Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Buff the other two and let you have one of each or something. That's some token utility that's not going to be a big deal.

Make Might either a temporary moderate buff so Ret has something other than wings or just ditch it completely and give us a buff.

What will they likely do? Scrap all the blessings and give us nothing.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post
    Buff the other two and let you have one of each or something. That's some token utility that's not going to be a big deal.

Make Might either a temporary moderate buff so Ret has something other than wings or just ditch it completely and give us a buff.

They already stated they are going to scrap the blessings and replace it with a better system. That's why they haven't scrapped it yet, they wanna replace it with something.

Is it going to be better? Who knows. Most likely, I can't see it being worse than it is now.

I'm not one for return of atrocity like Inquzishun, but having a quasi-dps cd would be nice, I suppose.
    Having no burst or dps boost of sorts for 1,5minutes every 2 minutes sucks.

GBoM could give guaranteed moderate procs(like it does now, but guaranteed and with tuned numbers) for short amount of time.
    Ofcourse it would increase Rets value in raids, but why ever not?
    We are supposed to have some weight behind us other than dps.
    We were a support/hybrid spec once.

15+ Year Old Account
    When u guys give out GBOM, do u give it to 2 other dps and put 1 buff on urself or do u give it to 3 other dps?

Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    When u guys give out GBOM, do u give it to 2 other dps and put 1 buff on urself or do u give it to 3 other dps?
    It's 3 top dps.
    If you yourself happen to be in top3 in your raid, then yes, you put 1 on yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post
    Which honestly would be a better option. The amount of stuff you get from kings and wisdom is paltry, not really noticeable. I only notice kings working when I'm mounted up and run past something, it smacks me once and I hear a priest absorb shield bubble sound hit once. Whoo. I get the idea behind blessings and even stormlash for Enh Shaman(since Enhancement is in the name after all), but it just doesn't really work. If they want to give some kind of "I support my allies" vibe, selfless healer by default would be neat, though some might not utilize it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

They should bake the damage into ret, and make might into a utility buff perhaps +10-15% move speed. That would let them keep the utility fantasy, and fix the DPS problem.

Or perhaps...change all 3 buffs so each 1 gives 10%-15% of Leech, Avoidance, or Movement speed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Njay View Post
    Theoretically. How bad would it be if we were allowed to buff it while being in combat. I think being rewarded by placing blessings according to how a fight is going would be so much better.
    This sounds like it would be massively worse. Besides, i doubt it would even be worth the globals,

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Guyviroth View Post
    Probably gonna get some heat from this from people who do number crunching and whatnot, but why not remove BoM from our DPS, buff us to compensate, and then turn the Greater Blessings into raid cooldowns?

Greater Blessing of Might:
    all allies within 40 yards of the paladin gain 10% increased attack and spell power for 6 seconds. Causes Forbearance. 3min cooldown

Greater Blessing of Wisdom:
    all allies within 40 yards of the paladin regain 1% health and mana every second for 6 seconds. Causes Forbearance. 3min cooldown

Greater Blessing of Kings:
    all allies within 40 yards of the paladin by gain a shield, absorbing the next (10% of max health). Lasts 6 seconds. Causes Forbearance. 3min cooldown

Probably sounds OP and immense amounts of retribution paladin stacking.
    Would make Ret's a requirement for every raid. Other DPS will cry. Not to mention the DPS tax we would receive for it.

Like... i like the idea. But in practice it doesn't work. The shield one would be fine. The wisdom one would have to be weak. Those two could work without a tax. Might could be a run speed increase. Maybe those 3 could work. No need for forbearance.
    Damage gets returned to us.

Btw, preventing stack is pretty easy. It just has to be a buff that isn't stackable. If 2 rets do it, it just refreshes the duration.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2016-12-12 at 02:10 AM.

Remove blessings entirely, bring back Seals or Auras. Done.

Blessing of Heroism / Bloodlust!

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Trying to figure out why this is a hard thing to scrap. Just calculate the average DPS gain Rets are getting from 3 GBoM and then buff their overall DPS to compensate for that lost %.
    Hopefully they won't forget to simultaneously remove our buff that gives us bonus damage for x secs when a raid member dies, otherwise we will be over performing and they will prob start nerfing random things while they figure out why lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    It's more than a bit. It's 8-9% of your dps. What happens when one of the people you put Might on dies? You lose dps. Why should we be held responsible for other dps in the raid in order to perform up to par with everyone? It's dumb and them changing it is going to be so nice.
    Because it is a team game. Let me quote Hyrja: "Stay together, or die alone!"

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Sure as sure it's a team game.
    That's why I would very much like to pull my weight on my own and not rely on others to do my fething job.
    To quote Tirion Fordring: "Put your face in delight!"
    Last edited by Morally Grey Storm; 2016-12-12 at 11:40 AM. Reason: Toots and Maytals _-_54-46(Krossbow remix)

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Yeah it is a team game. Therefore I would like to reliably bring good dps to the table. Having multiple other people be responsible for my damage is just crazy. That has nothing to do with being a team, especially since you can't control if someone is going to fuck up and stand in bad.

I suppose the idea of GBoM was to try and recapture some of the "fantasy" of the vanilla paladin buff machine. But:
    1. Few paladin's today are OG vanilla ret paladins, so the nostalgia is lost
    2. Paladin buffs is frequently sited as one of the biggest class design failures of vanilla
    3. No one, except this one guy maybe (troll?) likes them anyway

I'd replace it with some kind of movement speed buff (Greater Blessing of the Crusader) and then buff kings and that other one we never use maybe even be useful.

Deleted
    The idea that ensured that Greater Blessings failed is probably the fact that Blizzard decided that the buffs should be included in our damage-tuning. Other classes are not weaker for their "utility", as far as I am aware.

It would be hilarious to see shamans and mages become crippled for having BL/Hero/TW. /s

If GBoM was really bonus damage instead of "compensation" for having a Ret in the raid, and counted towards the damage of the target, it could have been nice to have on a few fights where specific people had extra jobs (like belt-duty on Siegecrafter).
    But the design choice was to make us leech damage from others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Hopefully they won't forget to simultaneously remove our buff that gives us bonus damage for x secs when a raid member dies, otherwise we will be over performing and they will prob start nerfing random things while they figure out why lol.
    What buff is that? I'm new to Ret.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Deleted
    It's the Retribution passive. 20% damage and 30% reduced damage taken for 20 seconds if a group/raid member dies within 40 yards of the paladin.

Remove retribution pasive
    remove all GMoEverything
    make Hearth of the crusader affect all movement speed
    make judgement a paladin buff (finishers do x% more dmg)
    make cleanse remove roots/snare on paladin only
    buff ret to balance their dps due to the removal of GMoCrap

Watcher, the light inspires you to fix us
    Hammer of salt
    Taking away seals, utility blessings and auras is like taking away totems from shamans, or stealth from rogues

Want actual changes? How about posting on the blizz forum so they can actual see ret concers instead of just QQ-ing here. More people to voice their concerns will lead into actual changes but atm for us there are very few.