Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What happens to Mythic Plus when Nighthold comes out

The gear item level increment from mythic plus is too small, I guess no one will do them anymore when nighthold comes out? there will be no reason to do so because the item level gap will be huge when compared to gear from Nighthold

Or just do what they have already done and increase the cap?

Quote Originally Posted by imunreal View Post
    Or just do what they have already done and increase the cap?

Does not work, because the hitpoints and damage scale up in a way where the itemlevel that drops cannot keep up. It becomes harder and harder, relatively.

They said they will get retuned and adjust the rewards in a Q&A.

Blizzard has already stated that the Base ilvl and Difficulty will be scaling with the realease of higher tiers, to keep them relevant in the Gearing curve and challenging.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    They said they will get retuned and adjust the rewards in a Q&A.
    They said they will retune them in 7.2. I'm worried they'll just raise the rewards from mythic 13+ wich would be ridiculous, because at 10+ some dungeons are just retarded even if you have higher ilvl (I still have nightmares with enforcers on CoS + fortified)

Well - technically no-one stops them from making a whole new tier of M+ -> for example from 15+ to 20+. With new rewards and affixes.

Anyway - for me M+ are way more fun and engaging experience, then raids (regardless of the drops). So after HC Nighthold I'll just go back to M+.

Quote Originally Posted by Syld View Post
    (I still have nightmares with enforcers on CoS + fortified)
    You can LoS the detonation so your nightmares are a bit "misplaced" for search of a better word.

Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    You can LoS the detonation so your nightmares are a bit "misplaced" for search of a better word.
    I guess he was speaking about imps..?

He said enforcers specifically. And yeah detonation hurts on those with fortified if you don't LoS it. In any case, I'd say CoS is one of the dungeons least hit by fortified, due to the low amount of trash. The imps can be stunned/incaped/blinded/(typhooned maybe?), the detonation can be LoSed and that's about it.

PS: We're getting off topic.
    Last edited by Adramelch; 2016-12-07 at 01:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by coprax View Post
    Does not work, because the hitpoints and damage scale up in a way where the itemlevel that drops cannot keep up. It becomes harder and harder, relatively.
    You do know that is purely just numbers? All they need to do is increase the rewards given. Numbers like this can be changed easily. Nothing mechanical needs to change....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vitinariy View Post
    Well - technically no-one stops them from making a whole new tier of M+ -> for example from 15+ to 20+. With new rewards and affixes.

Anyway - for me M+ are way more fun and engaging experience, then raids (regardless of the drops). So after HC Nighthold I'll just go back to M+.
    Probably a M+20 would be harder than Nighthold Mythic (as M+15 are WAY harder than EN Mythic)

Quote Originally Posted by javislaterlp View Post
    Probably a M+20 would be harder than Nighthold Mythic (as M+15 are WAY harder than EN Mythic)
    Quite a few bosses EN Mythic is easier then ToV HC. But yeah, I have probably exaggerated there. =)

They already said that for Nighthold they will bump up the maximum ilvl from m+ and for Tomb of Sargeras they will completely retune all dungeon difficulties and increase rewards appropriately, so that the RELATIVE DIFFICULTY (I know most posters here aren't bright, but please google the word relative), will stay the same while providing meaningful upgrades.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    They already said that for Nighthold they will bump up the maximum ilvl from m+ and for Tomb of Sargeras they will completely retune all dungeon difficulties and increase rewards appropriately, so that the RELATIVE DIFFICULTY (I know most posters here aren't bright, but please google the word relative), will stay the same while providing meaningful upgrades.
    What he said. Someone who said they would adjust the baseline difficulty would just make it impossible for newly dinged alts to make it into M+ without getting slaughtered. Personally, I don't care if I'm doing M+30 at some point, as long as the dungeon's don't become a bore, I'm good.

Deleted
    I exclusively play M+ now. I'd normally raid but because I work shifts now I can't so M+ so far has been very nice for me to stay competitive.

I'm also a bit worried because when nighthold comes out there will, of course, be tier gear. The bonuses blow anything else out of the water generally.

A change I'd like to see if maybe tier dropping from the box at the end of the week if you complete certain levels or something.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mstg View Post
    The gear item level increment from mythic plus is too small, I guess no one will do them anymore when nighthold comes out? there will be no reason to do so because the item level gap will be huge when compared to gear from Nighthold
    Isn't the Mythic+ levels going higher than 15? I'm not sure if it's when Nighthold comes or later in a patch. But I'm pretty sure they are going higher.

All they need to do is the following (numbers are merely an example)

M5 gives 850 loot now.
    M5 gives 870 loot during 7.2
    during 7.2 mythic cap is raised from 15 to 20.

Done. Throw in a feat of strength for those who've done 10+ before the cap was raised to 20, and another Feat for those who did 15.

10+ Year Old Account
    Basically, sky isn't falling. The plan is to retune Mythic+ with each tier, so high-level Mythics are still challenging in high-end gear as tiers progress, and be a bit more generous with item levels at low ranks so players who want to run Mythic+ at lower ranks don't suddenly start getting creamed by mobs intended for Tomb of Sargeras gear.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by javislaterlp View Post
    luckily we have mythic helya.

do that without any hunters or priests, harder than mythic+25.