific as possible.

I do find it hilarious that you are taking this so seriously, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smooshtheman View Post
    FACT CHALLENGE: Is the United States of America a Constitutional Republic orDemocracy

Neither, it's a plutocracy masquerading as a democracy.

It's suppose to be a Constitutional Republic. It's usually pretty alarming when I hear people say we are a democracy. In all elections except the presidency we do use representative democracy as a tool to determine our representatives, IE: Most votes gets to represent. For president we don't vote for or use democracy as a tool, and we are the only free society that uses this method to pick our head of state. We vote for electors who then get to cast their own vote on who to pick. The most citizen votes means nothing, and so the definition of democracy does not fit for choosing the president.

Nonetheless, I think this question will be challenged while Trump is president. He's already contradicted the Constitution several times (Removing citizenship, putting tariffs on individual companies that don't place nice to his threats). Based on his missteps and ignorance of the Constitution it wouldn't be far fetched to think he'll try to violate the constitution if it stands in the way of his agenda. Then the real work begins, will he get shut down if this happens? No one knows!

Deleted
    Plutocratic Oligarchy. Theres a Princeton study on this.

Last edited by mmocb13165abed; 2016-12-11 at 08:01 PM.

Deleted
    A constitutional democracy.. at least I hope so. In democracy, 51% can vote to kill the other 49% so that would never do.

I think you're a demented plutocracy

And I don't understand why you're so excited about having a constitution... Every other country in the world has one, several of them modelled on the French, like your own.
    Last edited by atlings; 2016-12-11 at 08:57 PM.