Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I actually think each person needs to decide for themselves. For example, I bought into the avalanche hype after reading this thread and when we were doing Odyn last night, I did not have pillar up for the rune phases. That is a big deal to me because I have the legendary ring that gives haste if I can stun them which requires pillar. It was a big loss to me in that particular fight to use avalanche because of that simple fight and gear specific mechanic.

Everyone is trying to paint it as a black and white always this or always that, when in reality the two are pretty closely aligned and you can make informed decisions that will impact your particular fight/gear/style. I agree with schizoide on this one, the only wrong choice is HRW.

What scenarios would avalanche be better than icecap with legendary wrist?

Quote Originally Posted by Woop Woop View Post
    What scenarios would avalanche be better than icecap with legendary wrist?
    Off the top of my head it would be fights with add phases that happen every 60-70 seconds. Or bar that, fights with super heavy add phases like Helya where you can hit tons of mobs with avalanche.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanakk View Post
    LOL who is qouting the useless icy veins... ggwp

1. its like i stated... if you playing +10 m+ you would take icecap cause you need focus dps mobs living longer

if you doing boosting or +2-+9 you would take avalance... evrybody doing it...

so please you can post ur arguments but please dont quote that useless website

look for example people like tegu from serenity he also running with avalanche and he has braces and belt...

if you need to kill adds ASAP avalanche is much much stronger then icecap

and i told about dragons HC not mythic... in hc you doing the nuke tactic where u dmg them together ... avalanche is there much stonger as well... in mythic ofc you will be taking icecap

for example for lower keys...
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...ost&keystone=7
    I'm pretty sure you have that reversed. Avalanche would be a dps gain on single target to burst down big trash while Icecap is better for controlling lower priority mobs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elerubard View Post
    I'm pretty sure you have that reversed. Avalanche would be a dps gain on single target to burst down big trash while Icecap is better for controlling lower priority mobs.
    nono, avalanche is just broken on aoe trashmob fights...
    if the BOSS fight is short you take avalanche, if the boss fight is longer you take icecap!