Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Fake Hate Crimes - Two wrongs make a right?

Here is a curious thing I heard this morning. Many of the hate crimes and vandalism that were reported most recently turned out to be hoaxes.

http://twitchy.com/twitchys-3831/201...is-supporters/

This is dated news now but did not recall ever seeing a thread on this. If there was one I apologize in advance.

Do you considered these to be isolated incidents and just overreactions from the enlightened left?

What I think this calls into question is how many of these hoaxes people are taking to be real bigotry being perpetrated by actual Trump supporters. How many of us have already been affected by such reports.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some people are fucking idiots. It is not a revelation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where are their sources that all of these were falsified?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    There isn't any. It's a Questionable News Site that has more ads about how CNN is promoting "Fake News" then actual references to the stories it's claiming are fake.

I googled the first few (because like any good news site, why bother citing anything!) and at least the first 2 turned up results the backed up the article.

Because why the fuck should writers do their jobs when their readers can do them for free!

Well what I wanted to bring up is that you have people on the Left calling everyone all the negative -ists or -phobia and then you have Left people going a step further and fanning these flames of hate. We are not talking about the hate on the Right but the hate on the LEFT.

We've had Trump denounce racists acts on behalf of his supporters. He was pressed on it by the media more than once. Where is Obama of Hillary to come out to denounce these incidents of hate on their side? Why isn't the media calling out Obama or Hillary to comment on these issues like they did with Trump?

7+ Year Old Account
    I'd think the NYPD is a better source, just as an example of one city, than some internet blogger:

http://observer.com/2016/12/nypd-rep...umps-election/

Quote Originally Posted by Revik View Post
    Well what I wanted to bring up is that you have people on the Left calling everyone all the negative -ists or -phobia and then you have Left people going a step further and fanning these flames of hate. We are not talking about the hate on the Right but the hate on the LEFT.

We've had Trump denounce racists acts on behalf of his supporters. He was pressed on it by the media more than once. Where is Obama of Hillary to come out to denounce these incidents of hate on their side? Why isn't the media calling out Obama or Hillary to comment on these issues like they did with Trump?
    Because:

1. Only Trump has to answer for his supporters.

2. Things done to Trump and his supporters are a okay.

One of those, minimum.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    New York City voted blue, so they're obviously in cahoots with the Democrats.
    Yes, we know how much them liberals LOVE the NYPD

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Clearly these hoaxes are perpetrated by Trump supporters posing as liberals in an attempt to discredit the statistics about hate crimes /sarcasm.

This seems to just strengthen the narrative that the right is trying to sell that there isnt any hatecrimes being committed. All you need is multiple instances that people can remember and point at to start discrediting the hundreds of instances where a hatecrime was really being committed. It doesnt need to be a statistically significant number, you just need a few stories people can spread through social media.

I agree with Noxx79, you need objective statistics. Subjective numbers and stories will just get twisted to fit whatever view someone has. Some will become multiple, multiple will become many, and many will become most.

I just have to shake my head. The supporters of inclusion and love couldn't be more hateful if people are openly supporting this these acts of hate.

Tell me, friend, when did Saruman the Wise abandon reason for MADNESS?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gqvFgo-sS0

10+ Year Old Account
    We need to stop saying "liberals and conservatives" or "left and right". We're all capable of lying regardless of our political affiliation.

It looks like some of these may have been hoaxes. Certainly not all, we all know that hate crimes do exist and do happen. It's ridiculous that people feel the need to stoop so low.

Deleted
    Desinformations have many faces.

One type of desinformation is to create fake news and to debunk them yourself afterwards, to create the idea all the news about the same topic could be faked.

We need to stop saying "liberals and conservatives" or "left and right". We're all capable of lying regardless of our political affiliation.

It looks like some of these may have been hoaxes. Certainly not all, we all know that hate crimes do exist and do happen. It's ridiculous that people feel the need to stoop so low.
    "Stop Trump Hitler and his army of deplorable Nazis" says I can't wait for the 2020 version of pretending to be above hate and mudslinging.

I'm more than willing as long we have people stop calling all Trump supporters all kinds of -ists and -phobic. Another favorite is "uneducated".

Getting back on topic I agree that these hoaxes are in the minority and do not represent the reality. But really calling for a bit of healthy scientific skepticism whenever these kinds of sensationalism is presented.

However, I am not encouraged by the other posters who essentially plug their fingers into their ears and deny these things happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    "Stop Trump Hitler and his army of deplorable Nazis" says I can't wait for the 2020 version of pretending to be above hate and mudslinging.
    http://nypost.com/2016/12/05/report-...st-white-kids/

It doesn't help when you have organizations like the SPLC that exist only to inflate the number of hate crimes reported against certain groups while suppressing reports of similar actions against other groups.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

15+ Year Old Account

I never quite understood that sheer amount of cognitive dissonance people stoop to to actually claim that hate crimes aren't a thing and that racism and bigotry aren't a major part of US culture.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revik View Post

Well, Obama and Hillary aren't trying to get elected (anymore in Hillary's case). But every time I see thread like these, I feel like I have to remind people that we're discussing some ultra-tiny fraction of a really, really huge base. Something like 40% of the country is solidly on "the left", and 99.9999% of those on the left aren't doing stupid shit like this.

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    I never quite understood that sheer amount of cognitive dissonance people stoop to to actually claim that hate crimes aren't a thing and that racism and bigotry aren't a major part of US culture.
    It is true as long as both sides acknowledge that the existence happens on both ends of the spectrum and neither have some moral high horse from which to claim that it is only on your side. Similar to your signature.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I just don't hold the crazies up in either side as examples of their general populations. Tends to work out for me pretty good. There needs to be a clear trend and some organization before I start to think it's actually worth caring about.