Thread: Spriest Latency

Spriest Latency

So I have some issues with latency and was wondering if you guys could offer some help. My ingame and world ms is around 50, but I've been struggling with having lag spikes towards the 2nd voit of my stm rotation, to where Quartz latency bar is saying I have around 200-300 ms per cast. I've downloaded AutoLagTolerance, but it seemed to impact my performance negatively rather than positively. Any advice on what to do? Would decreasing graphics or disabling some addons improve my latency at all?

I had a similar issue and I quit the game because it made it impossible to play my Shadow Priest and I could be fucked grinding the stupid fucking WQs on an alt.

Blizzard is okay with this. Sucks to suck, I guess.

interested in an answer as well

my "good" latency is around 170ms... s2m is a pain to pull around that. consider yourself lucky

I can't find the post but somewhere on How to priest is an explanation that there are three forms of latency.

1. Delay seeing game events.
    2. Delay reading user input.
    3. Human delay (physical).

The second delay is arguably the most "hidden" of the three, and often most unaccounted for. If your "world lag" is 50, your "total lag" might be double that, or more. People who live physically closer to the server clusters will see exponential diminished lag compared to those living far away. They will see game events slightly faster, and the game will acknowledge their response to those events faster as well. In short, they will die less, get more APM out, and react quicker. They will also generally get more executes in, rather than "whiffing" them.

Having lived in a variety of locations and even two countries, I can attest to incredible inequalities due to internet connection. I am inexplicably a much more "talented" player when I am on a fiber connection living on the same coast as the server I'm playing on, and my ranking "magically" goes up by an average of 5% higher, than when playing in different regions or with different internet providers.

I have said it for years, but I am surprised there isn't a more in depth study on the issue considering this is an online game. There's way too many people who still claim it doesn't matter.
    Last edited by Kilee25; 2016-12-12 at 03:41 PM.
    "Falling from heaven is not as painful as surviving the impact."

DPS Loss - my guild on Proudmoore
    The Old Guard - my guild on Earthen Ring
    Revenant - my guild on Echo Isles