Thread: Odyn hc stuck

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Numbers are low, all the healers are under performing. I can't say much about dps as i dont play one and i know shit when it comes to single target / aoe but it appears you have 3 ok dps and maybe 1 ok healer.

Learn better rotation, and better concentration + focus during the fight. They are't playing very fast with numbers like those

Then again, you guys are only 12 manning it, so i have no idea what logs would look like at that stage.

but i mean a lot of the fight is spreading from Horns of Valor, Soaking for Light Beam, and then using a BIG heal cool down after adds.

Are you guys failing during the runes? or just too many people dieing over time. The mechanics are all really telegraphed and it's more of an endurance fight than anything else.

Here are my guilds logs for 20 man heroic

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/wbJLD1TmcWMtFGRj
    Last edited by Dilemma90; 2016-12-12 at 08:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Best advice would be to stick to H EN until you have the proper gear. Looks like your raid is under performing for that fight. Low DPS and HPS. Even if you do somehow manage to take out Odyn, you wouldn't be able to get Guarm down to 80% before hitting the enrage timer with those numbers.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbull View Post
    Hi all,

Our guild (7/7hc 3/3nm) is progressing Odyn hc atm.
    We did like 20 wipes there and still far from stable 3rd phase.

Any kind advise would be very appreciated.

Logs: warcraftlogs. wf84V1ypKct2GmHC
    We were stuck on HC Odyn for quite a while (way more than 20 wipes). For those suggesting Mythic EN, some guilds don't have the numbers for that. We used a vantus rune for Odyn and managed to kill him the following week.

In the week after, we killed him in a few attempts without the vantus rune. Guarm was cakewalk. Helya....another day.

I should also add that we kept our melee on Odyn the whole time in phase 2, with the ranged taking care of Hyrja and Hymdall (We had only 3 melee dps out of 10 dps).
    Last edited by Designguru; 2016-12-12 at 10:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Broccoliz View Post
    To be honest, this is why you are stuck in p3.
    You realize I'm not the OP ?
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    And someone's deflecting because his truthful answer would burn himself too.
    I don't need to deflect childish attempts to throw barbs, they are nonsensical and only show the people making them are trying somehow to "get back" at someone.

Everyone stating their DPS/HPS is too low: DPS is going to be low because there's the same number of adds and tornadoes for 10-12 people as there are for 30. Going from 14 people to 10, our dps lost 50-70k just due to the added movement since 50% of the damage dealers/healers are affected by mechanics as opposed to 1/5 for a 20 person raid. Mob health scales poorly too, so on top of the extra movement in a 10-12 person raid, each DPS is responsible for dealing 15% more overall damage compared to a 30 person raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayfer View Post
    Long story short - your healers and most of your dps just suck. Only 3 dps over 200k? 3 Healers which barely break 200k hps aswell? Are you all 850 or what? (Guess not since you are farming HC EN). We are stuck there aswell, but our average dps for p1 and p2 is about 250k and average hps about 280k with 3 healers (gonna try with 4 and add more dps to compensate)

As a resto druid myself: looking at your longest attempt, your druid isn't using the optimal build to start with, during 8 min he casts Tranq ONCE, artifact ability Once (1,5 min cd), no flourish at all, Ironbark (1,5 min cd) just twice, no innervate AT ALL (even when he's oom). That's your top healer with 222k hps. Not even gonna look anyone else up honestly, sry
    Long story short...don't throw rocks in glass houses.

update: we cleared some EN HC, some of us hit 35+ art lvls, and we tried Odyn again... With worst 2-3-5 setup - thanks Blizz to make nightmare for every small raid, not only in emerald one. Here are our best try logs: warcraftlogs.com/reports/cV2b1dhAYk6ynPQr#fight=2

... And yes, we are not inviting pug if we have enough ppl to make a raid. And we are friends irl with that mage (im enha) for like 17 years (so ppl who live less than we are friends, could not understand this mix of results...).

What we can improve? Obviously, mage and shadow dps, what else? Second lock is an alt of main tank, tank dru is newbie (though very skilled), druid, i hope worked a lot.

Deleted
    What we can improve? Obviously, mage and shadow dps, what else? Second lock is an alt of main tank, tank dru is newbie (though very skilled), druid, i hope worked a lot.
    I ran some of your logs on the site; http://www.checkmywow.com/ and its not just the mage and priest that can improve

i would recomend that each member if your team is going to take a good look at their logs on that site and see where they are underperforming.

ToV is not easy with a small group and you need everyone to pull their weight to get the job done.

Did you find it any easier with the nerfs Thunderbull? Odyn heroic is hard (and especiialy for the small groups) so don't get discouraged.

Tell Karbofos to whisper me/reply here if they want a few tips. They are doing decent but things can be tightened up a bit.

- - - Updated - - -

What we can improve?
    Forgot to tag you before

Quote Originally Posted by Spikeyshadow View Post
    Did you find it any easier with the nerfs Thunderbull? Odyn heroic is hard (and especiialy for the small groups) so don't get discouraged.

Tell Karbofos to whisper me/reply here if they want a few tips. They are doing decent but things can be tightened up a bit.

- - - Updated - - -

Forgot to tag you before
    M8, it seem to be easier. We lost any problems until 3rd phase. Though 5 runers for 10 men raids means nonstop healers screams "help blue/red/purple".
    Minibosses easier, first phase ends always on 2nd runebearers pack getting aoed.

One more bro from guild online that time and I'd post bout kill.

update: we cleared some EN HC, some of us hit 35+ art lvls, and we tried Odyn again... With worst 2-3-5 setup - thanks Blizz to make nightmare for every small raid, not only in emerald one. Here are our best try logs: warcraftlogs.com/reports/cV2b1dhAYk6ynPQr#fight=2

... And yes, we are not inviting pug if we have enough ppl to make a raid. And we are friends irl with that mage (im enha) for like 17 years (so ppl who live less than we are friends, could not understand this mix of results...).

No one cares if your friends for 30 years.
    Your raids is abysmally bad.
    Friends none friends perform or stay stuck.

All of you need to improve and while i agree 10-15man raids have it harder on ToV hc none of you are playing even close to optimal to scream "10man hard blablabla".

Quote Originally Posted by Ebalina View Post
    No one cares if your friends for 30 years.
    Your raids is abysmally bad.
    Friends none friends perform or stay stuck.

All of you need to improve and while i agree 10-15man raids have it harder on ToV hc none of you are playing even close to optimal to scream "10man hard blablabla".
    Great advice there.

Got anything worthwhile to add or just taking a dump because you didn't get what you wanted for christmas.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

Quote Originally Posted by RyanEX View Post
    Great advice there.

Got anything worthwhile to add or just taking a dump because you didn't get what you wanted for christmas.
    It's Ebalina dude. Read him for entertainment value. Sheldon Cooper looks like a people coach compared to him. Just leave him to his incoherent rants, nod and smile and back away.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanEX View Post
    Great advice there.

Whats there to add?
    Shape up or don't play.

People have given them all the advices they can get, it is up to them and them alone to make it work now by improving.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    It's Ebalina dude. Read him for entertainment value. Sheldon Cooper looks like a people coach compared to him. Just leave him to his incoherent rants, nod and smile and back away.
    Who are you exactly mr clown?

Quote Originally Posted by Ebalina View Post
    Who are you exactly mr clown?
    I'm someone smart enough to recognize that people raid for different reasons and at different skill levels. It's pretty clear where hes at and that he wants advice within those constraints. He came here for advice, not to be berated by someone whose sense of self worth is tied to how many raid bosses they've killed.

Ability timers aren't integrated into the native UI and they are immensely useful for the vast majority of boss fights in the game. You can't reasonably even start to get the idea of claming otherwise unless you're an LFR progressing scrub.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Boss mods are not only useless most of the time (Blizzard has integrated nearly all important actions in a fight into the regular UI, unless someone is blind, deaf and dumb there is no reason not to know what is happening) but in my experience they actually decrease player's awareness and overall efficiency by spoonfeeding them.

Save for some extreme and specific situations (like Archimonde beams bonanza), bossmods are just crutches for lazy/bad players.
    You are the lazy one, bossmods have timers -> timers says when something happens -> you can anticipate things. You dont use bossmods because you cant look at more things and lose focus or just because of lazyness. Proof: Every mythic decent guild.

I'm someone smart enough to recognize that people raid for different reasons and at different skill levels. It's pretty clear where hes at and that he wants advice within those constraints. He came here for advice, not to be berated by someone whose sense of self worth is tied to how many raid bosses they've killed.
    Thank god that i gave him the proper advice.
    You improve use the advice's other people have given you and work on it.
    Man up and don't excuse your self by "mah friends this we are tight blablabla" no one cares use the advice's here and work on it nothing else to be said.

Nice assumptions btw keep going its fun for me.

Wow you are still struggling with this after the nerf? That's crazy. On the bright side, you can't possibly struggle with guarm after the nerf.

- - - Updated - - -

To be fair, his answer is correct how ever poorly written. There is no way anyone geared through this item level she be struggling on heroic post nerf in there. No one here can offer any advice other than to learn how to play their classes better. Should be an easy one shot for everyone once the tanks figure out how they are surviving.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Balefulxd View Post
    You are the lazy one, bossmods have timers -> timers says when something happens -> you can anticipate things. You dont use bossmods because you cant look at more things and lose focus or just because of lazyness.
    No, because it forces me to pay attention to what's happening instead of just waiting for the bossmod to play in my stead, dumbass.