Deleted

Help Pls i wanna do more DPS!

Hey guys, a friend told me to come here and ask the Mage masters for help...

First, i love to play Firemage since Classic and im so happy that Fire was a good Choise in Legion, but i cant get up with it. I tryed my best but i cant Preform more then maybe 50-75 ilvl%...

So i hope u could help me and tell my what did i do wrong.....

or should i maybe play Frost mage for more DPS i've heard that Frost deals more dps then Fire..

Here is my Warcraftlog Link: warcraftlogs.com/reports/4KJWDkGgMtV89zfB#fight=2&type=damage-done

Thank you all, and sorry for my very bad english

I don't have time to properly check logs right now but I'm sure someone else will.
    I just want to say that I don't think it's even worth it to judge your own performance by ranks in this expansion. There are so many things that can make your gear much worse than you itemlevel suggests. It's the same for me, I've got 884 but compared to "properly geared" mages (I only reached that number because I had to take badly itemized items because I can't grind M+ for BiS stats). That, plus the fact that I (and you) don't have any good legendaries (yay for 2 stat sticks) means that other mages with the same ilvl can perform -much- better, making your ranks worthless as a performance indicator. Just keep that in mind.

So i'm not sure if the logs are off, but I show your burst opener literally NEVER lining up Combution and RoP. Also, I don't think you are prepotting properly OR using sinew correctly. First off, your prefight should be use sinew at 6 secs or so in countdown, prepot at 4, start casting fireball at 2.5/3, and then fire ball one or 2 more times depending on hero or not.

Now you start your burst rotation. You cast RoP FIRST, and at the end of RoP while it is STILL CASTING, you pop combustion(since it is off the GCD). You then start your burst rotation depending on how many of the FB crit. I'm not going to explain the burst as you should already know it.

Your later burst phases are also lower, make sure you only use PF when it's about to hit 3 stacks. Otherwise save it for combust phases. Also, if combust is about to come off CD start saving up your FB charges.

Finally, make sure you use sinew every other combust when a fight is 3 mins or longer. It should be precast 1st before pull and first combust, skipped on 2nd combust, and used leading up to 3rd combust.

That is all the advice I have for you.

7+ Year Old Account
    You don't even burst my friend.

If you play with Cinderstorm, your rota change.

Without cinderstorm:
    - Prepot 3 sek before pulltimer ends
    - If you play with Maddening Whispers-Trinket, use it here too!
    - Cast fireball as the precast
    - Place your rune of power while the fireball is flying.
    - Use comb at that moment the rune is placed and 1x phoenix flames
    Now you have two scenarios:
    - Does the fireball crit and you have Hotstreak? When yes, skip the next point.
    - Fireball doesn't crit? Use fire blast
    - Burst rota then: pyro -> fire blast -> flame on/pyro -> fire blast -> pyro -> fire blast -> pyro -> phoenix flame(Maddening Whispers-Trinket will procc here, 100% crit and 50% dmg because of comb and rop, will do >3mio dmg) -> pyro
    - If you use hero at pull you can do phoenix flames -> pyro until now. without 30% haste buff your comb and rune is off now most times before you could use the last phoenix -> pyro rota.

Now it depends on what you have to do after the first 10 seconds of burst. If you have 10 seconds more time before you need to move or something like this, use your second rop early because of your pot (and hero)

If you play with cinderstorm one thing change:
    - Prepot 3 sek before pulltimer ends
    - If you play with Maddening Whispers-Trinket, use it here too!
    - Cast fireball as the precast
    - Cast cinderstorm and after them rop, just a moment before the cinders hit the enemy use comb, you will lose ~0,5 sek comb but have 5 stacks from your goldtrait now.
    - everything else now is the same as before.

I play with cinderstorm the whole time because i like it how the Maddening Whispers-Trinket works with comb (booth 2min cd) and i have just 54% crit so kindling isn't something for me.

I use the third rop with the second flame on, you should save all phoenix flames(but if you hit three it's ok to use one) and you should have fire blast ready, best is when the second stack will be ready in that moment you start bursting.

4. rop and 2. comb is used like the burst at start.

Btw. i'm curious why you don't know how to burst. You can get this information in every guide.
    Last edited by RaimaNd; 2016-12-10 at 11:14 AM.

Deleted
    Hey guys im the mage Dragon. Not Cylenia!

And I start at sec 4 with Trinket then at sec. 2 i cast my RoP with combustion and start with PF->FB-> PB ->FB -> PB -> Flame On -> FB -> PB -> FB -> PB -> PF -> PB -> RoP -> PF -> PB -> and then with FB aso.... An look that i got PF and FB max stacked for next Combustion phase. And when i got the 3, Combustion i use trinket and Pot again!