Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by vassleer View Post
    Thanks for your 2 cents. But as someone who has mained a lock for more than 10 years I can honestly say that the class has never been in a worse state.
    It's funny how often I've heard this exact statement verbatim over the years. Only thing that changes is the amount of time since the game launched.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    mostly that no one can agree what they want
    Mostly this. And I bet Warlock dev team has the same problem.

Started my WoW "career" back in Vanilla with lock. Enjoyed it. Didn't mind bags full of shards because gameplay was fun and different for every spec I played. Until Cata lock was best class for me, but after that I just can't get my self to play it. They were changing stuff to much... and not in a good way. But... I do remember wow forums back in BC, Wotlk. They were full of whiners and Bizz would not be Blizz if they wouldn't listen to the spoiled community to much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for your 2 cents. But as someone who has mained a lock for more than 10 years I can honestly say that the class has never been in a worse state. And your whining about the whining in neither constructive nor useful. Is there a ton of shitposting "sky is falling" on the forums? Sure. But that doesn't mean that there aren't serious issues with the class. "Quit the class" is up there with "l2p noob" in levels of usefulness.
    I think it was worse at Cataclysm until 4.4, but I'm more jaded and less tolerant of bullshit now that I know that it doesn't need to exist. We've seen better, so I have less tolerance for going backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorakh View Post
    I don't understand, the MoP iteration of Destruction was the most fun spec I ever played and yet they managed to somewhat fuck it up in WoD (only good thing there was the change to FnB) and they have completely destroyed the spec in this expansion.
    As a casual who likes doing both pve and pvp, the above statement rings 100% true to me. In terms of gameplay, MoP destro for my taste was the most enjoyable caster I have ever played in WoW and to see how they have fucked it up in that respect is truly sad. I mean, the gameplay was not only enjoyable, but it also offered baseline and interesting possibilities depending on what you were facing. Now most of that was taken away for good or was put in the talent tree and was labelled "choices". Well, fuck that.

Anyway, my lock is now parked somewhere collecting dust. I just don't the time and naivety anymore to play something I don't enjoy while either a) trying to convince myself to like it or b) hoping that Blizzard will fix it in the current expansion.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    I think it was worse at Cataclysm until 4.4, but I'm more jaded and less tolerant of bullshit now that I know that it doesn't need to exist. We've seen better, so I have less tolerance for going backwards.
    You might be right on that. Cata was the lowest point of my time in Wow though. So I may be looking back at the class through memories of how bad Wow was overall. I really didn't like that xpac.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    Thank you for your 2 cents. We have 4 now. As someone who does not care how long you played your warlock, I have to honestly say that your opinion is still just that: your opinion. Could you do me a favor, re-read your own post and then respond to your own statement: "And your whining about the whining in neither constructive nor useful". Do you think your post was constructive or useful?

Feedback for Destruction:
    - Baseline Movement speed (Burning Rush was fine)
    - Non Cast-time Combat Rezz Edit: also some better way of combat rezzing a holy priest in angel form.
    - Place circle without pulling
    - Healthstones > Healthpots or on separate CD
    - Baseline interrupt (nice to have)
    -
    Well it got you to actually post constructive feedback instead of "Quit ur lock urbad" shitposts, so I would say so.
    Last edited by vassleer; 2016-12-09 at 06:24 PM. Reason: clarity

Well it got you to actually post constructive feedback instead of "Quit ur lock urbad" shitposts, so I would say so.
    What's funny is that he just listed the stuff that we've been complaining about in this thread. The very same stuff he called "Whining". What a tool.

Again, this isn't about damage. This is about the fact that many, many people feel that it's simply the poorest iteration in the past few Xpacs. If you played Lock in MoP or WoD, i have no idea how you could find this current iteration fun. It's been completely stripped of what made it enjoyable.

If all you've played in Legion is lock, then maybe try another class for some perspective.

I love my lock. I love my mogs. I love my lore. I love Chaos Bolts and Green Fire. All my achieves are on my lock. But i am seriously considering re-rolling Spriest, for the first time since Cata, simply for the QoL. I genuinely don't want to quit my lock.I'm simply holding out hope that we get some good changes.

I don't wanna be playing Spriest and letting my Lock rot on the shelf, only to see some changes and then be behind on my most beloved class.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by parlaa View Post
    Problem is the people who FOTM rerolled warlock in siege of orgrimmar.
    Warlocks are fine, we use 2 of them in our raid.
    We use two of them in our raid, both of us having been playing since classic. That's exactly why we're still playing, because we're too attached to the class despite hating it.

I wish we were FOTM rerollers, we'd have been able to move on and stop bitching - which seems to drill enough holes in your strawman as to make it useless, it's not going to be rerollers complaining about the state of their class - they'd have rolled something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    It's funny how often I've heard this exact statement verbatim over the years. Only thing that changes is the amount of time since the game launched.
    Do you actually think what you typed refutes that in any way at all or are you just musing? It makes perfect sense.
    What people are describing is a steady decline in quality, perceived or otherwise.

Affliction in Legion is certainly worse than it was in WOD.
    I'd argue WOD affliction was much worse than MOP, although I guess that has some room for debate since Affliction was far more broken with SS bullshit in MOP.
    And I certainly think MOP affliction was far worse than WOTLK or Cata affliction.

I'm not self-centered enough to think my opinion is universal or anything beyond subjective, but if you're seeing an opinion repeated year after year, that doesn't discredit it - it lends weight to it if anything.
    Last edited by mmoc1571eb5575; 2016-12-10 at 02:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hendawgg View Post
    Pretty much everything that's listed in here is spot on. Actually, i had forgotten some of these things, like being on fire as our embers filled.....being reminded of them only pisses me off more.

And then i look on MMOC's front page to see that Shadow got buffed by 25% across the board.

ARE YOU F'N KIDDING ME????

ARE YOU F'N KIDDING ME????
    Meh.. They were nerfed hard actually.
    Those buffs are there to increase the damage average priests do, which is terrible.
    Good priests had their max potential almost halved.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saafe View Post
    Welp. I was going to give warlock a go, did some emissary quests...Got Prydaz.

Bye warlock
    Do you realize that Prydaz on a warlock in the PTR with the Demon skin talent means a 50% shield passively recharging every 30 secs?
    Almost a permanent,passively rechargeable Dark Pact that requires no hp sacrifice and recharges at 1% per sec.

10+ Year Old Account
    Destro - Turned RNG based to an extreme (Resource gen, mastery, everything is based on RNG).
    Demo - Took an extremely fun playstyle, and replaced it with a repulsive system based on pets with buggy as shit AI, and buffing them. Turn into a mobile buff bot, whereas before, it was a good mix between pets and personal power. Also unfun resource.

Affliction - Soul Effigy. Enough said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Deleted
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/7...lock-comments/

This guy really summed up all I felt about warlocks this expansion.

I really love how reliable I can do damage as demonology, and with enough haste it has an amazing smooth rotation (I can note though that without good haste it was the most horrible spec I've played) - Something I felt they should adress.

I've gotten 35 in all 3 specs now and affliction has definitly gotten a lot better with high amount of traits .. Destruction though I felt nearly all points were useless after like 25.

I feel at a low level and a medium level warlocks is the worst class, but at high level gear and traits they really excel.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemlol View Post

I really love how reliable I can do damage as demonology, and with enough haste it has an amazing smooth rotation (I can note though that without good haste it was the most horrible spec I've played) - Something I felt they should adress.

I've gotten 35 in all 3 specs now and affliction has definitly gotten a lot better with high amount of traits .. Destruction though I felt nearly all points were useless after like 25.

I feel at a low level and a medium level warlocks is the worst class, but at high level gear and traits they really excel.
    Yeah the player post summarized so many of the issues very well. And then a blue comes in, briefly mentions destro talent choices, drops an inconsequential tidbit about buffed pet damage (numbers are 1/10 the problem mechanics are) and basically has nothing to say about the core issues. Now watch us not get another blue post for 1.5 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Saafe View Post
    Yes, it's great that I get a basically perm absorb. But it doesn't increase my damage at all and the stats are garbage.
    The stats are actually pretty darn good for Affliction, it's just that it's a very underwhelming legendaries that helps Affliction in area that it doesn't need any help.

With gateway being instant and with 35 segs of cd for warlocks would be just great since in many fantasy games/books the warlock are also the master of escape and they are always ready to run if the situation require it.

Demonic Empower is tedious after the first minute you play it, I wish that spell were like the hunter have animal wrath

Affliction need a filler or two because dot without a spell to cast all the time, become boring or you felt you are doing nothing at all in the fights

At the core of the problem is mostly just tuning. It's pretty strange for warlocks to not be very good at dps. That exacerbates all the other problems with the specs like the affliction artifact.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    At the core of the problem is mostly just tuning. It's pretty strange for warlocks to not be very good at dps. That exacerbates all the other problems with the specs like the affliction artifact.
    The common issue seems to be QOL issues which was raised in the bluepost, most warlocks agree that we have many band aid talents because of lackluster design and instead of making new interesting talents they took all our old core talents and made them "choices".

What exactly is new about destruction in legion? Do you think the artifact ability makes destruction new and exciting? Soul shards? Having to choose between doing aoe dmg or single target? What about cooldowns do you think summoning doomguard is an interesting cooldown?

I feel demonology was the only spec that actually got changes for this expansion, furthering the "master of demons" concept and an artifact ability that actually centers around it.

I honestly have no idea what they tried to do with affliction, it seemed like they didn't know what to do and threw some things in the pot.

Destro and Affliction feel fine. Demo could use some tweaks though. It's one of the only specs in the game that you need a weak aura for to play competitively. If you can't track Demonic Empowerment on pets your damage is dogshit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulstealing View Post
    Because Portal & Gateway arent enough to escape it? Yes our baseline movement speed buff was moved to be a talent, but don't act like we don't have some form of mobility.
    mobility is not a matter of moving faster, it´s a matter of beeing able to do things while moving.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemlol View Post

My goodness, that blue reply summarizes everything that is wrong with Blizzard. Someone makes a list of almost all the issues everyone has raised since beta and the blue poster does not even try to address any of them, instead he replies that our PET damage will be increased. Our Doomguard will do more damage. Our Imp will do more damage. How one can COMPLETELY FUCKING MISS the point like that is MIND BOGGLING.

We DO NOT WANT MORE PET DAMAGE. Our Doomguard could do 10 billion damage and it STILL wouldn't feel like a DPS cooldown. Same with more Imp damage, which does NOTHING to address any of the core issues that poster had outlined.

Yes, I am mad. I have played Warlock since Ulduar and this is the first time ever I feel like quitting over class design. How one class can go so ignored like this, it is unreal. I love my Warlock, I do not want to see it end like this. Warlock is the only class I can consistently play without it starting to feel like a drag. Blizzard please... it's not about DPS numbers can always be adjusted, please return our gameplay...

Deleted
    Hmm the recent blue post doesn't give me much hope for destro to be honest.

Especially the "and then making sure throughout PTR that Destruction DPS remains reasonably consistent with live" part is worrisome

I saw that too Conflux which makes me feel destro is about where devs want its numbers. Demo they seem to be okay with the turret with potential to almost keep up if you never had to obey a raid mechanic, change targets, or move. Aff feels like the only wildcard. Hard to imagine it would get much worse.

It's not even about numbers it's just too unfun to make me want to log in. Things like being least mobile in game with long ramp up just isn't fun even if you are stupidly overtuned. If all dps were magically balanced few would play lock as it wouldn't be FUN which apparently cannot be part of any play style.