Thread: #FreeBearing

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    It's used under parody though. Strange how it was flagged after all these years, all three times at the same time.
    You think an indy game dev can create a game where Darth Vader slaughters the SJWs, make a profit off the sales of that game, and claim that it was parody to avoid having Disney shit down their throat? He wasn't parody(-ing?) TDI, he was just using their character.

As for why SugarTits hasn't been flagged down, I'd assume it has something to do with the fact that she doesn't have 300k subs and the exposure that comes with it (and that she doesn't publish 8 videos a week...).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post
    Youtube channel got terminated despite the fact it was completely clean with no strikes for years. It got flagged three times in one day by the same person and insta pulled. Seems fishy at best and obvious censorship at worst.
    I've seen this argument used before by Endus:

"As a private company they have the full right to block channels and that isn't censorship, censorship only concerns what governments do."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    You think an indy game dev can create a game where Darth Vader slaughters the SJWs, make a profit off the sales of that game, and claim that it was parody to avoid having Disney shit down their throat? He wasn't parody(-ing?) TDI, he was just using their character.

As for why SugarTits hasn't been flagged down, I'd assume it has something to do with the fact that she doesn't have 300k subs and the exposure that comes with it (and that she doesn't publish 8 videos a week...).
    Actually, if I did make a "Parody" of Darth Vader killing the SJWs, then it would indeed be allowed under fair use, specifically in Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    You know in the internet age we got a thing called a search bar.

#FreeBearing is loads of youtubers calling out for support against youtube just out of nowhere taking down the youtuber Bearings channel. The guy talked openly about political, current issues, as well as having a laugh at a lot of online idiots who needed a good kick up the arse here and there. He's never been given a warning or flagged for anything before, then all of a sudden youtube throws three takedown notices at him all at once, terminating his channel, basically abusing their own system
    YouTube has been having a problem where people can file false claims and the system automatically will remove your video without any review. It's been happening to a load of smaller YouTuber's lately. This is nothing new, unless this is a unique case. This isn't censorship. It's simply just a fault in the YouTube's claim system.

Youtube is utter cancer now and boy do i miss the good ole days when people really could say what they liked and content didnt get pulled cause of the bullshit DMCA

Actually, if I did make a "Parody" of Darth Vader killing the SJWs, then it would indeed be allowed under fair use, specifically in Canada.
    So the licensing of IP just doesn't exist in your world, then? I guess someone should call up Capcom and tell them to call off whatever deals they've made with Marvel/Disney to use their characters in MvC. Because Iron Man beating up Tron Bonne seems like a perfect parody.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    Canadian copyright law allows for the use of copyrighted material if done so for parody, satire, criticism or education. I believe that Total Drama Island is a Canadian IP.
    Is that still true when you do that for profit/monetize ?

Youtube also banned a video yesterday that discussed hatred towards Israel by many Muslim communities, the video was created by a pro-Israeli Muslim in which he discusses his own experiences growing up in the UK. The video is not rabidly anti-Muslim, it simply encourages people to make their own decisions in regards to how they feel about the situation. Youtube flagged the video as 'hate speech', because apparently encouraging people not to blindly hate hate is 'hate speech'.

https://www.prageru.com/born-hate-jews
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    So the licensing of IP just doesn't exist in your world, then? I guess someone should call up Capcom and tell them to call off whatever deals they've made with Marvel/Disney to use their characters in MvC. Because Iron Man beating up Tron Bonne seems like a perfect parody.
    Right, it's clear you don't understand what parody, Satire, Education or whatnot is about.

Look up Spitting Image. A Profitable show that used people's likeness in Satire and Parody.

Quote Originally Posted by LeRoy View Post
    Is that still true when you do that for profit/monetize ?
    I don't really know how much the law has caught up to technology like youtube
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

10+ Year Old Account
    Its completely f**ked how youtube creators, who depend on youtube, who make content on it for livelyhood, can just be cut off without warning. Imagine if your work did this, just cut you off without any warning, and you were powerless to make a claim against them.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    https://twitter.com/omegaheber/statu...75181120163840

This might have something to do with it.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

None of the law mentioned here are in effect using a private platform. Youtube can ban you for what ever reason outside of their own rules, respecting their own rules is only good for their own marketability. This is not new, youtube been doing that shit for the last 6-7 years constantly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    https://twitter.com/omegaheber/statu...75181120163840

This might have something to do with it.
    More underhanded SJW tactics.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Its completely f**ked how youtube creators, who depend on youtube, who make content on it for livelyhood, can just be cut off without warning. Imagine if your work did this, just cut you off without any warning, and you were powerless to make a claim against them.
    Its kind of your own fault for making your work hold on the whim of a third party thats not bound to anything lawful with you. You still have the option to make your own site and add a donation button.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Its kind of your own fault for making your work hold on the whim of a third party thats not bound to anything lawful with you. You still have the option to make your own site and add a donation button.
    https://support.google.com/youtube/a...97449?hl=en-GB

Youtube says it supports and follows the fair use copyright laws. So this is a simple case of Hypocrisy.

More underhanded SJW tactics.
    I really doubt a youtube comment is proof of anything. Unless the guy making the comment is someone famous I'm not aware of.

https://support.google.com/youtube/a...97449?hl=en-GB

Youtube says it supports and follows the fair use copyright laws. So this is a simple case of Hypocrisy.
    Like i said in my first post, respecting their own rule is only good for their marketability, has no legal matter into it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MysticSnow View Post
    I really doubt a youtube comment is proof of anything. Unless the guy making the comment is someone famous I'm not aware of.
    Well, deductive reasoning shows this is the exact reason his channel was taken down, using the exact same means.

We have Method, we have Intent and we have Means.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    If it is a copyright claim, and bearings been making money from it, then said company would have gone after him for the earnings, but instead they just targeted his channel without warning or notice of claim. If this was a copyright issue more would have been made of it and something sent, instead they just attacked his channel.

Maybe if he opened his own site like linkara or channel awesome did he could open a patreon page.
    #boycottchina