New volcanic affix animation

Do you like it? It feels like i am blind if i am not staring at my feet. Old one was not perfect too, but at least i could see it with peripheral vision. I dunno why, but i can see all other voids except volcanic without constant looking at my character feet.

yep new animation really terrible, the old one was much better

is it affected by ur particle density settings?

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Well, i play ele shaman and im very VERY glad they changed it.

We have a passive proc on an artefact gold trait that looks EXACTLY like the old model.

Particle GFX used when the old-model volcano is about to erupt is the same as when you cast lavaburst. Dumbest design choice ever.

Still not 100% ideal now but atleast its an improvement. Also old volcano was invisible on eoa 2nd boss when u stood on the little islands...

Also old volcano was invisible on eoa 2nd boss when u stood on the little islands...
    Same for new one. Or anywhere with height differences. But when you can see it, better than the old one.

The main issue with volcanic is still the inconsistency, you never really know what wave or void zone and so on is coded as "npc" and might spawn volcanic.

Quote Originally Posted by roi View Post
    The main issue with volcanic is still the inconsistency, you never really know what wave or void zone and so on is coded as "npc" and might spawn volcanic.
    Mouse over their challenger debuff for any mob in any mythic+ and you will see what effects they cause. This applies for volcanic, bolster, raging, and passives like necrotic etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Liked the old animation a lot more. They were bright and noticeable (except underwater). Now I have to look for black rocks that don't stand out at all.
    Kerathane Main DK