Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Don't try to act smart, whenever right wingers do it they all fail horribly (like now).

Obama has never tries to appeal to people's fear of the others
    Trump has done nothing but

One person empowers them the other one doesn't

Correlation does equal causation in this case, or if you don't want to believe me why not just google the crap that comes out of the white-supremacist/alt right because they disagree with you
    How is Trump empowering them? I followed his campaign rather closely, even attending a rally. Nothing he has spoken to or promoted, that I'm aware of, directly promotes or empowers the kind of behavior you claim he's responsible for.

Why would going to white supremacist/alt right websites prove that Trump is responsible? I could care less if they disagree with me, hell I never even knew 'alt right' was actually a thing till it popped up on the news as a scape goat for clintons loss. You aren't making any sense, nor are you even making an arguement that Trump is responsible.

I'm not a right winger, lefty

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Read em and weep lefty's

http://www.fakehatecrimes.org/
    Your signature is appropriate. Just saying, some of those aren't evidence of hoaxes, so they don't even have 261 hoaxes. even if they did have that, how does that relate? There are tons and people have been more open about there racists and xenophobic views since Trump has been elected.

It makes sense that hate crimes will increase some what, but yes, there are hoaxes. I was robbed but never reported it to the police because they would have no reason to believe me. Some of these listed hoaxes are listed as such because the person chooses not to have the matter looked into ... that isn't evidence of a hoax.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    The topic is about a rise in hate crimes since Trump was elected, and how nearly all the high profile ones have turned out to be hoaxes. I fail to see the relevance of 2014 data showing slight increases or whatever.
    Because Trump is a time traveling neonazi, you didn't know that?

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    New York City voted blue, so they're obviously in cahoots with the Democrats.
    They are not. And the News is misleading. Hate Crime in NY, is yelling Trump in front of hillary supporter or mexicans. And it is about uptick in reports of Hate Crime, NOT actual hate crime. Use your brain, NY is a blue state. It is full of Immigrants. Are you saying immigrants are doing hate crimes on behalf of Trump?

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Your signature is appropriate. Just saying, some of those aren't evidence of hoaxes, so they don't even have 261 hoaxes. even if they did have that, how does that relate? There are tons and people have been more open about there racists and xenophobic views since Trump has been elected.

It makes sense that hate crimes will increase some what, but yes, there are hoaxes. I was robbed but never reported it to the police because they would have no reason to believe me. Some of these listed hoaxes are listed as such because the person chooses not to have the matter looked into ... that isn't evidence of a hoax.
    Then why accept their claim as valid? And why does it make sense the hate crime will increase? Last time i checked, It was not Trump Supporters who are ACTUALLY beating up people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    I never quite understood that sheer amount of cognitive dissonance people stoop to to actually claim that hate crimes aren't a thing and that racism and bigotry aren't a major part of US culture.
    It is not. Show me actual statistical proof for your claim. Hate crimes are not a thing. People are not going to rob people just because they are black.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Revik View Post
    I just have to shake my head. The supporters of inclusion and love couldn't be more hateful if people are openly supporting this these acts of hate.

Tell me, friend, when did Saruman the Wise abandon reason for MADNESS?
    The supreme hypocrisy and dishonesty, which could well be counted as their core tenets, make these "progressive" and "tolerant" shitsacks even more despicable.

Day after day we get ore proof of the majority of these so-called "liberals" being nothing more than totaliarists and hatemongers. These sub-humans have nothing to do with actual liberalism, on which the modern Western society is based on.

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    The supreme hypocrisy and dishonesty, which could well be counted as their core tenets, make these "progressive" and "tolerant" shitsacks even more despicable.

Day after day we get ore proof of the majority of these so-called "liberals" being nothing more than totaliarists and hatemongers. These sub-humans have nothing to do with actual liberalism, on which the modern Western society is based on.
    I don't want to go so far as name calling which there is already more than enough of going around. What I wanted to bring up was the apparent hypocrisy of the MSM requesting (or demanding depending on your perspective) from Trump to denounce such acts which he has. I brought up these fake hate crimes pointing to the fact this stuff is happening and someone from the Left should be standing up to these acts and denouncing these as well and yet no one has. The MSM hasn't covered this and they have not also requested Obama our sitting president to denounce these acts.

Now you could make the argument that Trump has not done it as emphatically as someone people would want but it is undeniable that he has denounced them which is more than can be said from ANYONE on the left.
    Last edited by Revik; 2016-12-07 at 05:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    Well, Obama and Hillary aren't trying to get elected (anymore in Hillary's case). But every time I see thread like these, I feel like I have to remind people that we're discussing some ultra-tiny fraction of a really, really huge base. Something like 40% of the country is solidly on "the left", and 99.9999% of those on the left aren't doing stupid shit like this.
    You're right, but I think that if what the far right keeps doing is relevant to keep hearing about, what the far left does should be too. My gripe is that using a small fraction of the right to smear the entire right is apparently ok with a lot of people. Hillary thought it was ok to call half of the right deplorable. I mean ideally both sides would stop... but an article making it clear the group is super extremist and not representative of the left/right whatsoever wouldn't get the views.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou View Post
    You're right, but I think that if what the far right keeps doing is relevant to keep hearing about, what the far left does should be too. My gripe is that using a small fraction of the right to smear the entire right is apparently ok with a lot of people. Hillary thought it was ok to call half of the right deplorable. I mean ideally both sides would stop... but an article making it clear the group is super extremist and not representative of the left/right whatsoever wouldn't get the views.
    I assume that she, like the media, had to have it explained why it was even bad to say that. People who live in a bubble think anyone outside the bubble is shit.
    Last edited by Tijuana; 2016-12-07 at 06:49 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by artemishunter1 View Post
    Then why accept their claim as valid? And why does it make sense the hate crime will increase? Last time i checked, It was not Trump Supporters who are ACTUALLY beating up people.
    Because those people feel THEY won, so they are going to be more bold. People who wouldn't have done something will. They feel that it will be acceptable. Will it be a spike? No, but will there be an increase, yes.

I don't accept a claim of a hate crime as valid, but I also don't dismiss it because of a stupid reason as a hoax. I don't make a claim either way, claiming it is a hoax requires as much evidence as claiming it is valid.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code