Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Developer Q&A Comedy

"Q: Why is there no piece for warriors with haste/mastery in T19?
    A: We just changed a bunch of stuff so there should be a haste/mastery tier piece for warriors now (ed note: Warhelm of the Obsidian Aspect). We don't look to stack a class's best stat on every item, ever. Also since we added cloaks to tier, you'll have more options for off pieces. (You'll get 4 set still but 6 options to get that 4 from)."

aka

"Your set is shit except for 1piece but you may now choose the remaining 3pieces from a pool of 5 shit pieces instead of 4." Rofl, what are they smoking...

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    >Implying we have better offspecc options in every slot
    >Implying subpar = shit
    >Not taking into account, that set boni will more then equalize subpar pieces
    >whining all day, erry day
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    Implying we have better offspecc options in every slot
    Err yeah we do ?

Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    >
    >Not taking into account, that set boni will more then equalize subpar pieces
    Would be even more ridiculous if it didn't. Still the actual question remains unanswered why they purposely design them subpar. All they say is "well, we don't want them to have the good stats because 0 reasons". Sure, maybe they want offset pieces to be a "choice" but isn't the set meant to be the ultimate goal in gearing? Why give it stats that makes you actually wonder if it's worth getting at all, even though the set bonus is reaaally strong. We just can't not have haste on 4+ primary gear pieces without gimping us severely. And if you lose so much mastery too that you have the same crit block chance with the bonus like before getting the set and wearing optimal secondary stat pieces, it's not really satisfying either.
    I'm not raiding, so that doesn't even concern me, I'm just amused by this golden pearl of Blizz logic.

Deleted
    If you wanna whine and cry, maybe try the official WoW-Forums.

Our Set-Bonuses are pretty good so the stats aren't such a huge problem. If the stats were BiS on top of that, they'd have to nerf the Set-Bonus to make up for it.

As annoying as it is, I think the point he was trying to make was that there should be a trade-off for using tier gear. You may not have bis stats, but you'll gain an effect or two.

Since there's no thinking required in gearing as it's controlled by total drop luck randomness and no matter how they design the items, there will always be one BiS set of items, they may just as well design the set as the BiS in every regard because well, it's the set. It's supposed to be special. If the class is too strong when it has the right stats on its gear, tweak the class instead of ruining the gearing experience, don't make people feel disappointed because they have to choose between subpar stats and not having a set bonus imho.

It's just as frustrating as triple Shatter the Bones relics pre-patch. You get wet thinking about having it with a decent item level but it's just not possible to get (ignoring extreme amounts of luck here). Why do they have to weave a carrot in front of the players like "Look at this delicious set bonus, now imagine you could have this on well design geared" while they're like "Ah uh, not going to happen ".

Personally I'd just prefer more well itemized pieces of gear with item level being the sole difference between pieces and the class being balanced around having access to well designed gear, in contrast to the system that they are going for where they balance the class by designing the gear badly on purpose. I'm surprised most of you guys are okay with it though. But as I said, it does not affect me and yeah, most I do nowadays is whine because I'm seriously frustrated by the lack of communication on Blizzard's side about all the shit they do which the community does not like and no way to even post on fucking US forums as European.
    Last edited by Stallion; 2016-12-08 at 04:42 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bebbl89 View Post
    If you wanna whine and cry, maybe try the official WoW-Forums.

Our Set-Bonuses are pretty good so the stats aren't such a huge problem. If the stats were BiS on top of that, they'd have to nerf the Set-Bonus to make up for it.

2 set bonus is increased crit chance to BT after using FS.

4 pieace bonus is longer duration for enrage.

I might be wrong but im pretty sure optimal gearing with bis stats meaning haste/mastery will provide more dps than those bonuses. simply because GCD goes down thus fitting more attacks in the enrage window...negating 4 peice bonus....more haste means lesser CD means more BT spam means more crits...negating 2 set bonus.

not to mention the increased dmg from enrage due to mastery ...

but yeah sure, fury set bonus is totally awesoem, no haste/Mastery needed. better slap crit on every piece because 2 piece bonus must be devalued by T sets lol.

Deleted
    @ Chisa

I meant Arms Set. Don't know about Fury actually :<

Quote Originally Posted by Chisa View Post
    2 set bonus is increased crit chance to BT after using FS.

4 pieace bonus is longer duration for enrage.

I might be wrong but im pretty sure optimal gearing with bis stats meaning haste/mastery will provide more dps than those bonuses. simply because GCD goes down thus fitting more attacks in the enrage window...negating 4 peice bonus....more haste means lesser CD means more BT spam means more crits...negating 2 set bonus.

not to mention the increased dmg from enrage due to mastery ...

but yeah sure, fury set bonus is totally awesoem, no haste/Mastery needed. better slap crit on every piece because 2 piece bonus must be devalued by T sets lol.
    I disagree on the 4 piece being negated by more haste. Longer enrage means more rage from auto attacks, which means more rampages. Plus a longer enrage is solid for execute phase. You can get an extra execute in which means another chance to proc massacre which means another 5.5 sec enrage. Longer enrage is definitely going to be wanted.

The two piece is what it is. Someone dev has a hard-on for furious slash. That ability is likes roaches, it will be around until this game comes to an end.

Quote Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
    The two piece is what it is. Someone dev has a hard-on for furious slash. That ability is likes roaches, it will be around until this game comes to an end.
    I have a dream!
    A dream that one day, Blizzard will drop Furious Slash for it's predecessor Heroic Strike. And that this 2 set will increase HS damage.

Sadly, woke up. Hello Furious Slash, my friendemy.

Deleted
    As much as i loved hs it has no place in today's fury. HS was a rage dump that you mostly wanted to use (in SoO) during cs. Atm in its place we got rampage. You can't have rampage and hs cause you would basically never press hs. Since rampage enrage's you, nvm how much it hits, its better than hs cause you don't have to rely on bt to get that.

So no furious strike has nothing to do with loosing hs. One was rage dump off gcd the other is a shitty filler.

The thing is, Furious Slash needs to be a shitty filler, bc once we hit the magical haste percentages, it will never get used. Ever. If it was good, that would be a bad thing. It is just a nice filler until it doesnt need to be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnokk View Post
    The thing is, Furious Slash needs to be a shitty filler, bc once we hit the magical haste percentages, it will never get used. Ever. If it was good, that would be a bad thing. It is just a nice filler until it doesnt need to be there.
    That's not true. Fury is cyclic, so unless you somehow manage to go beyond 100% Haste, you'll always have a 3 GCD rotation (with Inner Rage):
    BT - RB - Free GCD - BT...

That free GCD will always be either Furious Slash, or one of the various fillers (Whirlwind, Dragon Roar, Ayala, Rampage). Of the four, only Rampage is used consistently, but it's also used as needed rather than strictly during the free GCD, so it's just as likely you'll use it in place of BT, pushing back the whole rotation and still requiring the use of Furious Slash.

Also consider that the 2p is actually pretty good for Fury, because it finally buffs the Taste for Blood buff to the point of usefulness.

TLDR: Furious Slash doesn't get used as much as other abilities, but you're always going to use it in some fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    That's not true. Fury is cyclic, so unless you somehow manage to go beyond 100% Haste, you'll always have a 3 GCD rotation (with Inner Rage):
    BT - RB - Free GCD - BT...

That free GCD will always be either Furious Slash, or one of the various fillers (Whirlwind, Dragon Roar, Ayala, Rampage). Of the four, only Rampage is used consistently, but it's also used as needed rather than strictly during the free GCD, so it's just as likely you'll use it in place of BT, pushing back the whole rotation and still requiring the use of Furious Slash.

Also consider that the 2p is actually pretty good for Fury, because it finally buffs the Taste for Blood buff to the point of usefulness.

TLDR: Furious Slash doesn't get used as much as other abilities, but you're always going to use it in some fashion.

Hey Archi, i must say i find FS so useful, but maybe i am doing something wrong. I know u are a lord so maybe many guides are provided from you.

Let's see, all the guides say that priority is BT (even enraged) > FS. Is this optimal? For example, After i use rampage there is a point where i can press BT or FS because BT is available, the thing is that enrage timer allows me to use FS then BT (+15 critical chance) inside the enrage window. I am finding myself doing more damage this way with a enrage time higher than if i use BT (being enraged) > FS
    I would appreciate some words man, sorry for my english.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ElTioRudo View Post
    Hey Archi, i must say i find FS so useful, but maybe i am doing something wrong. I know u are a lord so maybe many guides are provided from you.

Let's see, all the guides say that priority is BT (even enraged) > FS. Is this optimal? For example, After i use rampage there is a point where i can press BT or FS because BT is available, the thing is that enrage timer allows me to use FS then BT (+15 critical chance) inside the enrage window. I am finding myself doing more damage this way with a enrage time higher than if i use BT (being enraged) > FS
    I would appreciate some words man, sorry for my english.
    I play in the same way you just described. I play with a "cyclical enrage" rotation where the focus is not on BT, but on RB. With this rotation you guarantee the optimal damage on RB, using it on cooldown, with in between RBs always FS -->BT or Rampage if Rage is available. So there are cycles in there where I don't use BT for 5 gcd's, but it massively increases my Enrage uptime for every RB, with 1 sec gaps between Enrages every now and then.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...r/15811785/10/
    Have a look at my logs to see how that plays out. I play almost exclusively with Carnage nowadays due to the consistency, and for lack of BiS legendaries. Mostly due to growing accustomed to it from a M+ perspective.
    Last edited by mmoc3736aa5351; 2016-12-12 at 12:52 PM.

Nice to see those numbers playing the same way because i was a bit worried being different tbh. Your ilvl is higher than mine so its a good reference thank you.

Anyways i dont understand the point of carnage; yes enrage uptime is higher but u cant stack juggernaut

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ElTioRudo View Post
    Nice to see those numbers playing the same way because i was a bit worried being different tbh. Your ilvl is higher than mine so its a good reference thank you.

Anyways i dont understand the point of carnage; yes enrage uptime is higher but u cant stack juggernaut
    I'm geared very heavily towards Mastery, with the minimum of Haste. Mostly to do with drop luck, but also because high Mastery plays better than high Haste with the omnipresence of War Machine procs, also from a M+ PoV.
    Why I don't run Massacre is because for all the current content the executephases either don't last long enough or have potential to drop stacks. Massacre in it's current form is too clunky for me. I prefer to be #1-3 on the meters from start to finish, instead of being #10 and having to catch up to a #3 spot max during the now short Execute phases. Massacre imho is a progression talent, not a content farming talent.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like Talents that buff execute Phase . Like you described I too prefere a more consistent damage than relying on that 20 percent.

Most current Fights end at 10 percent cutting your execute Phase in half. You also have to stay alive to reach that Phase not helping your Raid if you die before. In addition heroism does not synch with execute Phase very well on some Fights. That's why I think execute Talents needs to be buffed to be an obvious improvement over consistancy talents

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    Most current Fights end at 10 percent cutting your execute Phase in half.
    Sorry... what? Even if you ONLY mean ToV with "current", it is just a third of that raid. Not most. And that single fight has adds you can execute.

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    You also have to stay alive to reach that Phase not helping your Raid if you die before.
    Wait.. you are saying that your damage is getting worse and you are not helping the raid if you die early during an encounter? Perpostrous!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.