Tranquility in m+

Using tranquility in higher m+ (8+ and above) I always find myself very uncomfortable - Either people drop faster than it heals or tank is getting spanked while others are getting up - Sometimes I even stop casting in order to keep tank alive - In ideal situation on very big pulls and expected big aoe group damage I can prepare group with hots and wild growth if necessarily then go with the tranquility, but on some mods where people suddenly start dropping extremely fast, I always find myself panicking what to do - I tend to fast wg with essence of ghanir, cw on tank with swiftmend (I have legendary bracers that extend hots) and then go with tranquility. However, sometimes I skip tranq and just fast spam double rejuvenation with cultivation talent on party - It gives me more control and I can dispel or ironbark target if needed.
    What do you guys do, how do you manage tranquility in m+?

Druid isn't fantastic at dealing with group burst damage, so in some ways, you just have to work around it.

One way is as follows:
    - Group takes heavy damage
    - Hot the tank up, then Tranquility.

Or
    - Iron bark + CW the tank (uses 1 GCD)
    - Then tranquility

Bottom line is, If you want tranquility to be efficient, either you need to let the tank know to use a defensive CD, or you have to hot him up really well If he is going to take heavy damage.

- - - Updated - - -

ALso do not forget, keeping hots rolling with all your party members, to benefit from the Artifact weapon golden traits when using WIld Growth. You might not even need tranquility at all.

Deleted
    The worst thing about Tranq in M+ is that it'll heal the tank when he's at 100% and apply a lovely Overflow stack... I just make sure I've pre-hotted and if need be WG + Flourish + Artifact ability. I've probably used Tranq maybe 5 times in anything above 9 and 4 of those 5 times I would have interrupted it to regrowth/swiftmend someone taking more damage than anyone else.

The tank is usually okay, chuck a swiftmend and a CW in if you're worried.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurathansal View Post
    ALso do not forget, keeping hots rolling with all your party members, to benefit from the Artifact weapon golden traits when using WIld Growth. You might not even need tranquility at all.
    This is V good. it's anticipating damage to a degree.

Heck, as you can drink between packs it's worth keeping rejuve on party members anyway then if you need a WG you get quite a bit of healing.
    Then a flourish if the tank has CW + group has WG means even more healing.

What i usually do is let it tick 2-3 times to get everyone to no danger levels and cast other heals on the one thst need it most.

I use it as an oh-shit heal, when u have everything hottet and the group is still dropping hard. It usually works well.
    As I recall, it mostly happens when there is a lot of movement needed, especially when the healer myself needs to move and u dont even have dat second to cast WG anymore, yet hots are all up on targets.

This is the only way it works for me, though. If u have no hots on ur targets, tranq is useless.

Deleted
    I like playing with abundance in higher mythic + for exactly those moments. Instant healing touches and 100% crit regrowth spams is underrated. Also I don't feel like CW is doing much, as most well geared tanks are self-sustaining. With the drape of shame and high amount of haste and low amount of crit your regrowth will show impressing numbers.

I only really use tranq in m+ on bosses that have mechanics that hit the whole group; most bosses don't spike the tank too hard and it's obviously more efficient than double rejuving everyone. Usually not more than 1-2 casts over the course of an m+

I rarely use is in M+, it's a waste of time unless you have no other options which is rare.

If i'm going to use it, I might toss on a Wild Growth (I have WG Leg Ring) with Artifact or Flouish.

The two times I use it (off the top of my head)

Are when I actually know I am save from the next burst of damage.

EX) Nelth, first boss. If I already used Flourish Artifact, and he does his stomp, the Tranq will quickly heal up the party members. Like others said, keep your tank hotted but that should be done already.

EX) I'm running low on mana, I have a bunch of HoTs up but its DHT and there's mushrooms spawning every where and people are still standing in them, running around casting Tranq is another example.

There's a few other spots but yeah it doesn't get used as much as Raiding.

remember to keep all your hots up before you use it to benefit as much as you can from your mastery with your tranq

I usually use it after WG and flourish and geta large mastery bonus on it and I find it very effective, but the highest I've healed is 12s

it's also nice as a mana-saver in tyrannical, yeah though, tranq has had issues in 5man settings ever since blizz removed the stacking hot effect from it at the start of wod

it's not an instant oh shit button like sac aura or revival or ascendance can be in these things, but it isn't really in raids anymore either, healing is just the weakest it's been relative to max hp since like the start of cata
    Last edited by ryklin; 2016-12-08 at 09:32 PM.