Deleted

SwP & VT bugged - 18s/24s on live if u apply dots twice?

Hey,

since the last server reset last week my dot's tick for SwP 18s / VT 24s if i apply the dot a second time while the first dot's are still up. Took a bit of time to figure out how an when this happens and i am wondering if some other SP here can confirm that it's not just me?

regards
    Alex

In WoD all DOTs and HOTs got an added effect that was previously exclusive to warlocks, then called pandemic and still usually referred to as such. The idea was to be able to refresh any DOT or HOT when 30% of the duration remained without losing potential damage or healing.

That means when you refresh SWP up to 4.2 remaining seconds will be added, for VT it's 5.4 seconds. This isn't a bug but working exactly as intended.

It's been like that for a while now. I don't remember what expansion (MoP maybe?) but previous DoTs on a mob get their duration added on to a new DoT if you reapply it, up to an extra 30% of it's duration, which for SW: P is 14 x 30% = 4.2 more second, and VT is 18 x 30% = 5.4 more seconds (which looks like 24 on timers).

Deleted
    Ah ok, started playing short before the launch of Legion, so i didn't know that.

Thanks for explaining