Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just waiting for to see the reaction of islamic leaders in germany now. Should be lovingly salty.
    #boycottchina

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Haha suddenly she has a very different point of view.

Someone wants to get reelected.

What a bad joke.
    I don't often share opinions with you, but in this you're 100% right. Merkel has seen her former lock on re-election evaporate after her foolish decisions regarding refugees/immigration. This statement from her is about as blatantly self-serving as it can get.
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    I don't often share opinions with you, but in this you're 100% right. Merkel has seen her former lock on re-election evaporate after her foolish decisions regarding refugees/immigration. This statement from her is about as blatantly self-serving as it can get.
    You're comparing different issues.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Violation of their First Amendment rights.
    Did not take long before an American believing that America is worldwide came in, and ofcourse it is Hubcap.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Merkal is complete fucking shit lord who bent germany over and fucked it's ass raw with a multicultural strap on

That being said, I think the ban is a good thing. Many people, including myself, see burqas and hijabs as symbols of hate and misogyny, not really all that different then a swastika

Burqas should be banned, as well as any loose and covering clothes ( robes ) that allow you to carry a gun/knife in buildings.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stacyrect View Post
    Merkal is complete fucking shit lord who bent germany over and fucked it's ass raw with a multicultural strap on

That being said, I think the ban is a good thing. Many people, including myself, see burqas and hijabs as symbols of hate and misogyny, not really all that different then a swastika
    The swastika isn't a symbol of anything bad.

Just because nazis used it doesn't make it so.

10+ Year Old Account
    what are their first amendment rights in Germany?
    dragonmaw - EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Burqas should be banned, as well as any loose and covering clothes ( robes ) that allow you to carry a gun/knife in buildings.

[COLOR="#417394"][SIZE=1]
    Do you know how easy it is to conceal damn near any weapon (including shotguns and rifles) in damn near any clothing? To include a sweatshirt and jeans.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

Glad they got rid of that shit. The Burqa is the physical manifestation of the opression of woman by their tiny dicks husbands. And it's not even part of their religion so everyone defending it can fuck off.

Quote Originally Posted by Stacyrect View Post

Do you apply the same standard to something such as....Confederate flag? Or have you imagined it as something other than what is a symbol for?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MysticSnow View Post
    Glad they got rid of that shit. The Burqa is the physical manifestation of the opression of woman by their tiny dicks husbands. And it's not even part of their religion so everyone defending it can fuck off.
    Oh no sane person is defending it, most rational people see it for what it is. But it's the sweet irony of merkel now backpeddling on her own political stance of invite as many migrants in as she can, only to now tell them they need to obey a rule against their deeply held religious beliefs to stay. It's delicious.
    #boycottchina

15+ Year Old Account
    As far as I can see it is nothing new but the Germany "experts" in here wouldn't ever know that debating the Burqa has been a cross-party issue since years just not one with a particular decisive direction. Some people act like Germany had only internal debates since the refugee crisis. It might be a campaign-directed statement but frankly I don't care. Be silent about an issue and you'll have people being angry about it, say something about an issue and you'll have people angry about that too, it is better to have a stance than no stance at all thus leaving it to those fishing on the far right fringe and campaigning solely based on fear, anger and other rage-y feelings. That said there is going to be a lot more old issues in new clothes becoming more streamlined into programmatic stances with the election year ahead.

PS: She also said there will be no coalition with the AfD. Quelle surprise.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Back in summer someone in her cabinet proposed a partial ban (in places like schools, uni, state offices, etc). I imagine that particular implementation is what they'll seek, and I suspect more and more EU countries will follow suit, or attempt to.

I agree. Very bluntly, we should teach them better. Not help cultivate bad philosophies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not that I wouldnt generally agree, but looks like the black queen wants to lure some stray AFD voters back in...

It may be an easy think to outlaw wearing things that cover your face in public, but it's not easy to prevent that this leads to thousands of muslim women staying at home because they are unwilling or not permitted to roam the streets. So it's not all good news, but we'll see I guess.
    Mother pus bucket!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    It may be an easy think to outlaw wearing things that cover your face in public, but it's not easy to prevent that this leads to thousands of muslim women staying at home because they are unwilling or not permitted to roam the streets. So it's not all good news, but we'll see I guess.
    thats what i said in my first post, i generally think banning them is a good thing, but i would be concerned about the impact it would actually have on the women who are forced to wear them. they will be the ones that suffer from the ban, not the husbands that are forcing them to wear it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I'm just waiting for to see the reaction of islamic leaders in germany now. Should be lovingly salty.
    something like "this isn;t fair, we should be able to opress our wives as we see fit!! rabble rabble rabble!"
    dragonmaw - EU

Trying to get reelected. Despicable woman.
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.

Are you really so stupid that you imagine in some fucked up way that one country's law over-rules another country's own body of laws?
    ---------------------------
    Oy...
    As an American (that actually does tend to view beyond his own country's borders) I'd apologize for another's ignorance/stupidity but we had a presidential election last month and I'm not entirely certain of reality these days.
    ---------------

As for the OP, it seems that there's the rare consensus here (in this very thread omg) that she's just saying stuff to get re-elected.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Personally I think that people in public have to look identifiable. If someone is fully covered in black, then it is threatening, same as wearing commando masks. Try the latter in shopping mall and see if people approve.
    Yep. Even on Halloween and the dead of winter.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

As a luchador I find this offensive.