Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I'm not so sure maybe I'm just imagining it but... I think I remember that they threw a blue post or official statement saying that marks would have very low droprate from BGs, and that rated arenas would have quite a higher chance of drop.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    You can try to do arenas, i was doing 3c3 and 2c2 to get te mount and elite set, and this week i got 20 of those marks, i guess i do like.. 40 arenas aprox.

very slow grind to solo farm these. increase your chance to win = increase chance to get tokens. PVP with friends or a guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Where do I even spend those? I have like 40-something in my bag.
    All of the old pvp vendors. They are used to buy transmog sets from previous seasons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Riistov View Post
    All of the old pvp vendors. They are used to buy transmog sets from previous seasons.
    Sucks, since I have it on my Monk and already have all the MoP and WoD sets unlocked, it's pretty much useless for me unless I want to unlock weapons or something. Don't have any Monk armor sets to unlock with them.

They should have made it currency for other stuff like PvP pots or something.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Sucks, since I have it on my Monk and already have all the MoP and WoD sets unlocked, it's pretty much useless for me unless I want to unlock weapons or something. Don't have any Monk armor sets to unlock with them.
    They should be tradeable between accounts, so you can use your current tokens for buying "transmog" gear.

Unrelated note, I've gotten several tokens, but found the biggest drop chance and amount, I would acquire through arenas and not BGs

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I still get them all the time from the green bonus box drops but still that's a very RNG source.

Recently there was a BG weekend event got 5 for the quest, on multiple characters is a "reliable" way to get some more that week.

Also sometimes I get order hall missions for some.

Thankfully they are BoA.
    Last edited by Teri; 2016-12-20 at 08:58 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by johndo View Post
    Dalaran quest gives some this week for winning some bgs.
    Don't know if it's the same for us servers.
    It is the same for US servers, it's called "A call to Battle" a weekly quest (once a week only).
    It pays 5 marks for 4 Battleground wins. It also pays 1000 honor and an artifact power item.
    The Brawl events pay 3 marks & an artifact power item per victory. & all 110 pvps are supposed
    to pay 1 mark per victory. Winning = marks. Losing = no marks

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jasoccx View Post
    I have a bit over 900 wins in rated arena this season and am sitting on 118 marks, so I would say theyre a roughly 15% drop chance from the victory chest that you get. BGs are indeed a terribly inefficient way to farm those.
    I am pretty sure BGs are the only way to farm marks. At lower levels ya it is inefficient, random luck chance etc but at higher levels you can do it efficiently and get lots. These days in the game marks are not too important except for lower level toons. Once players get to lvl 110 farming marks is the last thing on the grinding to do list. So many other things to farm before you start farming that efficiently.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    About the only time I really got any was from the weekly Battleground quest. I have 27, but 25 of those are from just doing the BG quest this weekend on 5 alts. The other 2 were from random win crates >< I have one toon that is Prestige 1 Level 20 something. The other 4 are around 20 something. So roughly 160-180 levels of winning BG's and only 2.
    Ya low level farming for marks is terribly inefficient. I got 300+ marks in 200 wins at lvl 110 ilvl940 months ago before the ilvl max was put up to 970. I recently made a druid toon to try restoration and feral spec.s on a start edition. Made a bad mistake and I hit lvl 20 before I started pvp. If you do that, it is too hard to get the marks. I learned you are supposed to start pvp with good gear at lvl 10 - 19. If you are gifting farmed gear to yourself from a higher level character you can gear up good and have a better chance to win more for a better chance at the marks. If you wait until you hit lvl 20 as a starter edition, you are messed up because you are now playing against overpowering zergs and higher levels. I could not get any marks and winning was hard. Will not be repeating that mistake again. LOL! That is what happens though.

- - - Updated - - -

It is the same for US servers, it's called "A call to Battle" a weekly quest (once a week only).
    It pays 5 marks for 4 Battleground wins. It also pays 1000 honor and an artifact power item.
    The Brawl events pay 3 marks & an artifact power item per victory. & all 110 pvps are supposed

- - - Updated - - -

I have a bit over 900 wins in rated arena this season and am sitting on 118 marks, so I would say theyre a roughly 15% drop chance from the victory chest that you get. BGs are indeed a terribly inefficient way to farm those.
    I am pretty sure BGs are the only way to farm marks. At lower levels ya it is inefficient, random luck chance etc but at higher levels you can do it efficiently and get lots. These days in the game marks are not too important except for lower level toons. Once players get to lvl 110 farming marks is the last thing on the grinding to do list. So many other things to farm before you start farming that efficiently.

- - - Updated - - -

About the only time I really got any was from the weekly Battleground quest. I have 27, but 25 of those are from just doing the BG quest this weekend on 5 alts. The other 2 were from random win crates >< I have one toon that is Prestige 1 Level 20 something. The other 4 are around 20 something. So roughly 160-180 levels of winning BG's and only 2.
    Ya low level farming for marks is terribly inefficient. I got 300+ marks in 200 wins at lvl 110 ilvl940 months ago before the ilvl max was put up to 970. I recently made a druid toon to try restoration and feral spec.s on a start edition. Made a bad mistake and I hit lvl 20 before I started pvp. If you do that, it is too hard to get the marks. I learned you are supposed to start pvp with good gear at lvl 10 - 19. If you are gifting farmed gear to yourself from a higher level character you can gear up good and have a better chance to win more for a better chance at the marks. If you wait until you hit lvl 20 as a starter edition, you are messed up because you are now playing against overpowering zergs and higher levels. I could not get any marks and winning was hard. Will not be repeating that mistake again. LOL! That is what happens though.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    I'm 100% serious, as they are so low I started logging every BG I do. Note 60+ BGs but not all are won (less than 50% are won, still terrible statistics)
    Ashran dominance BG's on horde or alliance side pays 1 crate of BG goods and 1 mark of honor & 18.28 gold per victory. No victory, no mark. But that is at lvl 110 and you need to be having max gear, 970 now last I was in paid game. If you are below 110 but above 90 it is 1 mark per win. If below 90 it is random chance and slow ya. Best thing is if you are mark farming and below level 90 - DON'T mark farm, take it as it comes. Wait until you are at least lvl 90 - 100 & then mark farm but the best thing is to hit lvl 110 - ilvl 970 and then farm marks & honor points and you can get quest help for this too plus the Brawl event pays out 3 marks per win. The weekly event pays out 5 marks - that weekly quest is called "A Call To Battle" - only quest currently known that pays marks of honor. I hit over 300 marks of honor in 2 months of game play at an average of 2 hours per day using this strategy. There is a potential to farm over 1000 marks in a few months playing 2 hours daily. There is a link on Wowhead for this but I can not post it here yet.
    Last edited by NoahWeaver; 2017-12-12 at 11:14 PM. Reason: 2 typos

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    I'm 100% serious, as they are so low I started logging every BG I do. Note 60+ BGs but not all are won (less than 50% are won, still terrible statistics)
    Ashran dominance BG's on horde or alliance side pays 1 crate of BG goods and 1 mark of honor & 18.28 gold per victory. No victory, no mark. But that is at lvl 110 and you need to be having max gear, 970 now last I was in paid game. If you are below 110 but above 90 it is 1 mark per win. If below 90 it is random chance and slow ya. Best thing is if you are mark farming and below level 90 - DON'T mark farm, take it as it comes. Wait until you are at least lvl 90 - 100 & then mark farm but the best thing is to hit lvl 110 - ilvl 970 and then farm marks & honor points and you can get quest help for this too plus the Brawl event pays out 3 marks per win. The weekly event pays out 5 marks - that weekly quest is called "A Call To Battle" - only quest currently known that pays marks of honor. I hit over 300 marks of honor in 2 months of game play at an average of 2 hours per day using this strategy. There is a potential to farm over 1000 marks in a few months playing 2 hours daily. There is a Wow head chart for this but I can that on here yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I have maybe around 250 over 5 different toons but thats from through out the entire expansion and the wpvp quests. I havent really done bgs this expansion. For the wpvp quests, the marks of honor where more frequent during season 1.
    Today is Beautiful and so are you, here's to having a wonderful day.

Since the release of MOHs I've been tracking how many I get and how many BGs I do.

I was quite active from LEG launch and was then unsubbed from january 4th until recently when I returned on nov 20th.

Now it's much, MUCH easier to obtain MOHs, but prior, it was a total cancer.

Here are my numbers:

MOH release -> Jan 2nd 2017:

Total BGs: 121 Won: 25 Loss: 96 Total MOH: 5

As you can see, the results were absolutely fucking terrible. Unimaginably bad, at ONE per FIFTH.WIN.ONLY. This was part of the reason why I unsubbed btw.

Nov 20th -> Currently

Total BGs: 106 Won: 48 Loss: 58 Total MOH: 108 (MOHs surpassed Total BGs done at 90 (42W/48L)

As you can see, now the results are much more reasonable. Not only is the drop rate much higher, you can now get up to 4 per win, where as before there was only a small chance to obtain max one per win, you can now also get one or two MOHs even if the BG is a loss (usually just 1). Add to all this, the chance of winning the BG is now also much more reasonable, at least on my server group.

And of course, in addition to all of this, you can now obtain MOHs from PVP WQs and, although rarely, from order hall qs.

they just take a while to accumulate, i think i have 22 or something currently, but this is after many many battlegrounds

i found the brawls tend to yield marks of honor