Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Can also confirm on the invis balls
    Even the visible balls, it seems sometimes they can pass near you without getting stunned, other times they stun you from far away (like having an aggro boss like aura)
    While trying to track it, it seems to be impacted by them traveling trough bosses .. which causes them to behave abnormally

Quote Originally Posted by ohlins View Post
    Maybe look at the link that I quoted?
    Irrelevant. The same issue is happening to a monk in the OP, and they *don't* have apparitions, which means it probably is not an issue based on shadowy apparitions. Hence my comment - "since when did monks get shadowy apparitions (because you seem to think that's what's triggering it, but we have hard evidence of a different class being affected)".

7+ Year Old Account
    Whole RAID is bugged as hell.
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

I had it happen to me a few times but never mentioned it because I figured maybe I was just tunneling during voidform. But now I feel better

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Irrelevant. The same issue is happening to a monk in the OP, and they *don't* have apparitions, which means it probably is not an issue based on shadowy apparitions. Hence my comment - "since when did monks get shadowy apparitions (because you seem to think that's what's triggering it, but we have hard evidence of a different class being affected)".
    Not to mention that if it was about apparitions, Shadow Priests would never make it past phase 2 alive. This fight has lots of multi doting = lots of apparitions = pretty much constant stunning. And yet it doesn't happen exclusively to them.

Either way, it's just a mess. Some attempts it's totally fine. The other, stuns coming out of nowhere and making it much harder to heal. A mechanic that's already annoying is made even worse by visual bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Not to mention that if it was about apparitions, Shadow Priests would never make it past phase 2 alive. This fight has lots of multi doting = lots of apparitions = pretty much constant stunning. And yet it doesn't happen exclusively to them.

Either way, it's just a mess. Some attempts it's totally fine. The other, stuns coming out of nowhere and making it much harder to heal. A mechanic that's already annoying is made even worse by visual bugs.
    As mentioned earlier in the thread, I don't even think it's a visual bug. The OP gif of the monk isn't visual; That's pure and blatant balls warping around. There's simply no way for a ball to have reached that position, from their spawn points, by the time he gets stunned. There's a good 1.5-2 seconds till the first ball gets to where he's standing, EVEN if it had a trajectory STRAIGHT for him. At that point, it's impossible that it's *visual*. It's the balls deciding they're much further ahead in their path than they actually are.

Quote Originally Posted by arr0gance View Post
    Perhaps if you didn't play WoW on a TI-84 you'd have better results dodging raid mechanics.
    Then feel free to send the money for an appropriate upgrade.
    All major credit cards accepted via my paypal.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

I've only seen this happen to me once and of course a sword spawned on me right after. I don't know if it happened to me more than that but I have been surprised stunned a couple more times.

Honestly, a mechanic like this with the potential to kill you due to with no way to get out should not be bugged to be unavoidable.

Guild was attempting H Odyn last night and I was noticing this as well.

Balls would appear to be far away and then stun me, or they would be going through me and doing nothing. Thought I was having issues with paying attention or something.

You can clearly see the ball that disappears when he gets "hit". He was in line to get hit by the ball but it was still miles away. This seems like an issue between client / server synchronization. A similar thing happened back in the days with Yogg-Saron's add clouds in p1.
    You may now kiss the ring.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's happened to be once in LFR too but I'm pretty sure it's a latency issue.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arr0gance View Post
    Perhaps if you didn't play WoW on a TI-84 you'd have better results dodging raid mechanics.
    User name checks out.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    In both situations it seems like player abilites are being interpreted as their hitbox, being shadowy apparitions and monk statues.
    Last edited by ohlins; 2016-12-09 at 06:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ohlins View Post
    In both situations it seems like player abilites are being interpreted as their hitbox, being shadowy apparitions and monk statues.
    Try again. The monk statue is nowhere *near* the ball that disappears. It's on the other side of the room. The ball you want to look for is the one that spawns from the top-most spear, that's going in the exact direction the monk is standing, and blinks out of existence after a second or two. The monk statue, on the other hand, is off FAR to the left, and nothing intersects it (it's despawned before a orb reaches, and put back up behind an orb that's already passed).

It has NOTHING to do with what you said.

This happened to us on HC Odyn as well. Really not fun wiping to a bug T_T