Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Dropping hunter after 6 years :(

Latest patch notes are horrid. The only spec they are addressing is the one that .5% of hunters play. They can't comprehend it's because it's melee. You can continue buffing survival and u might see a .5% increase. Congratulations. Bm and mm (the majority of the hunter community) are seeing some of the most idiotic tuning I've ever seen in this game. I can't go through another 4-5 months of "hopeing". Adios.

I got sad when i saw the new item changes... versatility on EVERYTHING

Thank god. One less moron whining about tuning when it's an ongoing process that could be completely changed at any point until it goes live, and even then the chance of hotfixes and changes after heroic NH week.

It's great fun to see people who clearly know nothing about the game nor how PTR cycles work throw a hissy fit.

Bye.

7+ Year Old Account
    Are you quitting because of numbers, or because you don't enjoy the class anymore?

I've been playing hunter for 12 years, and been through the ups and downs because I enjoy my class.

I know that no feedback has been listened to in any of he ptr testing as of yet. The mechanics and numbers are the problem, and have been the problem since alpha a year ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenzedd View Post
    Thank god. One less moron whining about tuning when it's an ongoing process that could be completely changed at any point until it goes live, and even then the chance of hotfixes and changes after heroic NH week.

It's great fun to see people who clearly know nothing about the game nor how PTR cycles work throw a hissy fit.

Bye.
    I've heard that same load of bs for a year now. It will change when beta come out, it will change when live comes out, it will change after the first week of raids, it will change after nighthold drops, newsflash, it ain't ever changing. This class is dead in the water and anyone still waiting for correct changes is a masochist.

I'm quite happy to stick to my Hunter and my Demon Hunter. I don't see anything wrong with either and both have had decent changes.

Happy days! Survival for fun, MM for serious business (though survival for pvp is also sick, however piercing shots could become amazing for pvp with traps)

Deleted
    weird when people say they dont care about tuning because they 'enjoy' their class.

you enjoy playing the game and doing everything you can to maximise your dps, whilst clearly outplaying other specs to still see yourself underpeform.

you must hate yourself.

They didn't listen to the ton of relevant feedback during beta. Now they have more than 100 pages of relevant feedback from the Let's Talk: part 2 thread, but they still don't address the core issues.

Wait for next expansion.

P.S. btw I can no longer find the link to the 'let's talk: part 2' thread in the official hunter forum. Has it been deleted?

Deleted
    Cya.

/10chars

Bye, random internet attention seeker.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenzedd View Post

Bye.
    When you are so triggered that you use that throw-away account you have been saving for months to be nasty to a random OP on a gaming forum.

>Hunter becomes more complex than "press button on cooldown"
    >"OMG CLASS RUINED IM QUITTING 100 YEAR VET CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE"
    >"ALL FEEDBACK IGNORED WE JUST WANT ALL THE MOBILITY WHILE DOING TOP AOE AND SINGLETARGET DPS IS THAT SO MUCH TO ASK FOR? 100 PAGES SAYING IT MUST BE RIGHT!"

Yea, ok, good riddance. Hunters as-is on PTR are in a great spot both mechanically (they're engaging because you have to actually time your aimed shots, plan your movement and juggle focus/procs properly to play perfectly, rather than hit buttons as they come off CD) and output wise both in single target and AOE.

Quote Originally Posted by Dankdruid View Post
    weird when people say they dont care about tuning because they 'enjoy' their class.

you enjoy playing the game and doing everything you can to maximise your dps, whilst clearly outplaying other specs to still see yourself underpeform.

you must hate yourself.
    No, it's just something you can't comprehend with that narrow scope of mind you're having.

I like MM at the moment, and i would love to play survival melee if it was viable.

I'm enjoying Arcane Shot builds on PTR. I'd also like to offspec survival if the numbers weren't dog shit so I'm glad it is getting buffs.

See ya, you won't be missed.

So far the changes have been good. They addressed MM, now Survival. Still have work to do, and hopefully they'll also address BM (I don't play it, but wanna BM players to be happy as well) before patch goes live.

Deleted
    I'm not getting any love as BM, does that change what I feel for the spec? Aw hell no.
    I have fun as BM even though its the "inferior" spec, yet I can still hold my own against most MM hunters.

I hope they tune the hell outta Survival. I want to play survival, but their viability right now just isn't there.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    >Hunter becomes more complex than "press button on cooldown"
    >"OMG CLASS RUINED IM QUITTING 100 YEAR VET CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE"
    >"ALL FEEDBACK IGNORED WE JUST WANT ALL THE MOBILITY WHILE DOING TOP AOE AND SINGLETARGET DPS IS THAT SO MUCH TO ASK FOR? 100 PAGES SAYING IT MUST BE RIGHT!"

Yea, ok, good riddance. Hunters as-is on PTR are in a great spot both mechanically (they're engaging because you have to actually time your aimed shots, plan your movement and juggle focus/procs properly to play perfectly, rather than hit buttons as they come off CD) and output wise both in single target and AOE.
    To some extent i agree but bolded part, haHAA?

MM looks great imo. more choice, hell yeah. Theyre slowly tweaking survival. I reckon by nighthold, possibly just after nighthold, it may actually become competitive. At the moment it just lacks any sort of cruise dps. and the aoe is pathetic.