Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Is that why the expected contenders won world first? Because of luck, not skill or dedication?

Worst expansion because of random legendaries. Jesus Christ.
    In part, yes.
    It did mean that some players had to relevel a character just to get better kegendaries becuase RNG ruined their mains.

Well, that is almost as sad a s the civil war in Syria...and frankly I am lost for words. But I admit I cannot fathom the world you live in and the time you waste in this game if you come to a point, 2-4 months in an x-pac that your main was ruined by "bad legendaries". Not one, but several.
    This happened in the 3 guilds that race for world first or where?
    What are you on about?

Late at night and read too many threads about world first problems. Maybe you can explain to me in what state you have to be that after 3 months a video game fucks you up so much that you re-roll? What happens out there in the game that you compete in? And who do you compete with that "bad" legendaries screw you over? How many hours do you play do have legendaries as a problem? I mean..I played 10 days at 110 on my main and have like...one legendary?

And I keep hearing these stories how everybody without an exception gets 4 shitty legendaries? Oh yeah..but only if they run 100+ mythics (preferably mythic +10) and raid and all. If you are casual however, you get 8 BiS legendaries the moment you hit 110? Kinda what I make out of the threads on this forum.
    I compete with others in my guild or others on warcraftlogs. It's part of the fun for me. Always been.
    I've spent a lot of time grinding these damn legendaries and I have nothing to show for it while others both in my guild and outside have done pretty much nothing in comparison and are sitting at 5-6-7 legendaries.

It's really frustrating and it ruins a game I used to really like. Maybe I should quit but I'm still hoping that Blizzard can see what a shit system it is and fixes it.

They just need to fix two problems, which imo are simple to fix design wise (though I don't know how it's on the technical side).

#1 - Have separate types of legendaries that don't share the same loot lockout. The ones that just increase your throughput, and the ones that are situational.
    #2 - Remove RNG. Give us tokens that we can trade in for the legendary we want. Yes, everyone will go for the same in the start. Then its just your job to balance the other ones such that all of them are on equal footing, or to have none of them flat out buff all of your damage and instead work together with specific talent choies.

getting powerful legendaries feels really awesome, and it feels really awesome to have them. they just need to remove the bad parts of the system and keep the good ones in. the recent Q&A made it sound like they thought overall damage improving legendaries are bad, which is not the case.

Legendaries should be obtainable through investing skill and time into your character. If everyone has orange, it's not a legendary at all.

Yes
    if you (your guild, friends w/e) don't invest time in obtaining possibly rarest and one of the most powerful items in the Warcraft Universe - you are not entitled to it.

so yeh, random legendaries suck balls.
    zug zug

what is it paladin, one zug is not enough for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    lore should be voluntary to the game. not obligatory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Legenaries are just trinket 3 and 4.

They should make a vendor to get rid of the unwanted legendaries to the ones you want and all would be fine...
    Ex srap 2 legendaries for 1 that you desire, or a vendor that you pay ex with a legendary you already have in return for the next legendary that drops for you is not rng but the one you selected you want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilmoo View Post
    Legendaries should be obtainable through investing skill and time into your character. If everyone has orange, it's not a legendary at all.
    The same thing was said about epics.
    Legendaries wont be a exception.
    Artifacts are the new legendaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Maduk View Post
    Artifacts are the new legendaries.
    this is the lvl 110 talent tree rather I would say.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AetiusMetellus View Post
    Hi ! I’m a mythic raid and m+ pal ret player, very bored with that fucking unfair legendary loot system.

I just SIMC (1 enemy 300 sec length) my dps with my two actual legendries (aggramar & justice gaze) and obtained the result of 453k dps.
    I did the same with the same stuff (replaced helm and foot with the highest i had in my bag) but with the two bis leg for ret (nathrezim's clock & liandrin ring) and obtained the result of... 504k dps.

That's a fucking huge 51K difference between two set of legendries. What is the fucking point of introducing such an unfair mechanic based on RNG between players playing same class... seriously that's just fucking stupid.

As mythic player I’m really worried about competitive logs and without the 2 bis leg, it’s just impossible to reach the highest ranking and that makes logs clueless.

You can see on warcraftlogs rankings for ret : all the first have the two bis leg...
    I’m just talking about ret, but I’m pretty sure it's the same for all specs.

Plz devs, do something for the shit you introduced...
    And i dont have my DH ring / leather belt. We get it, Blizzard gets it, The Legendary system is a complete joke.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by urw View Post
    this is the lvl 110 talent tree rather I would say.
    Sure, but after Legion this talent tree will be gone.

Deleted
    Is it unfair;
    if we exclude the examples where people got multiple legedaries in one day due to the bad-luck protection not reseting and actualy stacking fast; NO,

Is it extremely frustrating and should it be abolished; YES.

OP goes on a rant about 51k difference between two sets of Legendaries...

And there are people without a single legendary yet or with a legendary that is as good for their class as a random green is.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    I think it's a perfectly fair, unbiased, and random. "Unfair" would mean to imply something is broken or not behaving equally. And while I already know a lot of people will say, "I didn't get my BiS legendaries and this person did, it's UNFAIR" or "I got Sephuz, it's UNFAIR". You have the same % chance to get your BiS legendary as the next guy. That's what makes it fair. It doesn't discriminate, and it doesn't have favorites. The person with BiS legendaries didn't cheat, he just got lucky. And you didn't. End of story.

I bought a lottery ticket last week. I didn't win. Some guy in Ohio won the jackpot. Hundreds of other people won smaller increments. Does that mean the lottery isn't fair? In that metaphor, you're one of the hundreds that won smaller increments because guess what, you have two legendaries. Maybe not the best ones, but you have two. There are still people in my guild, dedicated raiders, who don't have one. Tell those players how unfair you're being treated.

The system is fair. There's a difference.
    nobody cares, the word unfair was just used as exaggeration, its not the point. the point is the legendary system is frustrating and overall just garbage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    On topic: Yes, it's one of the reasons Legion is the worst expantion Blizzard has ever created.

10+ Year Old Account
    They should just nerf the cloak and buff the base damage of TV/DS, it isn't hard to see that it is just creating a massive power imbalance that isn't fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by foxes View Post
    Is it harder to parse and look pretty on logs? Totally. Is 7/7M dependent on having your cloak? Not at all. The dps legendaries are only important for parsing, ret as a whole still does enough dps to meet checks without them.
    Nah its not dependent of it but guilds will recruit and have recruited people with the right legendaries because it makes the player look better than you and could be that way for quite some time till RNG saves u.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    How can people be dumb enough to ask such questions ?

At no point in WoW has there been totally randomly obtainable items giving a whole fucking raid tier worth of output.

- - - Updated - - -

RNG on loot has always had a massive impact. Vanilla and TBC you had RNG legendaries which were game changers. You relied on RNG just to get items you wanted and could wait months or more to get them if luck wasnt on your side (My rogue for example never got a MH sword in TBC from a raid).

Yes some people got lucky and got all their gear pretty easily and quickly (see, people getting BiS legendaries now), others waited months-years or maybe never even got the items they needed, and if said item was a weapon/trinket or tier it could pretty much completely ruin your dps/output etc.

Rankings are more about working out how to pad the meters and/or having your guild do something to help inflate your numbers than pure skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazu View Post
    RNG on loot has always had a massive impact. Vanilla and TBC you had RNG legendaries which were game changers. You relied on RNG just to get items you wanted and could wait months or more to get them if luck wasnt on your side (My rogue for example never got a MH sword in TBC from a raid).

Yes some people got lucky and got all their gear pretty easily and quickly (see, people getting BiS legendaries now), others waited months-years or maybe never even got the items they needed, and if said item was a weapon/trinket or tier it could pretty much completely ruin your dps/output etc.

Rankings are more about working out how to pad the meters and/or having your guild do something to help inflate your numbers than pure skill.
    All this is answered pretty quickly by the second sentence in the post you're quoting.