Shadow Priest Legendary Ring (The Twins' Painful Touch) on PTR...

Just noticed from the PTR, the updated effect requires to use Mind Spike to trigger the effect of The Twins' Painful Touch...

The Twins' Painful Touch

Completely ridiculous. Another useless legendary! GG...

Deleted
    Im not sure if i should laugh or cry. Well, i guess its good i dont have it.

Im not sure what is their point in changing legendary items, new cloak was buffed from 50% extra dmg for SW to 125%

Deleted
    Wait a sec... does a mean the ring will proc only if you have mindspike talented? Or what does that Equip: Mind spike mean... that the ring will let you use mind spike even if you have STM or LOTV talented?

this is just bad datamining. on the ptr it only works on flay and nothing will spread if you use mind spike (it takes away your dots now anyways)

Quote Originally Posted by rinelki View Post
    Wait a sec... does a mean the ring will proc only if you have mindspike talented? Or what does that Equip: Mind spike mean... that the ring will let you use mind spike even if you have STM or LOTV talented?
    99% likely that it's either not done or works with Mind Flay primarily. Threads like these are always worthless and always stupid. There's not a single legendary in the game that REQUIRES a talent.

Quote Originally Posted by kalaratic View Post
    this is just bad datamining. on the ptr it only works on flay and nothing will spread if you use mind spike (it takes away your dots now anyways)
    You verified it today? Cause there was a new build deployed to the PTR recently with the extended DoT duration change... (Just wondering)

Quote Originally Posted by Cymocethia View Post
    You verified it today? Cause there was a new build deployed to the PTR recently with the extended DoT duration change... (Just wondering)
    ya this is from the new build. took a pic of it just now after selecting mind spike:

Deleted
    Spreading it on the main filler spell. So you cant hold it off for when there are actually adds. Nice...

Quote Originally Posted by Tinie View Post
    Spreading it on the main filler spell. So you cant hold it off for when there are actually adds. Nice...
    Yup, that's the main issue currently with this legendary in its current PTR version. When I saw the datamined item from wowdb, I thought it was an intentional change to pair it to mind spike in order to work around the problem which mind flay bring, being the main filler spell... to be continued...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    99% likely that it's either not done or works with Mind Flay primarily. Threads like these are always worthless and always stupid. There's not a single legendary in the game that REQUIRES a talent.
    Except ww have a Legendary which requires a talent, which almost noone uses even when they have the legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by Simsan View Post
    Except ww have a Legendary which requires a talent, which almost noone uses even when they have the legendary.
    Are you referring to drinking horn legendary? If so, that's not a talent

Quote Originally Posted by Simsan View Post
    What legendary is this? Because even without knowing all the WW legs, I'm still sure that no legendary requires a talent (and won't).

Deleted
    What legendary is this? Because even without knowing all the WW legs, I'm still sure that no legendary requires a talent (and won't).
    The Wrist extend the duration of the Storm, Earth and Fire spell it's baseline but most monks play with Serenity as their 100 talent as far as i know which replaces Storm, Earth and Fire. So you can only choose between two 100 talents if you want to use the wrists.

Quote Originally Posted by -Septic- View Post
    The Wrist extend the duration of the Storm, Earth and Fire spell it's baseline but most monks play with Serenity as their 100 talent as far as i know which replaces Storm, Earth and Fire. So you can only choose between two 100 talents if you want to use the wrists.
    Which is the opposite of requiring a talent. Yes it limits choices, but it doesn't only work with a talent ability.

Which is the opposite of requiring a talent. Yes it limits choices, but it doesn't only work with a talent ability.
    Does it make a difference though? Serenity is the go to talent choice for Windwalkers (like StM is for Shadow Priests when they're raiding) which makes the Legendary nearly useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Does it make a difference though? Serenity is the go to talent choice for Windwalkers (like StM is for Shadow Priests when they're raiding) which makes the Legendary nearly useless.
    You obviously missed the point that there's absolutely 0% chance that this legendary will go from proccing from Mind Sear to proccing from a rarely used talent. Only a moron would believe that.

It does also make a difference, but the main one is that those bracers didn't once proc from Rising Sun Kick and then start proccing from Leg Sweep.