10+ Year Old Account

RIFT: LIVE! community podcast Sat 10th DEC 2016

Hi, all

so this will be an open forum / discussion idea. I will be going through all the questions in this thread, points raised and (hopefully) some people will join.

I want diverse opinions. I will be leading the forums, asking individual opinions, but it's a community forum - will be recorded live.

White Knights, disgruntled players - and grinches welcome.

I would prefer if it is not just a rant. I would like constructive criticisms, but I also want opinions on how people are feeling right now - even if it is disillusioned, disappointed, angry etc.

One rule - I don't want people attacking each other.
    It's okay to love / hate, but not on each other. Okay?

My channel is about entertainment, so come and join us.

If it's successful, I will do more.

Get discord ready so long and set up with push-to-talk

https://gaming.youtube.com/watch?v=tYp7E-dRhZE- TEXT CHAT as well as YouTube link to watch

https://discord.gg/akjpbJN - Voice Chat

IF YOU JUST WANT TO WATCH / LISTEN
    LINK TO LIVESTREAM: https://gaming.youtube.com/watch?v=tYp7E-dRhZE

I am aiming for 10th Dec 2016 @ 11pm GMT - will advise closer if it changes by an hour or two

Last edited by theWocky; 2016-12-06 at 01:36 PM.

Might actually join in with Youtube text chat. My voice is very embarassing so I'd rather not have people except who I talk to frequently hear it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Might actually join in with Youtube text chat. My voice is very embarassing so I'd rather not have people except who I talk to frequently hear it
    Well, at least I can count on one person watching :P

If no-one shows in Voice chat, I'm going to just read through that loooong forum post and discuss positives and negatives.

Hopefully just a quick question you can fire off at people. But I'd be very interested to know how many people there would, if a new B2P expansion were announced on Monday, be willing to preorder it? Would they be more or less interested in it if Trion were to, again, change the monetisation method?

Although I may be around to ask it, and the vast multitude of other questions I have, for myself. It depends on how work goes this week. I promise to try making it, though I can't at all promise to be there. Unlike Eleccy, I have a pleasing baritone thats like chocolate for the ears wrapped up in a charming English accent. The trick is getting me to shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    Hopefully just a quick question you can fire off at people. But I'd be very interested to know how many people there would, if a new B2P expansion were announced on Monday, be willing to preorder it? Would they be more or less interested in it if Trion were to, again, change the monetisation method?

Although I may be around to ask it, and the vast multitude of other questions I have, for myself. It depends on how work goes this week. I promise to try making it, though I can't at all promise to be there. Unlike Eleccy, I have a pleasing baritone thats like chocolate for the ears wrapped up in a charming English accent. The trick is getting me to shut up.
    I have an English accent. It's just a really squeaky gruff Northerner accent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice to see a couple of people have signed up for Discord! I hope more join. I would like a good discussion.

Guild Managers would be most welcome as well as senior officers in top raiding guilds!

Here's a question i would like to ask the "general population" for this podcast. How would people feel if Trion decides to pull another storm legion 6 months down the line and make the expansion free again? Would they be happy that more people had access to the new content and/or would they feel cheated as they essentially paid for an early access.

Thanks for doing the podcast wocky, will be interesting to hear what people have to say on the expansion as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Subtlefiness View Post
    Here's a question i would like to ask the "general population" for this podcast. How would people feel if Trion decides to pull another storm legion 6 months down the line and make the expansion free again? Would they be happy that more people had access to the new content and/or would they feel cheated as they essentially paid for an early access.

Thanks for doing the podcast wocky, will be interesting to hear what people have to say on the expansion as a whole.
    They should never have gone back to B2P in my opinion. Cash shop is already tainted and yet they don't realise they would do quite well if it was similar to how it is done in Guild Wars 2 which is B2P with a cosmetic cash shop.

All I can say to this is, "called it." Back at the F2P transition, so many people gave me shit for speaking out against the transition, yet it obviously failed spectacularly as I said it would. Haven't touched the game in quite a while now, despite spending aome money on it late in to Nightmare Tide ro whatever it was called, so not sure if I can really add much to the discussion, but will try to watch/listen if I am not too busy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    All I can say to this is, "called it." Back at the F2P transition, so many people gave me shit for speaking out against the transition, yet it obviously failed spectacularly as I said it would. Haven't touched the game in quite a while now, despite spending aome money on it late in to Nightmare Tide ro whatever it was called, so not sure if I can really add much to the discussion, but will try to watch/listen if I am not too busy.
    Dude go read up on the mess Starfall was at launch. To summarise half the content was disabled for 2 days, Instant adventures had to be disabled due to one server crashing the rest at first in the EU then NA and then one of 3 dungeons had to be disabled. As for the dungeons themselves they are trash. Take no effort whatsoever and barely require healing.

All I can say to this is, "called it." Back at the F2P transition, so many people gave me shit for speaking out against the transition, yet it obviously failed spectacularly as I said it would.
    Personally I would have called Trions F2P model a success. At least up until 2016 started, they've been pushing increacingly punitive monetisation changes ever since the start of the year. Given the overall loyalty the Rift player base seems to have, I doubt that Rift wasn't pulling its weight financially, more than likely the company as a whole was in the red due to Defiance, Archage and Devillian not doing anything like as well as they'd hoped. If Rift was still Trions only game, I expect it would be doing just fine with an F2P model.

Decent stream btw Wocky. Covered a lot of ground. Problem is Trion just don't care. If Starfall Prophecy had decided to launch with more I would have bought it and boosted my Rogue to 65.

10+ Year Old Account
    and it's done - may take a while to render, but it's a podcast - for listening
    Starts at about 00:03:40

Last edited by theWocky; 2016-12-11 at 11:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was in interesting watch, I keep waiting to hear things are looking up as my Wife and I really enjoyed Rift a long time ago.. Sad to see all this silence from Trion

Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    and it's done - may take a while to render, but it's a podcast - for listening
    Starts at about 00:03:40

If it's a podcast, how do I look it up on my podcast player? Or is it just a youtube video called a podcast? If it's just a youtube video called a podcast, that's disappointing. While at work, I often listen to podcasts on my phone, but a youtube video requires me to leave the youtube player open and the screen on, draining the shit out of my battery and data. An actual podcast, I can have my phone screen off and still listen to just fine.

I was unable to make it to watch live as I was extremely busy this weekend, so want to listen to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it's a podcast, how do I look it up on my podcast player? Or is it just a youtube video called a podcast? If it's just a youtube video called a podcast, that's disappointing. While at work, I often listen to podcasts on my phone, but a youtube video requires me to leave the youtube player open and the screen on, draining the shit out of my battery and data. An actual podcast, I can have my phone screen off and still listen to just fine.

I was unable to make it to watch live as I was extremely busy this weekend, so want to listen to it.
    I will find a way to make it available on a podcast played if you can suggest what app you use, what best site to register on?

I saw TotalBiscuit and Jesse Fox use the word: PODcast for their YouTube videos. I confess not knowing there was a difference.

wocky.

Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    I will find a way to make it available on a podcast played if you can suggest what app you use, what best site to register on?

I saw TotalBiscuit and Jesse Fox use the word: PODcast for their YouTube videos. I confess not knowing there was a difference.

wocky.
    Yeah, pretty big difference, I got excited when I saw the word podcast, lol. No worries though, I'll just put it on youtube at home when I am doing some grinding in the latest Classic JRPG I am playing since at home I don't have to worry about the data usage. I think to get it registered as a podcast costs a little bit of money and requires setting things up that can apparently be a bit tricky as I have heard several of the podcasters I listen to complain about it. Personally, I use beyondpod as my podtracker, but don't go out of your way just for me. If you are planning on doing more stuff liek this though, that works better as audio only(and you do have the voice for it), you may want to look into doing podcasts anyway, but don't go doing it just for me.

Yeah, pretty big difference, I got excited when I saw the word podcast, lol. No worries though, I'll just put it on youtube at home when I am doing some grinding in the latest Classic JRPG I am playing since at home I don't have to worry about the data usage. I think to get it registered as a podcast costs a little bit of money and requires setting things up that can apparently be a bit tricky as I have heard several of the podcasters I listen to complain about it. Personally, I use beyondpod as my podtracker, but don't go out of your way just for me. If you are planning on doing more stuff liek this though, that works better as audio only(and you do have the voice for it), you may want to look into doing podcasts anyway, but don't go doing it just for me.
    Inb4 Wocky dedicates his first podcast to @Lathais