Guild recruited a new H Pally, Help with opinion?

So, my guild recruited a new Holy Paladin, and I'm looking at his character scratching my head, we're pushing Mythic ToV now, after clearing Mythic EN and usually that means higher standards. Nevertheless; here's his Armory.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...yholy/advanced

Now what troubles me is, the no Int gem... which i could understand waiting for a better item.. I get that. But.. what is weird, is the 300 Mastery Neck enchant, I mean why not go for Mark of the Claw. It's similar in price, and I don't really see where you could justify going for the mastery, other than it's a pure stat, no proc.

I couldn't find his logs anywhere, via WoW heroes or anything.. lmk if you can.

Thanks.

Have you tried talking to him?

The int gem is a minor hps increase but if you want to be a stickler about it and considering the fact that you guys are progressing mythic ToV, he really should equip it. As far as the neck enchant is concerned please do note that Mark of the Claw only procs from offensive spells, like Judgement and Holy Prism. If he doesn't play Judgement build (which is the case) cause you might be having a prot paladin in the raid then his neck enchant is justified.

Other than that, his gearing choices and enchants seem in place but without logs you can't really tell if he's playing sub optimally.

Quote Originally Posted by CollateralGaming View Post
    So, my guild recruited a new Holy Paladin, and I'm looking at his character scratching my head, we're pushing Mythic ToV now, after clearing Mythic EN and usually that means higher standards. Nevertheless; here's his Armory.

Now what troubles me is, the no Int gem... which i could understand waiting for a better item.. I get that. But.. what is weird, is the 300 Mastery Neck enchant, I mean why not go for Mark of the Claw. It's similar in price, and I don't really see where you could justify going for the mastery, other than it's a pure stat, no proc.

Thanks.
    A couple things.

Mark of the claw is not good for a holy paladin, his mastery is low so he should in fact be using trained soldier.

Second thing, him not having an int gem is a little concerning that he doesn't min/max his gear properly. Although it's a minimal increase to HPS... it does show a judgment of character in terms of him being the best he can possibly be.

Other then that he doesn't seems to have invested a ton of time into his gear, seeing how he has 0 mythic + pieces. Which the majority of our bis can come from.

Do you have logs of this guy? I suppose I could look it up myself but I'm being lazy today :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CollateralGaming View Post

Thanks.
    Who are you to the guild? Are you the GM, raid leader or healing leader? Kinda weird that you'd come on here in a way ratting out your own new recruit instead of discussing about it personally with him.

Would be like coming on a board to talk about your wife's weird toenail chewing habit and then linking her FB page.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

He's got Pandaria CM gear, must be leet, bro.

Honestly unless his logs are complete trash you have no leg to stand on.. Trained Soldier is better than Claw and whilst he isn't min maxing to the best he could be.. a 200 int gem over a 150 crit gem really isn't that much of a healing increase.
    My FC is 1177 - 6552 - 9842 PM with yours if you add.

Here are some reasons they may be looking to replace you:

> Don't fit in socially with the guild
    > Bad attitude during raids (complaining about this or that)
    > Poor mechanical play
    > Raid logging (can't do it this expansion, should be getting close to artifact trait 35 if you're a 7/7m raider)
    > Your logs aren't horrible, but this guy has the BIS shoulders, so his might be insane

Or, maybe they just want to run two HPals? So I went back and took a closer look at your logs, and I think the #1 area where you can improve is tank healing. Heal those motherfuckin tanks homie, that's our niche.
    Last edited by youswas; 2016-12-07 at 07:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Who are you to the guild? Are you the GM, raid leader or healing leader? Kinda weird that you'd come on here in a way ratting out your own new recruit instead of discussing about it personally with him.

Would be like coming on a board to talk about your wife's weird toenail chewing habit and then linking her FB page.
    He is just asking, if u are not adding anything, just dont waste your time saying shit.
    OP, as a holydin myself, there is nothing wrong with his gear and chants. The only thing is really the 200 + int. For mythic progression, everyone knows that even the lil upgrade to you matters. Just talk to him about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post

Thanks for saving me the effort of asking the same thing. Strange thread.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Balinos View Post
    He is just asking, if u are not adding anything, just dont waste your time saying shit.
    If I were an officer in that guild and saw the OP come to a very public forum questioning the new recruit choice publicly, while giving an armory link, I'd be a bit pissed. If the OP wanted to ask this outside the normal channel (discuss it with the new recruit of the guild leadership first) then he should have asked in an anonymous way (I.e. Not link the recruit's armory).

At least that's my opinion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    If I were an officer in that guild and saw the OP come to a very public forum questioning the new recruit choice publicly, while giving an armory link, I'd be a bit pissed. If the OP wanted to ask this outside the normal channel (discuss it with the new recruit of the guild leadership first) then he should have asked in an anonymous way (I.e. Not link the recruit's armory).

At least that's my opinion.
    If you were an officer,... imagine being the guy...

I could find exactly 1 public log of him in higher than LFR content(his current guild's log from this wednesday); https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...5&type=healing

Don't really see him performing that bad, and honestly gear changes such as enchants/gems are rarely worth fuck all. It's the playstyle that makes up 90% of your healing.

I sort of am following this thread as I'm in the same predicament as his pally in question - except I'm trying to improve.

I am the healing officer in the guild that the OP is referring to. This is COMPLETELY out of bounds. Said paladin is performing very well and we are killing bosses. OP had absolutely no business doing this and im wondering what his motivations are since he had already been told to STFU about this shit. Disregard this post and go on about your day. Thank you.

p.s. Meradith = Juleah

Quote Originally Posted by Meradith View Post
    I am the healing officer in the guild that the OP is referring to. This is COMPLETELY out of bounds. Said paladin is performing very well and we are killing bosses. OP had absolutely no business doing this and im wondering what his motivations are since he had already been told to STFU about this shit. Disregard this post and go on about your day. Thank you.

p.s. Meradith = Juleah
    His motivation is probably that he was so sure of himself being some kind of hpally genius the idea that someone could do things differently was completely alien to him. As pointed out in this thread, he's wrong. As also pointed out in this thread, he pulled a dick move and it's now biting him in the ass.

Quote Originally Posted by meradith View Post
    i am the healing officer in the guild that the op is referring to. This is completely out of bounds. Said paladin is performing very well and we are killing bosses. Op had absolutely no business doing this and im wondering what his motivations are since he had already been told to stfu about this shit. Disregard this post and go on about your day. Thank you.

P.s. Meradith = juleah
    hahahahahahahahahahaha

Top kek fam. This is why I internet on a regular basis.

Aveline's amazing work!

OP rekt hard af