StM past 1min 20 seconds

Hi guys, I seem to be hitting a wall on the PvP dummy as I try to improve my StM rotation. For some reason I don't seem to be able to push past 1 minute 20 seconds at the minute so I am playing around with the gear I have to see if or where improvements can be made there as I (obviously, it won't need pointing out) get better at my APM and rotation.

I am building into VF, Eruption then disperse, VB, MB on CD and flay as a filler until VB comes up and so on. I'll send out fiend on low stacks but not later on. When things start getting to higher stacks I weave SWD in for a single hit as insanity starts dropping low and usually have a VB ready afterward. I am hitting PI just before my 2nd Eruption as it feels like my VF would drop off without doing so (I think this may need working on though as it's kind of force of habit now)

I'll get through my 2nd eruption but by then it's frantic and insanity drain or a delay seems to get me but pretty much always at 1 minute 20.

I've tried at:
    29% crit, 33% haste, 25% mastery.
    28% crit, 31% haste, 28% mastery.

and am just about to try : 27% crit, 32% haste, 32% mastery (all including food)

I know rotation will be the key but is there a better way to sustain surrender on secondaries than another for the sake of 1% here or there?

Ok by eruption it seems you are referring to Void Torrent? I think the main thing holding you back is your rotation.

A couple of things to take note off...

You can hit 3rd voit with any of those stat combinations so I would not go crazy here. Although it has been said that you need about 9000-9500 haste and 9000 crit (roughly 30% of each) then rest mastery.
    A good milestone to hit is not using PI till you are about 80+ stacks this is much later than when you are using it. Also you should not need to use SWD before your 2nd voit.
    SWD death should be used only in emergencies and as such should be reserved after the 2nd voit to help get to 80+ stacks so that you can use PI.

I would get a good Weak Aura (Twintops, look for it in these forums or in the priest discord in the shadow section) to help you track better your insanity drainage and thus better insanity management because this is obviously key to sustaining s2m.

https://howtopriest.com/images/S2M3VoiT.png

I found this a nice guideline to be able to reach the third Void Torrent.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TommiTMX View Post
    https://howtopriest.com/images/S2M3VoiT.png

I found this a nice guideline to be able to reach the third Void Torrent.
    This picture is a pretty good guideline, but I think that those who struggle do so because they have a hard time getting to around 85 stacks without cooldown usage.

Personally, I found that this gets me there everytime:

Eruption -> VOIT -> VB -> Dispersion -> Normal Rotation until second VOIT.

Second VOIT -> VB -> Potion of Prolonged -> VB -> MB -> VB -> Filler (follow this rotation when you reach roughly 130 % haste). Try to pop fiend around 70 stacks and then PI around 80. Use your SW: Ds when you pop your fiend to make sure you stabilize. After PI is over: VB -> SW: D -> VB -> SW: D -> VB -> Dispersion -> SW: D -> VB -> VOIT.

That way, the only critical time is around 70 stacks when you pop your fiend. Rest is just more or less getting the rotation down. You might need to use a SW: D sometime before 70 stacks as well if you feel like you need it, but thats down to personal preference.

Thanks, I thought the breakpoint was 10500 haste and crit to 9500 - or am I getting mistaken with something? If 9500 haste means I can gear more crit in I may have the gear to give this a try but I have been reaching for the haste BP.

I'll try holding off on the SWD during early VF in that case. As I get into the mid section I don't use it anyway as I try to keep it handy for when it's needed but early on couldn't see a reason not to use it as it was available.

PI, yes I figured that I was pulling too early. I have various weak auras but the twintop version always creates a LUA error loop for me so the bars I have don't show (in a useful way) the drain.

The PNG is pretty useful too, thanks. perhaps I will give a bit more work to the rotation without the first dispersion as it may be that having it around later on makes that next step a little easier. I seem to sustain 1 minute 20s pretty consistently but beyond that it all goes to shit quickly. im getting to between 430-485 DPS but that doesn't seem enough when I am obviously rooted and tunneling a dummy compared to how much more practised I will need to be to get decent numbers in raid scenarios.

The real key is managing your SWD charges and not overcapping insanity - I suspect there are a lot of people that VB and then immediately SWD if it's available. Remember that SWD gives 75 insanity so you can wait a little.